ImageImageImage

Trade with Orlando

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Shooter1
Pro Prospect
And1: 67

Trade with Orlando 

Post#1 » by Shooter1 » Wed May 12, 2021 12:48 am

Orlando currently has the 5th and 8th pick of the draft. When would you consider trading our pick for both?

1st- for 5-8??
2nd for 5-8??
3rd for 5-8???
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,119

Re: Trade with Orlando 

Post#2 » by The Moose » Wed May 12, 2021 12:52 am

I wouldn’t trade out of the top 4

If we ended up at 5 or 6 , I would do either of those for the 2 picks but that’s it
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,104

Post#3 » by Kilo » Wed May 12, 2021 1:28 am

I'd probably trade #3 for 5&8 but not trading Cunningham or Mobley. Though one of the beats (JREIII?) think Green would be #2 if Pistons landed there.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 3,998

Post#4 » by BDM22 » Wed May 12, 2021 1:36 am

Wouldn't trade out of our chances at Cade, Mobley, or Green. Borderline on Suggs.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#5 » by tmorgan » Wed May 12, 2021 1:42 am

Definitely not. 4 man draft, 5 if you have a lot of patience for Kuminga.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,349

Post#6 » by buzzkilloton » Wed May 12, 2021 2:16 am

We should be superstar hunting this draft. We just added alot of youthful depth last season in Hayes/Bey/Stewert. We need to land some young guys who're max contract worthy top 10 NBA players or we end up back as a treadmill team in a few seasons. The most sure thing bets to be superstars are Cade in tier one followed by Mobley/Suggs/Green. Kuminga is going to be absurdly boom or bust and the rest of the draft the prospects are flawed its just not worth giving up the sure thing even if its 4 for 5 and 8 with how this draft is set up.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#7 » by Manocad » Wed May 12, 2021 2:17 am

NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,121

Post#8 » by NYPiston » Wed May 12, 2021 2:24 am

If the Pistons end up in the top 4, there's no reason to trade out unless they were getting a future 1st from a really bad team or something like that.

As has been mentioned, the Pistons just need to take the player with star potential. They have enough good complimentary players and they have a bunch of 2nds to stock the cupboard so don't overthink it, just take whoever falls to them at 3 or 4.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,045

Post#9 » by bstein14 » Wed May 12, 2021 3:27 am

4 or 5 and 8 most years would be a no brainer to do. That's a lot to get to move back one spot. This year its a little bit harder because its seemingly a 4 player draft. There are four guys at the top that look like they are going to be 20+ PPG scorers and at worst borderline all-stars. And then a drop off to a guy that has potential but it going to be a bit more of a project. You'd better really love whoever is going to be there at #8 to take that kind of step back. Unless someone else between now and then, climbs up the draft board and into the top 4... which is certainly possible but not really expected or likely at the moment.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,721

Post#10 » by zeebneeb » Wed May 12, 2021 4:07 am

#4 I think about it. Top 3? Gonna need next year's pick in that package no protections.
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,325

Post#11 » by Mr Peanut » Wed May 12, 2021 9:56 am

As others have said, would only trade #4 or below. And unless Orlando absolutely adored someone available at #4 they're not giving us the 8th pick just to move up one spot.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#12 » by Pharaoh » Wed May 12, 2021 10:34 am

Honestly depends on the players available at 5 & 8.

I've spent very little time looking at prospects outside the universal top 5 + Barnes.

If we landed at #4 and the top 3 are Cade, Green & Suggs would I trade Mobley for Kuminga and Barnes?

Yeah I would:

Stewart - Sekou - Plumlee
Grant - Barnes
Bey - Kuminga
Hayes - Jacksons & Diallo
Lee - (Hayes)

That puts us in a great position for the 2022 Draft AND we'd go into 2022 Free Agency looking for a guard since we're so stacked on the wings (plus the 2022 Draft is loaded with bigs).

But if Suggs or Green fell to 4? If Barnes wasn't available at 8?

Way too early to be thinking about trading back though

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Post#13 » by flow » Wed May 12, 2021 11:37 am

Mr Peanut wrote:And unless Orlando absolutely adored someone available at #4 they're not giving us the 8th pick just to move up one spot.

Right. Remember, they traded away what talent they had at the deadline. They need bodies. They're probably content with 5 & 8.

Manocad
RealGM

Post#14 » by Manocad » Wed May 12, 2021 1:15 pm

NYPiston wrote:If the Pistons end up in the top 4, there's no reason to trade out unless they were getting a future 1st from a really bad team or something like that.

As has been mentioned, the Pistons just need to take the player with star potential. They have enough good complimentary players and they have a bunch of 2nds to stock the cupboard so don't overthink it, just take whoever falls to them at 3 or 4.

That's where I'm at and I think it's a no-brainer, quite frankly.
JohnReese
Senior
And1: 270

Post#15 » by JohnReese » Wed May 12, 2021 2:35 pm

It is good to remember Tatum case but think about Doncic before considering trading down such a good idea.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,071

Post#16 » by Laimbeer » Wed May 12, 2021 3:09 pm

A better question might be - would you trade #2 for for #4 and #8.

That's where they sit right now and is a tougher call.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#17 » by Manocad » Wed May 12, 2021 3:20 pm

Laimbeer wrote:A better question might be - would you trade #2 for for #4 and #8.

I wouldn't because I'm not as high on Mobley as others are. I don't like skinny bigs and Mobley doesn't have a frame that indicates he could easily put on 30-40 lbs. Of the top four I think he has the biggest bust potential, i.e. doesn't turn out being worthy of his draft position. Now, if I were someone ranking Suggs, Green and Mobley as being equal, I'd absolutely do that. It's a no-brainer at that point.

Of course if that were a real scenario and the Pistons did it, Houston would likely take someone other than Cade at #1. That would be the Pistons' luck. :lol:
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,721

Post#18 » by zeebneeb » Wed May 12, 2021 3:47 pm

Manocad wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:A better question might be - would you trade #2 for for #4 and #8.

I wouldn't because I'm not as high on Mobley as others are. I don't like skinny bigs and Mobley doesn't have a frame that indicates he could easily put on 30-40 lbs. Of the top four I think he has the biggest bust potential, i.e. doesn't turn out being worthy of his draft position. Now, if I were someone ranking Suggs, Green and Mobley as being equal, I'd absolutely do that. It's a no-brainer at that point.

Of course if that were a real scenario and the Pistons did it, Houston would likely take someone other than Cade at #1. That would be the Pistons' luck. :lol:
If you KNEW that Green would be there at #4 would you trade for 4 and 8? I would in a heartbeat. Cade is gone at #1. He's the "prize" of this draft, so #2 is a choice of 3. If Orlando really wants Suggs, and #3 wants Mobley, then I think that is also a no brainer.

Problem with that of course is that if things go sideways, your stuck with Suggs or Mobley.
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#19 » by 440BB » Wed May 12, 2021 4:26 pm

I'm counting on Weaver taking advantage of questionable/bonehead moves by other teams, not making any ourselves. As things stand today I wouldn't consider that trade.

That said, Weaver may have the inside scoop on an otherwise invisible future HOF player that could create a very different outcome. He's a bit of a wild card, so I wouldn't rule anything out.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
Manocad
RealGM

Post#20 » by Manocad » Wed May 12, 2021 4:35 pm

zeebneeb wrote:
Manocad wrote:

If you KNEW that Green would be there at #4 would you trade for 4 and 8? I would in a heartbeat. Cade is gone at #1. He's the "prize" of this draft, so #2 is a choice of 3. If Orlando really wants Suggs, and #3 wants Mobley, then I think that is also a no brainer.

Problem with that of course is that if things go sideways, your stuck with Suggs or Mobley.

Yes. I don't think there's any doubt that Houston will take Cade. There's just no logical reason not too. And since I'm leaning toward Green over Suggs anyway, hell yes I'd take that deal if I knew Green would be there at #4. I'd walk away with Green and Davion Mitchell, get ready for the second round, and feel pretty damn good about life.

Return to Detroit Pistons