ImageImageImage

Game 44: Nets @ Pistons 7 pm

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

2sinsworth
Ballboy
And1: 17

Re: Game 44: Nets @ Pistons 7 pm 

Post#81 » by 2sinsworth » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:55 am

Isaiah Stewart may want to enroll in basketball etiquette 101 classes this summer with Rick Mahorn and Bill Laimbeer...learn some real culture.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,885

Post#82 » by MotownMadness » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:08 am

What was Blake doing
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,885

Post#83 » by MotownMadness » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:30 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,119

Post#84 » by The Moose » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:44 am

MotownMadness wrote:What was Blake doing

acting like a tool for most of the game
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#85 » by Pharaoh » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:58 am

Serious Heat fan here.

Give me a Jimmy Butler and I'll consider Weaver a God!

Is it too much to ask for a leader who doesn't care about stats and just wants to win?

Been a while since Billups and Big Ben
chrbal wrote:Enjoying the fact that Harden is on another team that he basically has to throw on his back on a lot of nights.

Come playoff time, go sixers and heat

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#86 » by chrbal » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:03 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Did saddiq get an and 1 on that grandpa foul by Blake?
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,119

Post#87 » by The Moose » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:22 pm

chrbal wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Did saddiq get an and 1 on that grandpa foul by Blake?

nope
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#88 » by DetroitSho » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:40 pm

Yeah I'm not sure wtf was going on with Blake. People bent over backwards for him his time here, what was he so mad about? He reminds me of a rapper that grew up in the suburbs with both parents talking about how he had to struggle and get it out the mud. Like bro, your real name is Clarence.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#89 » by Manocad » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:06 pm

DetroitSho wrote:Yeah I'm not sure wtf was going on with Blake. People bent over backwards for him his time here, what was he so mad about? He reminds of a rapper that grew up in the suburbs with both parents talking about how how he had to struggle and get it out the mud. Like bro, your real name is Clarence.

And Clarence's parents had a real good marriage

That movie is on my list of "can watch at any time, at any point in the movie and always enjoy it"
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,254

Post#90 » by GreekAlex » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:37 pm

DetroitSho wrote:Yeah I'm not sure wtf was going on with Blake. People bent over backwards for him his time here, what was he so mad about? He reminds me of a rapper that grew up in the suburbs with both parents talking about how how he had to struggle and get it out the mud. Like bro, your real name is Clarence.

One thing I’ve realized is that emotions aren’t logical. He’s probably got a lot going on in his head and his frustration seems to be boiling over in the wrong direction.

I’m sure it’s difficult to come to grips with the fact that when most players are at the end of their prime in their early 30’s, you’re laboring up and down the court just to put together a good 20 minute performance every few games. Going from a first option to a washed up role player must be hard for him.

Lashing out at a fan base, city and franchise that tried to embrace you isn’t logical.

Maybe it’s easier to have that misguided hostility than realize that no one has done you wrong aside from maybe your weak ginger genetics.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,078

Post#91 » by MrBigShot » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:37 pm

Damn Blake Griffin is smug as hell lol. I suddenly remember he had a lot of haters for that reason in his clippers days.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,225

Post#92 » by thesack12 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:27 pm

Ehh, Blake's actions didn't get my dander up personally. Specifically on the dunk and stare down of the bench, for all I know the bench had been heckling him saying he's crippled or something.

We always hear about the "revenge" game when a player goes against his former teams, this was just Blake's version vs the Pistons. The emotions generally tend to run high in such games.

Furthermore, I have no idea what was going on behind the scenes during the entire process of the divorce. Its possible, the team simply told him to go kick rocks and we'll give you a call when we want to update your status.

For reference, some posters were questioning what kind of future harm it would cause the franchise if they bought out or benched Wayne Ellington. Yet, the team did both with Blake Griffin. Not exactly the same caliber of player or symbolism there.

So for me, unless he does some bush league crap and tries to get somebody hurt or publicly trashes the franchise/fan base I'm not gonna be bothered with what Blake does. But that's just my opinion on the matter.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#93 » by chrbal » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:57 pm

I like that our squad has essentially a villain type in Blake. I don’t think he did anything horrendous. Veterans always get the call over a rookie. Sucks, but it’s true.

If I was scouting against the Nets, last night gave me a lot of things to look at. Kyrie can’t play every game, Durant is amazing, but can’t be out there every night. Yes I realize neither played. Harden has to play out of this world for the Nets to win when they are shorthanded. Harris needs the trio, Claxton has his shortcomings.

Griffin will get embarrassed in a 7 game series against the sixers for example.

They’ve got amazing talent, but they are not a sure fire championship team.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#94 » by DetroitSho » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:22 pm

thesack12 wrote:Ehh, Blake's actions didn't get my dander up personally. Specifically on the dunk and stare down of the bench, for all I know the bench had been heckling him saying he's crippled or something.

We always hear about the "revenge" game when a player goes against his former teams, this was just Blake's version vs the Pistons. The emotions generally tend to run high in such games.

Furthermore, I have no idea what was going on behind the scenes during the entire process of the divorce. Its possible, the team simply told him to go kick rocks and we'll give you a call when we want to update your status.

For reference, some posters were questioning what kind of future harm it would cause the franchise if they bought out or benched Wayne Ellington. Yet, the team did both with Blake Griffin. Not exactly the same caliber of player or symbolism there.

So for me, unless he does some bush league crap and tries to get somebody hurt or publicly trashes the franchise/fan base I'm not gonna be bothered with what Blake does. But that's just my opinion on the matter.
I agree with you for the most part. It certainly didn't make me want the team to win just because of his antics, that's just stupid imo. I was just confused like what revenge is there to even be had? Even if the team did say go "kick rocks, don't call us we'll call you", it was still to his benefit.

He was playing like chit, they had every right to make him a 25mpg player off the bench through the end of his contract, in the name of developing the long-term pieces. I'm sorry but the situation was as amicable as it coulda been when it comes to him still getting paid and playing meaningful basketball.

Return to Detroit Pistons