ImageImageImage

4 games left for decision on 2 way players for Pistons(50-gms)

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

kellmellus50
Starter
And1: 137

Re: 4 games left for decision on 2 way players for Pistons(50-gms) 

Post#21 » by kellmellus50 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:51 pm

Pistons should have signed Alize Johnson instead of Cook they missed out on this choice.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Post#22 » by MotownMadness » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:21 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:Pistons should have signed Alize Johnson instead of Cook they missed out on this choice.

He looking good or something?
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#23 » by 440BB » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:35 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:
440BB wrote:The only guards that will be under contract for next season are Hayes, Josh Jackson and Sirvydis, as Joseph and McGruder's deals won't be picked up. We need Lee in some role next year and his ceiling is looking pretty good. Instead of just shifting to the league minimum after 50 games, I'd like to see him signed to a decent two - three year deal with a team option for one more. Lock up a good rotation point guard before he gets more expensive. He's earned it.

I would then sign Cook to a two-way for the rest of the season if possible.

Why keep Cook ? what does he do ? he's bench warmer !!! i have seen nothing in his game ,you all think he's an all star what have you been watching.

When team only has four healthy bigs on their roster it's kind of obvious they need at least a backup 4/5 on the bench the rest of the way. Grant is getting burned out and one injury or ejection and we are screwed. I want us to lose but not because guys are playing out of position, no development there.

Cook is young, already knows Grant and Plumlee, and if Grant gets a day off here and there, a Sekou/Cook rotation shouldn't hurt the tank. Seems like a pretty good fit for the next 26 games.

Maybe you're fine with just four bigs or want someone else but it seems like common sense to have some depth on the bench.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#24 » by kellmellus50 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:04 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
kellmellus50 wrote:Pistons should have signed Alize Johnson instead of Cook they missed out on this choice.

He looking good or something?

Yes in his last game he scored 23 pts
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#25 » by chrbal » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:04 pm

MotownMadness wrote: He looking good or something?

Nets just had a game where the jazz beat them by 30. Alize had a solid game, but look up the lineup they used. Someone had to do something.

Cook has a history with Weaver, Plumlee, and Grant. Cook’s playing style fits Detroit’s needs more than Alize. Also you’re complaining over a ten day.
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#26 » by kellmellus50 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:06 pm

440BB wrote:
kellmellus50 wrote:
440BB wrote:The only guards that will be under contract for next season are Hayes, Josh Jackson and Sirvydis, as Joseph and McGruder's deals won't be picked up. We need Lee in some role next year and his ceiling is looking pretty good. Instead of just shifting to the league minimum after 50 games, I'd like to see him signed to a decent two - three year deal with a team option for one more. Lock up a good rotation point guard before he gets more expensive. He's earned it.

I would then sign Cook to a two-way for the rest of the season if possible.

Why keep Cook ? what does he do ? he's bench warmer !!! i have seen nothing in his game ,you all think he's an all star what have you been watching.

When team only has four healthy bigs on their roster it's kind of obvious they need at least a backup 4/5 on the bench the rest of the way. Grant is getting burned out and one injury or ejection and we are screwed. I want us to lose but not because guys are playing out of position, no development there.

Cook is young, already knows Grant and Plumlee, and if Grant gets a day off here and there, a Sekou/Cook rotation shouldn't hurt the tank. Seems like a pretty good fit for the next 26 games.

Maybe you're fine with just four bigs or want someone else but it seems like common sense to have some depth on the bench.

You can find better players than Cook out there.Alize was out there before we took Cook for example.
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#27 » by kellmellus50 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:10 pm

chrbal wrote:

Nets just had a game where the jazz beat them by 30. Alize had a solid game, but look up the lineup they used. Someone had to do something.

Cook has a history with Weaver, Plumlee, and Grant. Cook’s playing style fits Detroit’s needs more than Alize. Also you’re complaining over a ten day.

Cook averages only 2.7 pts per game ,we can find a better player out there to replace him.Weaver needs to hire me for the front office and i will improve this team.
chrbal
RealGM

Post#28 » by chrbal » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:26 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:
chrbal wrote:

Cook averages only 2.7 pts per game ,we can find a better player out there to replace him.Weaver needs to hire me for the front office and i will improve this team.

I don’t get why you responded with two posts, so I’m just going to address both here.

There is no point in using their NBA stat lines so far as proof. Alize puts up numbers like that when their full roster is healthy then you got something. Also if he’s so good, why didn’t he play in either of the Nets two games after putting up that in the blowout loss to the Jazz?

Cook is a 255 lb 4/5, Johnson is a 215 lb 3/4. So Johnson would need to outplay Diallo.

To respond to your other response. Come up with actual names.
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#29 » by kellmellus50 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:46 pm

chrbal wrote:
kellmellus50 wrote:
chrbal wrote:

I don’t get why you responded with two posts, so I’m just going to address both here.

There is no point in using their NBA stat lines so far as proof. Alize puts up numbers like that when their full roster is healthy then you got something. Also if he’s so good, why didn’t he play in either of the Nets two games after putting up that in the blowout loss to the Jazz?

Cook is a 255 lb 4/5, Johnson is a 215 lb 3/4. So Johnson would need to outplay Diallo.

This is easy
Henry
Ellenson scores 24 pts a game ,he's better than Cook 2.7 pts bench warmer. https://stats.gleague.nba.com/players/
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#30 » by kellmellus50 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:48 pm

Now I'll give you a harder question who will win tonight's game .Portland -7.5 or Detroit +7.5
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#31 » by MotownMadness » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:00 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:Now I'll give you a harder question who will win tonight's game .Portland -7.5 or Detroit +7.5

Probably go with Portland, feels like a blowout loss coming for us
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#32 » by kellmellus50 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:13 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
kellmellus50 wrote:Now I'll give you a harder question who will win tonight's game .Portland -7.5 or Detroit +7.5

Ok i'll put $50.00 on Portland -7.5
chrbal
RealGM

Post#33 » by chrbal » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:54 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:
chrbal wrote:
kellmellus50 wrote:

This is easy
Henry
Ellenson scores 24 pts a game ,he's better than Cook 2.7 pts bench warmer. https://stats.gleague.nba.com/players/

It’s funny because I was guessing that would be the name you came up with.

I like how you compare g league numbers for Ellenson vs Cooks NBA numbers.

Ellenson is only a center at the NBA level who is only good at ball movement and 3 point shooting. Defensively he’s poor. Ellenson would need to outplay Plumlee and Stewart to get any playing time.

It’s also odd that the Raptors have a need at center, had him at the NBA level this season, had him with their G league affiliate for two seasons, and have not signed him to another ten day.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#34 » by MotownMadness » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:51 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:

Ok i'll put $50.00 on Portland -7.5

Dammit I'm better not feel guilty tonight :lol:

Return to Detroit Pistons