ImageImageImage

GAME 62 : Hawks @ Pistons 7PM

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Re: GAME 62 : Hawks @ Pistons 7PM 

Post#61 » by flow » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:45 am

Hayes has a long way to go. He better get his game together this off-season.
DNice68
Rookie
And1: 376

Post#62 » by DNice68 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:47 am

:cry:
Manocad wrote:
DNice68 wrote:I don’t feel Weaver really wants Cunningham, Mobley, or Suggs that bad. I think he wants Green or Kuminga the most.

Based on...?

They fit the Weaver profile, Super athletic wings who can play on the perimeter, with defensive potential.
DNice68
Rookie
And1: 376

Post#63 » by DNice68 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:49 am

NYPiston wrote:Hey, at least we're not Minnesota.
Can you imagine if they beat Utah in back to back games and are in danger of dropping out of the top 3 after being at the bottom all season? Not to mention that they lose their pick if they fall out of the top 3. Talk about sweaty palms up north.

Wolves have more of a chance to go on a winning run than we do. Pistons got lucky that the Hawks were coming off a tough game yesterday, and no Trae Young or Hunter. Anyone who thinks the Pistons will keep beating winning teams is overreacting!
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,773

Post#64 » by Snakebites » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:52 am

NYPiston wrote:
Snakebites wrote:It’s time to just lower our expectations for our lotto odds.

We’re going to win games we shouldn’t and other teams aren’t. Plain and simple.

This seemed pretty obvious after the deadline. The Pistons had lost a lot of close games and were bound to win a few and the Magic and Thunder nuked their rosters. They've been destined for 5.

I'd be thrilled with 5 at this point frankly.

Cleveland is just about out of winnable games and this win today was a huge blow for us. They lost to Toronto today.
NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,121

Post#65 » by NYPiston » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:56 am

Snakebites wrote:I'd be thrilled with 5 at this point frankly.

Cleveland is just about out of winnable games and this win today was a huge blow for us. They lost to Toronto today.

They'll win 2-3 games. I'm not too concerned. Next game is an auto win for them.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,349

Post#66 » by buzzkilloton » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:59 am

flow wrote:Hayes has a long way to go. He better get his game together this off-season.

Hes made some good passes, shown some nice vision, but he also has alot of turnovers. I think hes looked pretty good on defense but OTOH hes sitting back2backs and coming off the bench so he hasnt gotten run vs the elite NBA pgs that will really test you since being back from injury.

As far as offense yeah hes got a long ways to go. He doesnt get to the line and hes shooting awful. Hes going to have to improve alot here as right now hes no where near where he needs to be.

I've seen some people compare him to a possible Ricky Rubio type player. Rubio is solid if he had a 3pter he would be very good. Hopefully he improves alot in the offseason. Seems like none of our rookies have improved in their 2nd years in a long while.
foolinc
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#67 » by foolinc » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:47 am

buzzkilloton wrote:
flow wrote:Hayes has a long way to go. He better get his game together this off-season.

Hes made some good passes, shown some nice vision, but he also has alot of turnovers. I think hes looked pretty good on defense but OTOH hes sitting back2backs and coming off the bench so he hasnt gotten run vs the elite NBA pgs that will really test you since being back from injury.

As far as offense yeah hes got a long ways to go. He doesnt get to the line and hes shooting awful. Hes going to have to improve alot here as right now hes no where near where he needs to be.

I've seen some people compare him to a possible Ricky Rubio type player. Rubio is solid if he had a 3pter he would be very good. Hopefully he improves alot in the offseason. Seems like none of our rookies have improved in their 2nd years in a long while.

I feel like Hayes’ turnover issues are as much to do with the other players not being able to see the court like Hayes does as it is Hayes being a rookie and adjusting to the NBA. I agree that I hope we continue to see improvement from the rookies (and 19 year old Sekou) in the offseason.

Hope there is a summer league because the Pistons could really use the extra reps.
FloridaMan78
Sixth Man
And1: 604

Post#68 » by FloridaMan78 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:57 am

foolinc wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

I feel like Hayes’ turnover issues are as much to do with the other players not being able to see the court like Hayes does as it is Hayes being a rookie and adjusting to the NBA. I agree that I hope we continue to see improvement from the rookies (and 19 year old Sekou) in the offseason.

Hope there is a summer league because the Pistons could really use the extra reps.

Today Hayes was absolutely forcing passes that weren't there to Stewart, he should have shot a floater 3 separate times. 2 other times he threw lazy passes. Totally on him. He's gotta tighten up his mental mistakes and he needs to take what the defense gives him and make his floater or 15 footer.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#69 » by DBC10 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:28 am

DNice68 wrote::cry:
Manocad wrote:
DNice68 wrote:I don’t feel Weaver really wants Cunningham, Mobley, or Suggs that bad. I think he wants Green or Kuminga the most.

Based on...?

They fit the Weaver profile, Super athletic wings who can play on the perimeter, with defensive potential.

Green isn't a bad consolation prize at all. Just gotta hope he doesn't turn into Wiggins/Jeff Green/Harrison Barnes 2.0 but rather more into Butler instead. Sadly the SG spot is basically a forgotten position due to them more or less just being 3 and D placeholders in the modern NBA and the rise of do it all PG's.

Better hope Cade doesn't excel and turns into a Luka-Curry hybrid in this league or the lotto balls fall in our favor regardless of our 4th or 5th place finish
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#70 » by Manocad » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:53 pm

Manocad wrote:

Based on...?

I don't think there's a GM in this league that would say they wouldn't want Cade if they knew he'd be available.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,722

Post#71 » by zeebneeb » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:20 pm

Manocad wrote:
Manocad wrote:Based on...?

I don't think there's a GM in this league that would say they wouldn't want Cade if they knew he'd be available.
People need to realize that if, by some bizarre happenstance the Pistons land the #1 pick, Weaver is taking Cade. He is the concensus #1 pick, plain and simple. The ONLY thing that may happen is if the Pistons land at 1, and OKC lands at 2 and Weaver is okay with Green/Mobley/Suggs and makes a deal to trade with them for additional 1st round picks. That's something I would be just fine with, as long as its not an idiot trade out of the top 3 with that pick.

All that said, I don't expect the Pistons to be in any position such as the one I described, so it's moot anyway.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#72 » by Manocad » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:46 pm

zeebneeb wrote:
Manocad wrote:

People need to realize that if, by some bizarre happenstance the Pistons land the #1 pick, Weaver is taking Cade. He is the concensus #1 pick, plain and simple. The ONLY thing that may happen is if the Pistons land at 1, and OKC lands at 2 and Weaver is okay with Green/Mobley/Suggs and makes a deal to trade with them for additional 1st round picks. That's something I would be just fine with, as long as its not an idiot trade out of the top 3 with that pick.

All that said, I don't expect the Pistons to be in any position such as the one I described, so it's moot anyway.

Yeah, I was sorta chasing down what appeared to be a subtle implication that Weaver and Casey weren’t fully on board with tanking because Weaver didn’t want Cade anyway.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#73 » by DetroitSho » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:11 am

Manocad wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:
Manocad wrote:I don't think there's a GM in this league that would say they wouldn't want Cade if they knew he'd be available.

Yeah, I was sorta chasing down what appeared to be a subtle implication that Weaver and Casey weren’t fully on board with tanking because Weaver didn’t want Cade anyway.
I'm over the, "Weaver's type is long athletic guys" comment. Long, athletic guys is the NBA' s type, not just Weavers. But nobody's going to take a lesser player because of a perceived preferred type.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Manocad
RealGM

Post#74 » by Manocad » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:13 pm

DetroitSho wrote:
Manocad wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:People need to realize that if, by some bizarre happenstance the Pistons land the #1 pick, Weaver is taking Cade. He is the concensus #1 pick, plain and simple. The ONLY thing that may happen is if the Pistons land at 1, and OKC lands at 2 and Weaver is okay with Green/Mobley/Suggs and makes a deal to trade with them for additional 1st round picks. That's something I would be just fine with, as long as its not an idiot trade out of the top 3 with that pick.

I'm over the, "Weaver's type is long athletic guys" comment. Long, athletic guys is the NBA' s type, not just Weavers. But nobody's going to take a lesser player because of a perceived preferred type.

You mean there aren't GM's who like short, unathletic players? :lol:
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#75 » by DetroitSho » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:59 pm

Manocad wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
Manocad wrote:Yeah, I was sorta chasing down what appeared to be a subtle implication that Weaver and Casey weren’t fully on board with tanking because Weaver didn’t want Cade anyway.

You mean there aren't GM's who like short, unathletic players?
Apparently 29 do because Weaver has the monopoly on long athletic ones.

Return to Detroit Pistons