ImageImageImage

GAME 51: Pistons @ Nuggets 9PM

Moderators: theBigLip, dVs33, Snakebites

ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
Posts: 12,617
And1: 8,175
Joined: Jun 15, 2008
Location: France
Contact:
   

GAME 51: Pistons @ Nuggets 9PM 

Post#1 » by ducler » Tue Apr 6, 2021 10:09 pm

Read on Twitter
Image
User avatar
zeebneeb
RealGM
Posts: 11,601
And1: 4,687
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Location: ANGERVILLE: Population 1
 

Re: GAME 51: Pistons @ Nuggets 9PM 

Post#2 » by zeebneeb » Tue Apr 6, 2021 10:49 pm

Let's see how Hayes does this game, as well as Grant and Plumlee. I wonder how competitive this one will be.
DBC10
General Manager
Posts: 8,541
And1: 2,337
Joined: Jun 01, 2013
 

Re: GAME 51: Pistons @ Nuggets 9PM 

Post#3 » by DBC10 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 11:34 pm

Denver has been on a tear lately and looks good with AG flying around after the acquisition. This will likely be a solid loss unless they somehow play down to our level for whatever reason
User avatar
Han Solo
General Manager
Posts: 9,377
And1: 6,830
Joined: Jan 07, 2011
Contact:
     

Re: GAME 51: Pistons @ Nuggets 9PM 

Post#4 » by Han Solo » Tue Apr 6, 2021 11:40 pm

Hayes is out.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 11,708
And1: 4,659
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: GAME 51: Pistons @ Nuggets 9PM 

Post#5 » by skywalker33 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 11:48 pm

Remember the song "Be like Mike"...well it seems the Pistons what to "Be like DEN" signing Tyler Cook now you have 3/17 player who are former Nuggets. Good ideas but wrong end of the roster. Hope for a good game w/o injuries tonight !
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
User avatar
Han Solo
General Manager
Posts: 9,377
And1: 6,830
Joined: Jan 07, 2011
Contact:
     

Re: GAME 51: Pistons @ Nuggets 9PM 

Post#6 » by Han Solo » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:03 am

skywalker33 wrote:Remember the song "Be like Mike"...well it seems the Pistons what to "Be like DEN" signing Tyler Cook now you have 3/17 player who are former Nuggets. Good ideas but wrong end of the roster. Hope for a good game w/o injuries tonight !


We don’t want to “be like Denver”.

We’ve won championships here. We’re just trying to get back to being the Pistons.

We don’t think of Denver here. Ever.
User avatar
zeebneeb
RealGM
Posts: 11,601
And1: 4,687
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Location: ANGERVILLE: Population 1
 

Re: GAME 51: Pistons @ Nuggets 9PM 

Post#7 » by zeebneeb » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:17 am

Han Solo wrote:Hayes is out.
Well that sucks. What the hell happened?
chrbal
RealGM
Posts: 18,736
And1: 716
Joined: Mar 02, 2001
Contact:

Re: GAME 51: Pistons @ Nuggets 9PM 

Post#8 » by chrbal » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:29 am

zeebneeb wrote:
Han Solo wrote:Hayes is out.
Well that sucks. What the hell happened?


It’s a back to back situation. Guys been out for a long time, they are just trying to ease him back in.

Also, Plumlee just got a night off for rest. This is essentially for rest. Just saying they could be finally looking to rest guys as we cruise to the end.
User avatar
zeebneeb
RealGM
Posts: 11,601
And1: 4,687
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Location: ANGERVILLE: Population 1
 

Re: GAME 51: Pistons @ Nuggets 9PM 

Post#9 » by zeebneeb » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:33 am

chrbal wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:
Han Solo wrote:Hayes is out.
Well that sucks. What the hell happened?


It’s a back to back situation. Guys been out for a long time, they are just trying to ease him back in.

Also, Plumlee just got a night off for rest. This is essentially for rest. Just saying they could be finally looking to rest guys as we cruise to the end.
Okay I get it then. Just thought maybe he got banged up or something, that would have sucked. Still a little disappointed though. Got myself a really nice cigar, some Moonshine, and was prepared to enjoy the game.

Welp, get to check out the other young guys though. Diallo(sp?)is starting to really intrigue me so there's that.
DBC10
General Manager
Posts: 8,541
And1: 2,337
Joined: Jun 01, 2013
 

Re: GAME 51: Pistons @ Nuggets 9PM 

Post#10 » by DBC10 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:39 am

chrbal wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:
Han Solo wrote:Hayes is out.
Well that sucks. What the hell happened?


It’s a back to back situation. Guys been out for a long time, they are just trying to ease him back in.

Also, Plumlee just got a night off for rest. This is essentially for rest. Just saying they could be finally looking to rest guys as we cruise to the end.


It's good thing too. No reason to play the vets on a back to back anymore seeing as how there's 21 games left
chrbal
RealGM
Posts: 18,736
And1: 716
Joined: Mar 02, 2001
Contact:

Re: GAME 51: Pistons @ Nuggets 9PM 

Post#11 » by chrbal » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:45 am

zeebneeb wrote:
chrbal wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:Well that sucks. What the hell happened?


It’s a back to back situation. Guys been out for a long time, they are just trying to ease him back in.

Also, Plumlee just got a night off for rest. This is essentially for rest. Just saying they could be finally looking to rest guys as we cruise to the end.
Okay I get it then. Just thought maybe he got banged up or something, that would have sucked. Still a little disappointed though. Got myself a really nice cigar, some Moonshine, and was prepared to enjoy the game.

Welp, get to check out the other young guys though. Diallo(sp?)is starting to really intrigue me so there's that.


Enjoy the cigar, watch if any of the Detroit nuggets show up their old teammates.
User avatar
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
Posts: 24,238
And1: 3,850
Joined: Jul 10, 2010

Re: GAME 51: Pistons @ Nuggets 9PM 

Post#12 » by ComboGuardCity » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:17 am

This nuggets team doesn’t have enough plus defenders too win a championship IMO
buzzkilloton
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,907
And1: 829
Joined: Feb 20, 2017
 

Re: GAME 51: Pistons @ Nuggets 9PM 

Post#13 » by buzzkilloton » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:21 am

ComboGuardCity wrote:This nuggets team doesn’t have enough plus defenders too win a championship IMO


If the Lakers and Nets continue to be banged up its anybodys game this season. Lakers AD and LBJ currently out and Nets missing Harden and Durant though Durant is back soon. Say come playoff time these guys are missing one of their big guys then somebody out of the Sixers/Bucks/Nuggs/Jazz/Clippers/Suns maybe Heat gonna have to win it. This is the most open season I've seen in awhile for anybody to win due to those injuries to the best teams.
Miss you C.Wood
MotownMadness
RealGM
Posts: 31,757
And1: 18,401
Joined: Oct 08, 2013
 

Re: GAME 51: Pistons @ Nuggets 9PM 

Post#14 » by MotownMadness » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:21 am

Grant going after them
User avatar
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
Posts: 24,238
And1: 3,850
Joined: Jul 10, 2010

Re: GAME 51: Pistons @ Nuggets 9PM 

Post#15 » by ComboGuardCity » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:28 am

buzzkilloton wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:This nuggets team doesn’t have enough plus defenders too win a championship IMO


If the Lakers and Nets continue to be banged up its anybodys game this season. Lakers AD and LBJ currently out and Nets missing Harden and Durant though Durant is back soon. Say come playoff time these guys are missing one of their big guys then somebody out of the Sixers/Bucks/Nuggs/Jazz/Clippers/Suns maybe Heat gonna have to win it. This is the most open season I've seen in awhile for anybody to win due to those injuries to the best teams.

Other than the Suns and heat I can’t see them beating any of those other teams 4 times healthy. But you’re right, injuries are part of the game and moreso this year
MotownMadness
RealGM
Posts: 31,757
And1: 18,401
Joined: Oct 08, 2013
 

Re: GAME 51: Pistons @ Nuggets 9PM 

Post#16 » by MotownMadness » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:28 am

Would be sweet if Grant could drop 50 on his former team. (In a loss)
rmfc
Analyst
Posts: 3,649
And1: 816
Joined: Jul 19, 2009
     

Re: GAME 51: Pistons @ Nuggets 9PM 

Post#17 » by rmfc » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:35 am

Grant's putting on a show tonight. Will he go for 50? :dontknow:
User avatar
zeebneeb
RealGM
Posts: 11,601
And1: 4,687
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Location: ANGERVILLE: Population 1
 

Re: GAME 51: Pistons @ Nuggets 9PM 

Post#18 » by zeebneeb » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:40 am

Grant looks juiced for this game, and Bey looks good as well. Stewart is just so damn physical with their bigs I love it.
MotownMadness
RealGM
Posts: 31,757
And1: 18,401
Joined: Oct 08, 2013
 

Re: GAME 51: Pistons @ Nuggets 9PM 

Post#19 » by MotownMadness » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:43 am

Bey has such a cool looking 3 ball, like it's a flat shot or something
jakebernat
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,874
And1: 745
Joined: Jan 26, 2014
Location: downriver, MI

Re: GAME 51: Pistons @ Nuggets 9PM 

Post#20 » by jakebernat » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:46 am

MotownMadness wrote:Bey has such a cool looking 3 ball, like it's a flat shot or something


It’s the weird outward extension that he gets

Return to Detroit Pistons