ImageImageImage

Your 2022 NBA Draft Prospect

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Southern Piston
Senior
And1: 95

Re: Your 2022 NBA Draft Prospect 

Post#2581 » by Southern Piston » Sat May 21, 2022 3:36 pm

I’d rather use that 7# to get Jalen Duran, I’m also interested in Point Forward Nikola Jovic, but 8 is too high for him. I’m hoping we can find a way to snag him with one of charlottes picks.
vic
Veteran
And1: 1,044

Post#2582 » by vic » Sat May 21, 2022 5:05 pm

I was kind of low on Murray but after reading about his story I'm totally comfortable with taking him based strictly on his mindset and mental maturity.

Anybody that can play golf is going to have a higher ability to focus. Especially after reading Mike Schmitz compare his mindset to Duncan and Kawhi, I'm totally comfortable with him even at his age. Hes going to be a lights out shooter at the 4, a better rebounder than Jerami, and hes going to get a lot of buckets without isolation possesions.

My only issue is if we take him at 4 are we prepared to play hardball and refuse to trade Grant for less than 7.

Or do we take Ivey/Sharpe at 5 and then try to get Eason at 7.

If we go Sharpe/Ivey and Eason, that's extra turnovers but that's also a lot of dunks, steals, excitement, butts in seats, national exposure.

If you go Murray and Mathurun/Dyson... you get less turnovers, more mature mental mindsets, and guaranteed, nonstreaky outside shooting.

Sharpe/Ivey & Eason = Team Mustang
Murray & Dyson/Mathurin =Team BMW.

I'm actually good either way as long as we get pick #7
You need 2-way wings, 2-way shooting bigs, and you can't allow low iq players on the court. Assist/turnover ratio is crucial. Shooting point guards are icing on the cake IF they are plus defenders.
Weaver & Casey, govern yourselves accordingly!
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Post#2583 » by flow » Sat May 21, 2022 5:06 pm

440BB wrote:I think Weaver is looking at the person as closely as the talent. The right attitude and drive should show up in his draft choices based on the past. I don't want to see any player on this roster with a questionable motor, regardless of talent.

Still recovering from the Drummond Syndrome.

Drummond lacked both. Motor & talent.

But yes, a high motor would be nice.
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#2584 » by edmunder_prc » Sat May 21, 2022 5:58 pm

flow wrote:
440BB wrote:I think Weaver is looking at the person as closely as the talent. The right attitude and drive should show up in his draft choices based on the past. I don't want to see any player on this roster with a questionable motor, regardless of talent.

Still recovering from the Drummond Syndrome.

Drummond lacked both. Motor & talent.

But yes, a high motor would be nice.

Look at Hayes - he was terrified of playing almost the whole first year. I dont think Weaver picks based on attitude, or he didnt with that pick. Haliburton has some mean dog in him and was a great college player, but he picked a pretty soft prospect Euro instead. I dont exactly question Hayes motor, but he is afraid of the basket most of time, afraid of contact, etc. That has to be part of their attitude towards the game.
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#2585 » by edmunder_prc » Sat May 21, 2022 6:06 pm

Looking at Portland, honestly their team is pretty bad.

Adding Grant for 7, that doesnt take them anywhere except a bubble playoff team.

I think they trade Dame, get more picks, take BPA at 7 plus whatever Dame gets them and move forward with Simmons as their lead guy, plus 7 plus maybe 4.

Would the Kings trade 4 and contracts for Dame?

Would the Hornets trade Hayward plus 13 & 15 for Dame? Does Dame/Lamello take them to a Bulls type team that could get to the ECF if everything worked right?

Dame for 8th from Pelicans - they need a PG bad. Pelicans trade 8th, future 1st, plus contracts? Would be hilarious to get CJ and Dame together, on the **** Pelicans HAHAH!

But that would be a sick team with Dame, CJ, Ingram, Zion, Jonas with Herb Jones, Nance JR coming off the bench.

Edit

Dame is 32 - so scratch most of this. Portland is screwed. They need to tear it all down and arent going to get much for Dame. :lol:
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#2586 » by Manocad » Sat May 21, 2022 8:18 pm

breezypeezy wrote:
Manocad wrote:Well, clearly Shaedon's not a rocket scientist; those were about as leading as questions could get. And not that he needs to be as long as he understands the game and can put the ball in the hoop. But for me personally it doesn't exactly endear me further.

Eh I'm kind of meh over his interview chops though.
Ever listen to a Iverson or Moses M interview? They definitely proved you don't need to be a rocket scientist to jam a ball through that hoop lol.

For sure. I just like it when you hear an interview and think “Wow, he actually sounds pretty sharp.”
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#2587 » by buzzkilloton » Sun May 22, 2022 12:29 am

New contender? I honestly havent been looking into him much as i didnt think we would be considering him in our pick range. I will have to dig deeper. I'm guessing he doesnt rise all the way to 5 but you never know.

Read on Twitter
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,934

Post#2588 » by tmorgan » Sun May 22, 2022 1:01 am

Love Dyson.
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,119

Post#2589 » by The Moose » Sun May 22, 2022 1:05 am

Yeah Dyson is 6th on my board, I love his game.
Only behind the big 3+ Eason + Sharpe
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#2590 » by Pharaoh » Sun May 22, 2022 1:12 am

The Moose wrote:Yeah Dyson is 6th on my board, I love his game.
Where do you have Ivey & Murray?

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM Forums mobile app
The Moose
General Manager

Post#2591 » by The Moose » Sun May 22, 2022 1:35 am

Pharaoh wrote:
The Moose wrote:Yeah Dyson is 6th on my board, I love his game.
Where do you have Ivey & Murray?

7th and 8th respectively

I could be sold on Ivey much higher in the right situation though
The Moose
General Manager

Post#2592 » by The Moose » Sun May 22, 2022 1:42 am

Read on Twitter
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#2593 » by Pharaoh » Sun May 22, 2022 1:46 am

The Moose wrote:
Read on Twitter
Is that Daniels?

The Moose
General Manager

Post#2594 » by The Moose » Sun May 22, 2022 1:57 am

Pharaoh wrote:
The Moose wrote:
Read on Twitter
Is that Daniels?

yea, although he measured 6'7.5 in shoes
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#2595 » by buzzkilloton » Sun May 22, 2022 2:07 am

Heres Hollinger on him.

9. Dyson Daniels | 6-6 shooting guard | G League Elite

We’re getting into a type here in the late lottery: Guys with poor left-tail outcomes because of their shooting, but enough on the right tail to make them worth pursuing regardless. Daniels isn’t a freak athlete, shot 52.5 percent from the line and 27.3 percent from 3 in the G League and needs an hour and a half to uncork his outside shot.

I’m a big fan anyway. Few players I saw this year were more obviously about the right things than Daniels; even as his teammates with Elite did whatever the hell it was they were doing, he was very consciously trying to play the right way, hit the open man and compete on defense. He guarded every opponent’s best player and was good at it, with size, competitiveness and anticipation for steals. He has a point guard’s handle and is a plus passer. While he isn’t an above-the-rim athlete, he’s able to finish in transition and draw fouls in the lane.

An Australian who is the same age as this year’s one-and-dones, Daniels came away with a statistical projection from his G League season that should be pretty positive: He averaged nearly two assists for every turnover, shot 54.9 percent inside the arc, had an 11.0 percent rebound rate from the guard spot and had high rates of steals and blocks. Some scouts I talked to compare him to Memphis’ Kyle Anderson in terms of an iffy shooter who can impact the game despite not being an elite athlete, but Daniels has more high-end outcomes than that because there is still time for his shot to come around.
The Moose
General Manager

Post#2596 » by The Moose » Sun May 22, 2022 2:41 am

https://www.thestepien.com/2021/11/07/the-development-of-dyson-daniels/

some early background on Dyson

I think he'll be an high feel, elite connective type of player that every team needs
Homelander87
Junior
And1: 71

Post#2597 » by Homelander87 » Sun May 22, 2022 3:39 am

NYPiston wrote:Reading the Kings board on another forum, they seem to be really bullish on Murray and a bit bearish on Ivey. Not surprising considering that they have Fox in the fold already.
I've been back and forth on the two. Murray certainly has a much more polished, better overall game at this point in their career and has that high Basketball IQ that Weaver seems to covet but for a Pistons team that is already lacking athleticism as is, Ivey is more enticing from a needs standpoint but his flaws are really glaring.

Sharpe is the best fit of this group, by far, just based on position and game style. Mathurin is also a good fit and I feel isn't being talked about enough. I think he's a better prospect than Ivey in a lot of respects.

Murray is a pretty explosive player from a leaping standpoint, his lateral quickness is an absolute issue though as well as his midrange game. His size would be elite for the 3 spot thought at 6’8.
bjones521
Pro Prospect
And1: 392

Post#2598 » by bjones521 » Sun May 22, 2022 6:07 am

edmunder_prc wrote:Looking at Portland, honestly their team is pretty bad.

Adding Grant for 7, that doesnt take them anywhere except a bubble playoff team.

I think they trade Dame, get more picks, take BPA at 7 plus whatever Dame gets them and move forward with Simmons as their lead guy, plus 7 plus maybe 4.

Would the Kings trade 4 and contracts for Dame?

Would the Hornets trade Hayward plus 13 & 15 for Dame? Does Dame/Lamello take them to a Bulls type team that could get to the ECF if everything worked right?

Dame for 8th from Pelicans - they need a PG bad. Pelicans trade 8th, future 1st, plus contracts? Would be hilarious to get CJ and Dame together, on the **** Pelicans HAHAH!

But that would be a sick team with Dame, CJ, Ingram, Zion, Jonas with Herb Jones, Nance JR coming off the bench.

Edit

Dame is 32 - so scratch most of this. Portland is screwed. They need to tear it all down and arent going to get much for Dame. :lol:

Portland traded CJ and could have traded Dame but chose not too. Portlands front office is going to retool with Dame and unless Murray is there at 7 for them that pick is as good as gone I think. They have Hart and Simons. None of the players in the mock draft can help them more than Grant could. And I think a team of Dame, Simons, Grant and possibly Ayton and ludort or otto Porter and they could easily be a play in.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#2599 » by mattao313 » Sun May 22, 2022 7:56 am

The Moose wrote:
Read on Twitter

60% at the rim as a 6'7 guy is a red flag if anything.

Sent from my 5087Z using RealGM mobile app
Championships
The Moose
General Manager

Post#2600 » by The Moose » Sun May 22, 2022 8:26 am

mattao313 wrote:
The Moose wrote:
Read on Twitter

60% at the rim as a 6'7 guy is a red flag if anything.

Sent from my 5087Z using RealGM mobile app

its not elite, but its far from a red flag

Return to Detroit Pistons