Potential trades

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Re: Potential trades 

Post#461 » by Manocad » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:10 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
Sort wrote:OKC would have to offer SVG and number three, not number four.

It would take alot more picks then that for us too take back SVG 8-)

Yeah, like the NFL awarding the Pistons the Stanley Cup before the season even starts.
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#462 » by 440BB » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:45 pm

SVG would have to be signed first in order to be traded. Most likely the Clippers.

SVG + Kennard for Sirvidys + Joseph + Beilein

It's getting desperate in here. Two more days.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#463 » by chrbal » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:16 pm

I want to focus on the spellcheck fail, but I’m more concerned that the “autocorrect” resulted in Stan van gundy
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,766

Post#464 » by theBigLip » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:25 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
chrbal wrote:

I want to focus on the spellcheck fail, but I’m more concerned that the “autocorrect” resulted in Stan van gundy
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,257

Post#465 » by vege » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:52 am

If Cleveland is trying to dump Larry Nance Jr and Cedi Osman to control their cap situation after they extend Allen and Sexton, I'd easily guarante CoJo contract and offer CoJo + Josh Jackson + Sekou for both.

They're entering their primes at 26 and 28 yo and they have 2 year contracts. We would have cap space 1 year later but we would have a much more competent team around Cade to help him to develop

Plumlee / Stewart
Grant / Nance
Bey / Osman
Diallo / F.Jackson
Cade / Hayes / S.Lee
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#466 » by Pharaoh » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:30 am

vege wrote:If Cleveland is trying to dump Larry Nance Jr and Cedi Osman to control their cap situation after they extend Allen and Sexton, I'd easily guarante CoJo contract and offer CoJo + Josh Jackson + Sekou for both.

They're entering their primes at 26 and 28 yo and they have 2 year contracts. We would have cap space 1 year later but we would have a much more competent team around Cade to help him to develop

Plumlee / Stewart
Grant / Nance
Bey / Osman
Diallo / F.Jackson
Cade / Hayes / S.Lee

Cavs aren't throwing Nance away as he's a really valuable piece for them.

There are numerous stories out there that the Cavs want to win now - not sure how true they are but your deal goes against those rumours in a major way.

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app
LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 564

Post#467 » by LaSheed » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:42 pm

Looking at free agency my wish list for bigs would be Ibaka, Olynyk, Portis, Millsap.

Markannen to an extent but looking for a big that can fill Pf/C.

As far as guards/scorers Graham, Monk, Nunn. Think all 3 would be good players for first off the bench in for Hayes/Cade.
LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 564

Post#468 » by LaSheed » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:46 pm

So I guess my wish list lineup would be:

Hayes/Jackson/Lee/Vet
Cade/Graham
Bey/Diallo/Syrvidis
Grant/Ibaka/Sekou
Plumlee/Stewart/Okafor /Rookie

Idk where the money came from but make it happen Troy!!!
FloridaMan78
Sixth Man
And1: 604

Post#469 » by FloridaMan78 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:40 pm

LaSheed wrote:So I guess my wish list lineup would be:

Hayes/Jackson/Lee/Vet
Cade/Graham
Bey/Diallo/Syrvidis
Grant/Ibaka/Sekou
Plumlee/Stewart/Okafor /Rookie

Idk where the money came from but make it happen Troy!!!

Yea we’re capped out as of now so we’d have the mid level exception. If we waive Mcgruder and CoJo we’d be under the cap by around 10 mil which is mid level money anyways. So either way 10 mil is about it. We’d have to make a trade, and I don’t think the demand for CoJo or Mcgruder is very high.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#470 » by chrbal » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:26 am

vege wrote:If Cleveland is trying to dump Larry Nance Jr and Cedi Osman to control their cap situation after they extend Allen and Sexton, I'd easily guarante CoJo contract and offer CoJo + Josh Jackson + Sekou for both.

Plumlee / Stewart
Grant / Nance
Bey / Osman
Diallo / F.Jackson
Cade / Hayes / S.Lee

I can’t see them trading Nance, but it’s not going to be a dump off. I’m not blown away by Cedi, but I really don’t mind it. He’s got a 3 year that goes from $8,050,000 down to $6,650,000. Even though honestly he’s a very meh player. It’s more that we could probably buy low on him and his contract gets slightly lower each season.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#471 » by Pharaoh » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:48 am

There's discussion on the trade board whether the dude responsible for the report of Nance and Cedi being dumped has any credibility - Idk so staying clear.

From a basketball standpoint the Cavs were a much better team with Nance in the line up and fell apart once he got hurt.

Hard to believe they want to "win" while simultaneously dumping Nance for nothing

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app
A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 735

Post#472 » by A_dub06 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:15 am

theBigLip wrote:I'm much more into trading Grant than our #1. And pick outside the top 3 and the odds of them being an AllStar start going down. So if we get SGA and #6, then is SGA our AllStar? And #6 becomes a bit more iffy. let's keep Cade and see if we can do something w Grant. If the Beal thing doesn't happen w GSW, it seems like a Grant for Wiggens/Wiseman or Wiggens/#7 seem plausible.

Exactly. Keep our high pick and look to increase our ceiling. Grant has been decent as a sort of leader and setting the standard for the younger guys but we still don’t have enough potential, we need more guys with higher ceilings that can become something. As long as the players that are drafted have the right mind set and work ethic there won’t be an issue with chemistry or leadership, in the past we have drafted players that were either just bad players or didn’t have the right mind set. Drummond still had all the talent in the world but due to being a mental midget and poor mind set he can’t capitalise on those skills.

I’m not as high on Cade as most so I’d be willing to trade the pick hit if what Mobley or Green plus another really good asset and another minor asset. If Houston are chomping at the bit for Cade I’d do #1 & filler for #2 (would take Mobley), KPJ & #23. Don’t think Houston does it but I love the ceiling of that team, and also I’ve heard negative things surrounding Mobley’s focus and KPJ had some issues which is why Cleveland cut him in the first place.

Return to Detroit Pistons