Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Re: GAME 69 : Bulls @ Pistons 8PM 

Post#21 » by Manocad » Mon May 10, 2021 1:48 am

Just saw this in the Bulls game thread:

mtron32 wrote:
SfBull wrote:Here comes a strong draft and we're winning games of teams that don't care about playing.
We're in a worse situation than 2003 when winning last games got the Bulls picking Hinrich with #7 in that draft.

The beauty is, we won’t pick lower than 4, after that it doesn’t matter. Last few years, tank teams haven’t fared well in this draft so embrace the chaos. We win no matter what

Obviously the only team picking no lower than 4th is Houston, and I'm assuming Chicago doesn't own their pick. Is there something I'm missing?

EDIT: Never mind. I think what he was trying to say was a lower pick as in lower number, i.e. 1, 2 or 3, when most people describe the draft as higher position number = lower pick
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,094

Post#22 » by The Moose » Mon May 10, 2021 1:52 am

Manocad wrote:Just saw this in the Bulls game thread:

mtron32 wrote:
SfBull wrote:Here comes a strong draft and we're winning games of teams that don't care about playing.
We're in a worse situation than 2003 when winning last games got the Bulls picking Hinrich with #7 in that draft.

The beauty is, we won’t pick lower than 4, after that it doesn’t matter. Last few years, tank teams haven’t fared well in this draft so embrace the chaos. We win no matter what

Obviously the only team picking no lower than 4th is Houston, and I'm assuming Chicago doesn't own their pick. Is there something I'm missing?

EDIT: Never mind. I think what he was trying to say was a lower pick as in lower number, i.e. 1, 2 or 3, when most people describe the draft as higher position number = lower pick

also, they only get their pick this year if its in the top 4 otherwise its conveyed to Orlando. So its top 4 or bust for them
Manocad
RealGM

Post#23 » by Manocad » Mon May 10, 2021 2:00 am

The Moose wrote:
Manocad wrote:Just saw this in the Bulls game thread:

mtron32 wrote:The beauty is, we won’t pick lower than 4, after that it doesn’t matter. Last few years, tank teams haven’t fared well in this draft so embrace the chaos. We win no matter what

also, they only get their pick this year if its in the top 4 otherwise its conveyed to Orlando. So its top 4 or bust for them

Ok, that makes sense now. His post was just worded poorly.
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,484

Post#24 » by whitehops » Mon May 10, 2021 2:01 am

Manocad wrote:Obviously the only team picking no lower than 4th is Houston, and I'm assuming Chicago doesn't own their pick. Is there something I'm missing?

houston actually has a 47.8% chance of finishing fifth. the thing that sucks for them is that their pick is top 4 protected so they have a 47.8% chance of giving up their pick to the thunder. they'd end up with miami's pick if that happens.

the thunder could finish in the top 4 with their own pick AND get the 5th pick from houston.
guldakot
Rookie
And1: 540

Post#25 » by guldakot » Mon May 10, 2021 2:04 am

Damn KIllian goin at it!
Manocad
RealGM

Post#26 » by Manocad » Mon May 10, 2021 2:05 am

So much for "Hayes doesn't have the ability to score and therefore Weaver clearly needs to have a Plan B in place for next year." The kid absolutely does have the ability to score.
guldakot
Rookie

Post#27 » by guldakot » Mon May 10, 2021 2:06 am

Manocad wrote:So much for "Hayes doesn't have the ability to score and therefore Weaver clearly needs to have a Plan B in place for next year." The kid absolutely does have the ability to score.

He looks like hes finally playing loose out there, getting some turnovers as a result but its opening up his game.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#28 » by Manocad » Mon May 10, 2021 2:06 am

whitehops wrote:
Manocad wrote:Obviously the only team picking no lower than 4th is Houston, and I'm assuming Chicago doesn't own their pick. Is there something I'm missing?

houston actually has a 47.8% chance of finishing fifth. the thing that sucks for them is that their pick is top 4 protected so they have a 47.8% chance of giving up their pick to the thunder. they'd end up with miami's pick if that happens.

the thunder could finish in the top 4 with their own pick AND get the 5th pick from houston.

Yeah, I forgot that even the worst record is only guaranteed top 5, not 4
detroitKG
RealGM
And1: 5,509

Post#29 » by detroitKG » Mon May 10, 2021 2:09 am

Mr. 4th Quarter! :wink:
tradez401
Starter
And1: 613

Post#30 » by tradez401 » Mon May 10, 2021 2:09 am

Easily killians best game offensive very nice to see him getting more confident in his jumpshot/floater.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,019

Post#31 » by bstein14 » Mon May 10, 2021 2:11 am

Back to back good 4th quarters for Killian. Sucks we only get to see 3 more games from him this year. Hopefully we get to see him and Saban Lee dominate in summer league with our top 4 pick. Already excited for July to watch the young guys out there.
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#32 » by edmunder_prc » Mon May 10, 2021 2:14 am

whitehops wrote:

Thats how its done. And still people talk about how a team can't tank and play a bunch of youth to lose - for reasons.

Good job Thunder.
guldakot
Rookie

Post#33 » by guldakot » Mon May 10, 2021 2:16 am

All of our rooks are balling tonight, next season is gonna be so damned fun
detroitKG
RealGM
And1: 5,509

Post#34 » by detroitKG » Mon May 10, 2021 2:17 am

8-)

Read on Twitter
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,094

Post#35 » by The Moose » Mon May 10, 2021 2:17 am

edmunder_prc wrote:
whitehops wrote:

Thats how its done. And still people talk about how a team can't tank and play a bunch of youth to lose - for reasons.

Good job Thunder.

you realise we currently still have a worse record than the Thunder?
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#36 » by DetroitSho » Mon May 10, 2021 2:19 am

edmunder_prc wrote:
whitehops wrote:

Good job Thunder.
Imagine having an even worse record than the "proper tankers" while still mixing in vets with younger guys and people still saying OKC's way is THEE way. Fun times.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#37 » by edmunder_prc » Mon May 10, 2021 2:20 am

The Moose wrote:
edmunder_prc wrote:
whitehops wrote:

Good job Thunder.

They were playing well enough to get into the playoffs in the west playing a bunch of youth.

The Pistons sucked even when Casey is playing all vet lineups.

The Thunder rested youth to tank for even better youth. The Pistons played Grant, Plumlee, Ellington, Cojo to win meaningless games.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#38 » by DetroitSho » Mon May 10, 2021 2:20 am

The Moose wrote:
edmunder_prc wrote:
whitehops wrote:

Good job Thunder.

Nope, cognitive dissonance won't allow it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
tradez401
Starter
And1: 613

Post#39 » by tradez401 » Mon May 10, 2021 2:21 am

detroitKG wrote:8-)

Read on Twitter

Troy Weaver hit on all our draft picks its crazy to see.
NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,028

Post#40 » by NYPiston » Mon May 10, 2021 2:25 am

edmunder_prc wrote:
They were playing well enough to get into the playoffs in the west playing a bunch of youth.

The Pistons sucked even when Casey is playing all vet lineups.

The Thunder rested youth to tank for even better youth. The Pistons played Grant, Plumlee, Ellington, Cojo to win meaningless games.

The vets have played hardly at all down the stretch. I'm not sure I get the beef here.
Admittedly, I wasn't a fan of CoJo and Ellington going off agaisnt Memphis (and that Memphis win made things tighter than they should have been) but they only played because of injury/illness and the Pistons had to field a roster.

In any event, 3 more games of this with the youth playing well in a loss and they'll be in good shape headed into the offseason.

Return to Detroit Pistons