ImageImageImage

Game 47: Trail Blazers @ Pistons 7 pm

Moderators: theBigLip, dVs33, Snakebites

MotownMadness
RealGM
Posts: 31,744
And1: 18,396
Joined: Oct 08, 2013
 

Re: Game 47: Trail Blazers @ Pistons 7 pm 

Post#41 » by MotownMadness » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:08 am

Nasty dunk by Grant
User avatar
Manocad
RealGM
Posts: 63,226
And1: 8,277
Joined: Dec 13, 2005
Location: Middle Fingerton
Contact:
       

Re: Game 47: Trail Blazers @ Pistons 7 pm 

Post#42 » by Manocad » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:08 am

Posterized
Image
User avatar
detroitKG
RealGM
Posts: 12,919
And1: 5,332
Joined: Feb 24, 2011
Location: The Social Media Embassador
     

Re: Game 47: Trail Blazers @ Pistons 7 pm 

Post#43 » by detroitKG » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:09 am

Jerami...GOT DAMN!!!!
MotownMadness
RealGM
Posts: 31,744
And1: 18,396
Joined: Oct 08, 2013
 

Re: Game 47: Trail Blazers @ Pistons 7 pm 

Post#44 » by MotownMadness » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:09 am

Diallo wow man
DetroitSho
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,625
And1: 1,623
Joined: Sep 28, 2012

Re: Game 47: Trail Blazers @ Pistons 7 pm 

Post#45 » by DetroitSho » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:10 am

whitehops wrote:yeah... really not liking cory joseph's game. dude overdribbles and has almost no scoring ability so he forces a decent amount of things.

the offense flowed much better with wright :(
That was kinda the idea. Trade good for bad and lose.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
Piston Pete
RealGM
Posts: 16,583
And1: 489
Joined: Feb 07, 2002
Location: Way out in left field

Re: Game 47: Trail Blazers @ Pistons 7 pm 

Post#46 » by Piston Pete » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:10 am

Honestly, we should be giving all Joseph’s minutes to Lee.

I hope we trade Joseph before next season starts. But nobody is gonna trade for Joseph, the player. We have no reason to “showcase” him. A team will be trading for Joseph’s contract.
chrbal
RealGM
Posts: 18,732
And1: 715
Joined: Mar 02, 2001
Contact:

Re: Game 47: Trail Blazers @ Pistons 7 pm 

Post#47 » by chrbal » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:10 am

CoJo is like a veteran tank commander. Be just good enough to help the younger guys improve, but not talented enough to be a real threat for playing time once Hayes gets going.

Diallo needs to start going forward.
User avatar
Manocad
RealGM
Posts: 63,226
And1: 8,277
Joined: Dec 13, 2005
Location: Middle Fingerton
Contact:
       

Re: Game 47: Trail Blazers @ Pistons 7 pm 

Post#48 » by Manocad » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:11 am

I know it's a small sample size but given that, at this point if there was a hypothetical situation where it was Diallo or Josh Jackson, well...pack your bags, JJ. He can't carry Diallo's jock at the moment.
Image
User avatar
guldakot
Junior
Posts: 346
And1: 170
Joined: Jul 10, 2015
     

Re: Game 47: Trail Blazers @ Pistons 7 pm 

Post#49 » by guldakot » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:11 am

This team is so damned long and athletic it really is beautiful, so much defensive potential and its nice to see players actually finish at the rim. Diallo is the anti KCP at the rim lol.
User avatar
whitehops
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,072
And1: 3,836
Joined: Dec 12, 2012
     

Re: Game 47: Trail Blazers @ Pistons 7 pm 

Post#50 » by whitehops » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:12 am

Piston Pete wrote:Honestly, we should be giving all Joseph’s minutes to Lee.

I hope we trade Joseph before next season starts. But nobody is gonna trade for Joseph, the player. We have no reason to “showcase” him. A team will be trading for Joseph’s contract.


i really hope joseph doesn't see the floor when DSJ or hayes come back. he probably will still get minutes but oh well...
User avatar
Piston Pete
RealGM
Posts: 16,583
And1: 489
Joined: Feb 07, 2002
Location: Way out in left field

Re: Game 47: Trail Blazers @ Pistons 7 pm 

Post#51 » by Piston Pete » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:13 am

Diallo’s best position?

PG?
SG?
SF?
DetroitSho
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,625
And1: 1,623
Joined: Sep 28, 2012

Re: Game 47: Trail Blazers @ Pistons 7 pm 

Post#52 » by DetroitSho » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:13 am

chrbal wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
chrbal wrote:Oh good another thread whining about draft position. If only there was a thread dedicated to that
They gotta stop naming these the game thread. It needs to be named "Draft Pick Bitchfest #47" or whatever game it is.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app


Or the wonderful “did anyone know we traded 4 2nds on repeat”

Meanwhile our starters have 40 points so far, Grant and Plumlee have 38....but we’re not properly tanking.
I'm still trying to figure out exactly who Plumlee and Grant are blocking for them needing to be rested. Stewart has gotten consistent playing time pretty much all season behind Plumlee. And Sekou somehow keeps finding ways to not be available for one reason or another. Grant certainly ain't blocking him. Everybody else on the roster is basically guards and wings.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
detroitKG
RealGM
Posts: 12,919
And1: 5,332
Joined: Feb 24, 2011
Location: The Social Media Embassador
     

Re: Game 47: Trail Blazers @ Pistons 7 pm 

Post#53 » by detroitKG » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:14 am

:o

Read on Twitter
User avatar
Piston Pete
RealGM
Posts: 16,583
And1: 489
Joined: Feb 07, 2002
Location: Way out in left field

Re: Game 47: Trail Blazers @ Pistons 7 pm 

Post#54 » by Piston Pete » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:15 am

DetroitSho wrote:
chrbal wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:They gotta stop naming these the game thread. It needs to be named "Draft Pick Bitchfest #47" or whatever game it is.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app


Or the wonderful “did anyone know we traded 4 2nds on repeat”

Meanwhile our starters have 40 points so far, Grant and Plumlee have 38....but we’re not properly tanking.
I'm still trying to figure out exactly who Plumlee and Grant are blocking for them needing to be rested. Stewart has gotten consistent playing time pretty much all season behind Plumlee. And Sekou somehow keeps finding ways to not be available for one reason or another. Grant certainly ain't blocking him. Everybody else on the roster is basically guards and wings.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app


It has nothing to do with them “blocking” someone else.

It has everything to do with “resting” them to pile up losses.
User avatar
guldakot
Junior
Posts: 346
And1: 170
Joined: Jul 10, 2015
     

Re: Game 47: Trail Blazers @ Pistons 7 pm 

Post#55 » by guldakot » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:17 am

DetroitSho wrote:
chrbal wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:They gotta stop naming these the game thread. It needs to be named "Draft Pick Bitchfest #47" or whatever game it is.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app


Or the wonderful “did anyone know we traded 4 2nds on repeat”

Meanwhile our starters have 40 points so far, Grant and Plumlee have 38....but we’re not properly tanking.
I'm still trying to figure out exactly who Plumlee and Grant are blocking for them needing to be rested. Stewart has gotten consistent playing time pretty much all season behind Plumlee. And Sekou somehow keeps finding ways to not be available for one reason or another. Grant certainly ain't blocking him. Everybody else on the roster is basically guards and wings.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app


Im coming from the angle that our rooks and the rest of our youth are playing above expectations, it really is sort of an awesome problem to have. Bey Stewie Lee and now Diallo are all more then I could have hoped for before the season started. Couple that with Grant playing above expectations and Plumlee being much better then I thought he would be and I'm actually surprised more then anything.
Invictus88
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,412
And1: 482
Joined: Jun 25, 2013

Re: Game 47: Trail Blazers @ Pistons 7 pm 

Post#56 » by Invictus88 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:19 am

Piston Pete wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
chrbal wrote:
Or the wonderful “did anyone know we traded 4 2nds on repeat”

Meanwhile our starters have 40 points so far, Grant and Plumlee have 38....but we’re not properly tanking.
I'm still trying to figure out exactly who Plumlee and Grant are blocking for them needing to be rested. Stewart has gotten consistent playing time pretty much all season behind Plumlee. And Sekou somehow keeps finding ways to not be available for one reason or another. Grant certainly ain't blocking him. Everybody else on the roster is basically guards and wings.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app


It has nothing to do with them “blocking” someone else.

It has everything to do with “resting” them to pile up losses.


Earlier on you had Blake and Derrick Rose each playing 30 per. That's 60 extra minutes to distribute now. Take away those 60 minutes and you'd sometimes see Bey with single digit minutes. And it would come a game after he sank 5 threes.

The only thing I see now is a b**chfest from people complaining about people who were complaining in previous game threads and aren't now that there are minutes to spread around.
DetroitSho
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,625
And1: 1,623
Joined: Sep 28, 2012

Re: Game 47: Trail Blazers @ Pistons 7 pm 

Post#57 » by DetroitSho » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:20 am

I swear it feels like we went a decade without an athletic wing on this roster worth a real damn. Now we have several 6'6 to 6'8 guys on the roster. Imagine Tony Snell being the best wing your team has had in years. YUUUCCKK!

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
whitehops
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,072
And1: 3,836
Joined: Dec 12, 2012
     

Re: Game 47: Trail Blazers @ Pistons 7 pm 

Post#58 » by whitehops » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:20 am

looks like bey did shuffle a bit during lillard's drive, sucks for bey's game to end like that but it was the right call. hopefully he shakes it off and has a good game next time.
User avatar
The Moose
Head Coach
Posts: 7,136
And1: 3,198
Joined: Apr 18, 2012
Location: AUSTRALIA
   

Re: Game 47: Trail Blazers @ Pistons 7 pm 

Post#59 » by The Moose » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:20 am

Manocad wrote:I know it's a small sample size but given that, at this point if there was a hypothetical situation where it was Diallo or Josh Jackson, well...pack your bags, JJ. He can't carry Diallo's jock at the moment.


now the question is what type of contract is Diallo expecting this offseason
Luka Doncic and Cedi Osman Fan Club member
chrbal
RealGM
Posts: 18,732
And1: 715
Joined: Mar 02, 2001
Contact:

Re: Game 47: Trail Blazers @ Pistons 7 pm 

Post#60 » by chrbal » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:21 am

DetroitSho wrote:
chrbal wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:They gotta stop naming these the game thread. It needs to be named "Draft Pick Bitchfest #47" or whatever game it is.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app


Or the wonderful “did anyone know we traded 4 2nds on repeat”

Meanwhile our starters have 40 points so far, Grant and Plumlee have 38....but we’re not properly tanking.
I'm still trying to figure out exactly who Plumlee and Grant are blocking for them needing to be rested. Stewart has gotten consistent playing time pretty much all season behind Plumlee. And Sekou somehow keeps finding ways to not be available for one reason or another. Grant certainly ain't blocking him. Everybody else on the roster is basically guards and wings.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app


Once (well assuming) Cook gets a contract, Plumlee and Grant should get there minutes trimmed a little. But there really is no one they are blocking.

Return to Detroit Pistons