ImageImageImage

GAME 41: Pistons @ Rockets 8:00PM

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Re: GAME 41: Pistons @ Rockets 8:00PM 

Post#61 » by El Chivo » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:01 pm

440BB wrote:I wonder what Christian Wood thinks about the team he's on now compared to the team he thought he was joining. I think he expected to be part of a playoff team and that looks doubtful for his entire contract.

Empty stats guy. Skilled AF, though.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,788

Post#62 » by Snakebites » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:50 am

El Chivo wrote:
440BB wrote:I wonder what Christian Wood thinks about the team he's on now compared to the team he thought he was joining. I think he expected to be part of a playoff team and that looks doubtful for his entire contract.

Who knows what he thought he was joining. Things already looked like they were falling apart in Houston by the time he signed.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,886

Post#63 » by MotownMadness » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:18 am

Snakebites wrote:
El Chivo wrote:

Who knows what he thought he was joining. Things already looked like they were falling apart in Houston by the time he signed.

He's the one who tweeted he wanted to win this off-season as a FA
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#64 » by Pharaoh » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:42 am

Think at the time of the amended deal they still had Harden and Westbrook.

Adding a big like Wood, with Tucker and all those vet role players was a signal to run it back with the big 2 players running it their way for one last crack at it.

Then it all went sideways.

Feel sorry for him cause we're in a better situation than they are now, although you can argue that if he stayed we'd be stuck on the treadmill again.

Fingers crossed the Houston owner isn't as bad as the General board would have you believe and they're able to get it together sooner rather than later.

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,788

Post#65 » by Snakebites » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:52 am

MotownMadness wrote:
Snakebites wrote:
El Chivo wrote:

Yeah.

But I remember being puzzled when he signed in Houston after that statement. Coach and GM were gone, Russ had already demanded a trade. I don’t think Harden has officially done so, but the writing was on the wall.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#66 » by DBC10 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:08 pm

Snakebites wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
Snakebites wrote:Who knows what he thought he was joining. Things already looked like they were falling apart in Houston by the time he signed.

Yeah.

But I remember being puzzled when he signed in Houston after that statement. Coach and GM were gone, Russ had already demanded a trade. I don’t think Harden has officially done so, but the writing was on the wall.

I think it's conceivable Wood nor anyone else thought that Harden would go about demanding that trade the way it all went down. If I recall correctly, he basically went full scorched Earth on the organization after Morey and D'Antoni were out. Didn't show up to camp due to partying and breaking every single COVID protocol that sidelined him from playing games. Even when he did play, he looked absolutely awful in comparison to his usual more methodical way of playing
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#67 » by chrbal » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:48 pm

Snakebites wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
Snakebites wrote:Who knows what he thought he was joining. Things already looked like they were falling apart in Houston by the time he signed.

Yeah.

It’s one of those times you wish you knew what all his options were.

Return to Detroit Pistons