ImageImageImage

GAME 66 : Hornets @ Pistons 7PM

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

FloridaMan78
Sixth Man
And1: 604

Re: GAME 66 : Hornets @ Pistons 7PM 

Post#121 » by FloridaMan78 » Thu May 6, 2021 1:34 am

I may have different opinions on this but jeez lol. Talking about my paycheck, what you wanna break out our taxes to see who makes more lol. So everyone gang up against me because I think Hayes should come off the bench like he has been when Cojo was starting? Yes Cojo, who has completely out played Hayes this year. There’s some fuel to the fire.

I don’t even think Hayes is as bad as others have been dogging him. I just disagree with you guys with where we are as a franchise. I’m very optimistic with where the team is at. I agree with Grant’s media speak. I think we are close, it’s just our record doesn’t show it.

I think just because Hayes isn’t starting doesn’t mean he won’t positively effect games. I just think he’d be an inconsistent starter. Which to me, if you’re trying to win every game you can, means he should be on the bench.

As far as the cap space, the way it’s set up, we should make a big splash in 2022. Because the following year Grant will need to be resigned and we’ll be over the cap. You can disagree and say Grant sucks, but fiscally it makes sense to have the big splash before then so you can go over the cap to resign him.

Again if you think we are more than 3 years from competing then I can see where you would disagree. I just think we are closer than that. I also think in order to take advantage of 3 rookie contract contributors, 2022 free agency is the year to make the big splash. Again it’s ok to disagree.

I’ve literally watched ever single play this season, haven’t missed a single game. This is my view how this team has been playing. Excuse me for being optimistic. I love the Detroit Pistons, have since 1986. I’m just excited to see them back to playing some good basketball.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#122 » by Manocad » Thu May 6, 2021 1:49 am

FloridaMan78 wrote:I love the Detroit Pistons, have since 1986.

*siren*

(some people will get this, I'm sure)
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#123 » by chrbal » Thu May 6, 2021 2:00 am

FloridaMan78 wrote:.

I’ve literally watched ever single play this season, haven’t missed a single game.

This is just impressive dedication and/or lots of free time
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#124 » by 440BB » Thu May 6, 2021 2:23 am

Although I see 2022 as a transition/development year, there is a real possibility that without burning up salary cap and simply retaining most of the young roster, the Pistons become a fairly successful team next season. Should more players advance than regress, combined with a top pick and a cheap free agent backup point guard, they can be pretty good. They may play themselves out of the lottery.

I still see 2023 as the year they reach for the playoffs. With plenty of cap space and Grant and Plumlee as expiring contracts, big moves can be made to complement the young core.

Weaver's eye for talent has made the near future look rosier but chasing the playoffs next year seems premature to me.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,672

Post#125 » by Invictus88 » Thu May 6, 2021 2:28 am

FloridaMan78 wrote:I may have different opinions on this but jeez lol. Talking about my paycheck, what you wanna break out our taxes to see who makes more lol. So everyone gang up against me because I think Hayes should come off the bench like he has been when Cojo was starting? Yes Cojo, who has completely out played Hayes this year. There’s some fuel to the fire.

I don’t even think Hayes is as bad as others have been dogging him. I just disagree with you guys with where we are as a franchise. I’m very optimistic with where the team is at. I agree with Grant’s media speak. I think we are close, it’s just our record doesn’t show it.

I think just because Hayes isn’t starting doesn’t mean he won’t positively effect games. I just think he’d be an inconsistent starter. Which to me, if you’re trying to win every game you can, means he should be on the bench.

As far as the cap space, the way it’s set up, we should make a big splash in 2022. Because the following year Grant will need to be resigned and we’ll be over the cap. You can disagree and say Grant sucks, but fiscally it makes sense to have the big splash before then so you can go over the cap to resign him.

Again if you think we are more than 3 years from competing then I can see where you would disagree. I just think we are closer than that. I also think in order to take advantage of 3 rookie contract contributors, 2022 free agency is the year to make the big splash. Again it’s ok to disagree.

I’ve literally watched ever single play this season, haven’t missed a single game. This is my view how this team has been playing. Excuse me for being optimistic. I love the Detroit Pistons, have since 1986. I’m just excited to see them back to playing some good basketball.

I made a joke that since you're so willing to blow through all of the Pistons newly acquired cap space that maybe you did the same with your own weekly paycheck. I'm sorry that you weren't able to comprehend that.

Nobody is ganging up on you. You just happen to be stating an opinion that literally everyone else disagrees with. A reasonable course of action when facing such opposition might be to stop and think "hey, if I'm literally the only one with this train of thought then maybe I'm off track and should reevaluate". Or you can continue to think that the world is just against you. I'm sure that serves you well.

There's really no need to restate why Hayes' current level of performance is acceptable. You obviously ignored the reasoning posted by everyone else here.

We literally stripped the cupboards bare, are playong nothing but rookies and have the 2nd worst record in the league. Of course the next logical step from that is thinking playoffs... oh wait... :crazy:
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#126 » by DetroitSho » Thu May 6, 2021 2:33 am

Manocad wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:I love the Detroit Pistons, have since 1986.

*siren*

(some people will get this, I'm sure)
I've always had a suspicion you were Valenti himself. This confirms it for me.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
FloridaMan78
Sixth Man

Post#127 » by FloridaMan78 » Thu May 6, 2021 3:03 am

Invictus88 wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:I may have different opinions on this but jeez lol. Talking about my paycheck, what you wanna break out our taxes to see who makes more lol. So everyone gang up against me because I think Hayes should come off the bench like he has been when Cojo was starting? Yes Cojo, who has completely out played Hayes this year. There’s some fuel to the fire.

I made a joke that since you're so willing to blow through all of the Pistons newly acquired cap space that maybe you did the same with your own weekly paycheck. I'm sorry that you weren't able to comprehend that.

Nobody is ganging up on you. You just happen to be stating an opinion that literally everyone else disagrees with. A reasonable course of action when facing such opposition might be to stop and think "hey, if I'm literally the only one with this train of thought then maybe I'm off track and should reevaluate". Or you can continue to think that the world is just against you. I'm sure that serves you well.

There's really no need to restate why Hayes' current level of performance is acceptable. You obviously ignored the reasoning posted by everyone else here.

We literally stripped the cupboards bare, are playong nothing but rookies and have the 2nd worst record in the league. Of course the next logical step from that is thinking playoffs... oh wait... :crazy:

I stated my opinions and it’s ok to disagree with them. I get it, it’s the internet and personal attacks are normal, no problem. Pretty much you want me to shut up and agree with you and that’s not gonna happen. You can call me crazy all you want, I think the Pistons will be fighting for the playoffs next year. No need to reevaluate.
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#128 » by jakebernat » Thu May 6, 2021 3:24 am

why can’t weeee be friends
Manocad
RealGM

Post#129 » by Manocad » Thu May 6, 2021 10:08 am

jakebernat wrote:why can’t weeee be friends

Some of us actually are.
NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,084

Post#130 » by NYPiston » Thu May 6, 2021 2:21 pm

Casey should be fired if he starts Cory Joseph over their top 10 pick entering his 2nd season in a development year.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,637

Post#131 » by zeebneeb » Thu May 6, 2021 3:09 pm

Manocad wrote:
jakebernat wrote:why can’t weeee be friends

Some of us actually are.
You shut your whore mouth.

Enemies for life yo.
Invictus88
Analyst

Post#132 » by Invictus88 » Thu May 6, 2021 3:37 pm

FloridaMan78 wrote:
Invictus88 wrote:

I stated my opinions and it’s ok to disagree with them. I get it, it’s the internet and personal attacks are normal, no problem. Pretty much you want me to shut up and agree with you and that’s not gonna happen. You can call me crazy all you want, I think the Pistons will be fighting for the playoffs next year. No need to reevaluate.

I was definitely feeling salty yesterday. I won't ever understand the choice to continuously defend a position despite overwhelming evidence/ reasoning to the contrary without at least considering it. But I give you props for at least doing so in a repectful manner. I'll try to remember this and improve for next time.
FloridaMan78
Sixth Man

Post#133 » by FloridaMan78 » Thu May 6, 2021 4:40 pm

Invictus88 wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:
Invictus88 wrote:

I was definitely feeling salty yesterday. I won't ever understand the choice to continuously defend a position despite overwhelming evidence/ reasoning to the contrary without at least considering it. But I give you props for at least doing so in a repectful manner. I'll try to remember this and improve for next time.

Yea I was a bit heated myself. I’m a die hard fan. I’ll tone down my hot takes down in the future.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#134 » by vege » Thu May 6, 2021 5:42 pm

Invictus88 wrote:I won't ever understand the choice to continuously defend a position despite overwhelming evidence/ reasoning to the contrary without at least considering it.

This is so bad.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#135 » by vege » Thu May 6, 2021 5:44 pm

FloridaMan78 wrote:I’ll tone down my hot takes down in the future.

Why? You didn't offend anyone, you just stated your opinion, people need to learn to respect that. You're not the one who need to change.
FloridaMan78
Sixth Man

Post#136 » by FloridaMan78 » Thu May 6, 2021 5:51 pm

vege wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:I’ll tone down my hot takes down in the future.

Why? You didn't offend anyone, you just stated your opinion, people need to learn to respect that. You're not the one who need to change.

In the end I hope that we’re all Piston fans and just want our Pistons to do well. I can understand if one feels passionate about that.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#137 » by chrbal » Thu May 6, 2021 5:53 pm

FloridaMan78 wrote:
Invictus88 wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:

Yea I was a bit heated myself. I’m a die hard fan. I’ll tone down my hot takes down in the future.

People get “upset” over the smallest things, nothing that I saw was bad.
Invictus88
Analyst

Post#138 » by Invictus88 » Thu May 6, 2021 6:01 pm

vege wrote:
Invictus88 wrote:I won't ever understand the choice to continuously defend a position despite overwhelming evidence/ reasoning to the contrary without at least considering it.

This is so bad.

Why is this bad?

I consider the contrary to be absolutely terrible.

If, in the face of overwhelming facts and reasoning to the contrary, you aren't willing to be introspective and at least consider the possibility that your perspective is off kilter then that is seriously, seriously tragic. I'm not suggesting that the outcome is that you end up switching stances. But to completely ignore what others are saying wholesale is just foolish.

The inability to be consistently reevaluating your position when new data or perspectives are presented is a huge problem right now; regardless of what your stance is on things.... (sorry, I won't speak further on this)
Invictus88
Analyst

Post#139 » by Invictus88 » Thu May 6, 2021 6:03 pm

chrbal wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:
Invictus88 wrote:

People get “upset” over the smallest things, nothing that I saw was bad.

Agreed about this. Yesterday I was just salty. I didn't see anything personally offensive coming from you FloridaMan78. I was more frustrated than anything. But I veered more into confrontation than I would have liked regardless.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#140 » by Manocad » Thu May 6, 2021 6:14 pm

Invictus88 wrote:
vege wrote:

This is so bad.

Why is this bad?

I consider the contrary to be absolutely terrible.

If, in the face of overwhelming facts and reasoning to the contrary, you aren't willing to be introspective and at least consider the possibility that your perspective is off kilter then that is seriously, seriously tragic. I'm not suggesting that the outcome is that you end up switching stances. But to completely ignore what others are saying wholesale is just foolish.

The inability to be consistently reevaluating your position when new data or perspectives are presented is a huge problem right now; regardless of what your stance is on things.... (sorry, I won't speak further on this)

Too many big words, bro. This is teh interwebz

Return to Detroit Pistons