The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,116

Re: Your 2022 NBA Draft Prospect 

Post#2601 » by The Moose » Sun May 22, 2022 8:27 am

mattao313 wrote:
The Moose wrote:
Read on Twitter

60% at the rim as a 6'7 guy is a red flag if anything.

Sent from my 5087Z using RealGM mobile app

its not elite, but its far from a red flag
vic
Veteran
And1: 1,044

Post#2602 » by vic » Sun May 22, 2022 11:04 am

My realistic board is

Sharpe
Murray
Ivey
Dyson
Eason
Mathurin

As long as we get 1 of the SGs (Sharpe/Ivey/Dyson/Mathurin)
and 1 of the PFs (Murray/Ivey)
I'll be happy.
You need 2-way wings, 2-way shooting bigs, and you can't allow low iq players on the court. Assist/turnover ratio is crucial. Shooting point guards are icing on the cake IF they are plus defenders.
Weaver & Casey, govern yourselves accordingly!
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#2603 » by reanimator » Sun May 22, 2022 3:01 pm

Good to see Dyson Daniels finally getting some love.

My final BB For the #5 pick:

Ivey-Sharpe-Tari Eason-Mark Williams-Dyson Daniels-Bennedict Mathurin-Keegan Murray
Sort
Rookie
And1: 444

Post#2604 » by Sort » Sun May 22, 2022 6:13 pm

You know after reading the Ringer piece and watching Murray scouting reports, it would truly be a solid pick. I'm not buying the argument against him because of his age. Dude was six feet tall and a 145 pounds at age 15. An extra year for development makes a lot of sense as he adjusts and fills in his body. Plus, you have more of a secure bet. Someone like Sharpe, assuming he actually develops, probably won't earn his first contract.

There's also this whole history of NBA success due to playing against talented brothers - in Keegan's case twin. It's just humbling. Whomever gets Murray will not have to worry about growth mindset, something truly important for anyone's development. Basketball families always help.

It still stings Pistons didn't land that the top three and probably will as the years drift by. I'm not completely sold on Holmgren or Paolo but chances are one of those two will be awesome, and Smith feels like the for-sure bet ROY and future All Star, just maybe not a superstar.

But rebounding, screening, cutting, shooting, coachability, and positive mindset go a long way, and for sure, he'll earn every penny of his contract.

I actually don't think the Grant to Portland will actually happen or if it does, it won't be with the seventh pick, but if Pistons pulled that off and got Murray at seven, I would be ecstatic.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,866

Post#2605 » by MotownMadness » Sun May 22, 2022 7:38 pm

Sharpe
Ivey
Murray
Mathurin
ajoyce
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#2606 » by ajoyce » Sun May 22, 2022 8:04 pm

Can someone explain to me why there is so much talk about the Pistons being interested in drafting Keegan Murray? Why would we draft him when he plays the same position as Bey? Can they play together?
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#2607 » by MotownMadness » Sun May 22, 2022 8:21 pm

ajoyce wrote:Can someone explain to me why there is so much talk about the Pistons being interested in drafting Keegan Murray? Why would we draft him when he plays the same position as Bey? Can they play together?

Hes probably more of a modern day 4, good size with versatility and kinda slow. If we draft him then Grant really serves no purpose here.

Hoping we grab one of Ivey or Sharpe though
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,337

Post#2608 » by buzzkilloton » Sun May 22, 2022 8:45 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
ajoyce wrote:Can someone explain to me why there is so much talk about the Pistons being interested in drafting Keegan Murray? Why would we draft him when he plays the same position as Bey? Can they play together?

Hes probably more of a modern day 4, good size with versatility and kinda slow. If we draft him then Grant really serves no purpose here.

Yup he would be a direct Grant replacement.

Grabbing one of Ivey and Sharpe is the way. Ideally there good right away but even if they suck as rookies its going to equal bonus lotto balls. Both have the tools of future all stars but its going to take good coaching and like time to get there.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#2609 » by MotownMadness » Sun May 22, 2022 8:55 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:

Yup he would be a direct Grant replacement.

Grabbing one of Ivey and Sharpe is the way. Ideally there good right away but even if they suck as rookies its going to equal bonus lotto balls. Both have the tools of future all stars but its going to take good coaching and like time to get there.

Yeah once we missed out on the 3 bigs its best to focus on getting Cade a backcourt partner out of the draft at 5.
rmfc
Assistant Coach
And1: 936

Post#2610 » by rmfc » Sun May 22, 2022 9:24 pm

MotownMadness wrote:

For me, the choice for the Pistons is between these two prospects.
Sort
Rookie
And1: 444

Post#2611 » by Sort » Sun May 22, 2022 9:46 pm

I'm all for Ivey. Exactly the kind of athleticism that takes off in the NBA. It's just that I don't imagine he will be there at five. Kings would be stupid to select him at four given their roster, but rosters change, and someone else will be willing to pay for Ivey if the Kings don't select him. I realize the allure of Sharpe, but no competitive ball in a year? Should be playing his freshman year of college? The NBA is such a hard league, and someone that couldn't figure out even how to play competitive basketball for a year?

Not a good sign.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,337

Post#2612 » by buzzkilloton » Sun May 22, 2022 10:30 pm

Sort wrote:I'm all for Ivey. Exactly the kind of athleticism that takes off in the NBA. It's just that I don't imagine he will be there at five. Kings would be stupid to select him at four given their roster, but rosters change, and someone else will be willing to pay for Ivey if the Kings don't select him. I realize the allure of Sharpe, but no competitive ball in a year? Should be playing his freshman year of college? The NBA is such a hard league, and someone that couldn't figure out even how to play competitive basketball for a year?

Not a good sign.

If Sharpe actually played when he was eligible to in January and performed well he wouldnt even be on the board at 5. Think about he hasnt played and hes possibly going 5, if he played well he would be pick #1 most likely. This archetype on a +athlete, this length, with the shooting ability doesnt come around all that often.

Basically what I'm saying is him having no ncaa film is being priced in. Without the film hes somewhere between the 4-7th prospect but if we knew he was productive in college hes prospect 1.

Agree with you I expect Ivey to be gone at 4 either by the kings or trade
Rip32
Rookie
And1: 180

Post#2613 » by Rip32 » Sun May 22, 2022 10:44 pm

Ivey is Dennis Smith Jr. 2.0! Trust me, this guy isn't Ja Morant....Stop with this foolishness

:nod: DETROIT VS EVERYBODY :nod:

I have no love for rogue moderators who abuse their authority
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,883

Post#2614 » by tmorgan » Sun May 22, 2022 11:21 pm

Yeah, I hope Ivey is gone so we’re not tempted. I realize Sharpe likely has even more risk, but I see great things in him.

If we don’t have the balls to take Sharpe, fine. Take Murray or whatever. But no thanks to Ivey.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#2615 » by Pharaoh » Sun May 22, 2022 11:31 pm

Think after the top 3 it goes a little something like this:

Murray is the "safe" pick for anyone.

Ivey has Morant/Westbrook vibes but Sharpe, Daniels and Mathurin could eclipse him there.

The more I see of Mathurin the more I like tbh but there isn't much to watch of Sharpe and Daniels.

All that said I still stick with Murray as I've always picked those kind of players - he's just a better offensive player due to his age.

I do believe we could play Grant, Murray & Bey together for significant minutes too

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM Forums mobile app
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,500

Post#2616 » by whitehops » Sun May 22, 2022 11:40 pm

from the little i've seen of dyson daniels i have to say i like his game.

it might sound bizarre but to date i've only seen him play in the rising stars tourney during all star weekend. what stood out to me was that scoot henderson and marjon beauchamp were mostly invisible, jaden hardy looked bad (sped up, forcing things with ugly results) but daniels looked like he fit in with the best young players in the nba. at this point he doesn't project as a primary or even secondary play maker but i really like his chances at being a good role player in the league.

imo not the kind of player you draft 5th overall but the kind of player you'd love to have after his rookie deal is done.
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,314

Post#2617 » by Moses ShamMoses » Sun May 22, 2022 11:53 pm

I have a feeling Chet could drop a little bit on draft night (red flags with slender frame). It'll require one of sharpe/Ivey jumping into the top 3, and then somebody like Murray (nba ready) being picked by Sacramento. What if the draft played out like this?

1.) Jabari Smith
2.) Paolo Banchero
3.) Shaedon Sharpe
4.) Keegan Murray
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,500

Post#2618 » by whitehops » Mon May 23, 2022 12:01 am

Moses ShamMoses wrote:I have a feeling Chet could drop a little bit on draft night (red flags with slender frame). It'll require one of sharpe/Ivey jumping into the top 3, and then somebody like Murray (nba ready) being picked by Sacramento. What if the draft played out like this?

1.) Jabari Smith
2.) Paolo Banchero
3.) Shaedon Sharpe
4.) Keegan Murray

don't do that to yourself lol, don't even get your hopes up that we end up with chet.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#2619 » by MotownMadness » Mon May 23, 2022 12:21 am

whitehops wrote:from the little i've seen of dyson daniels i have to say i like his game.

it might sound bizarre but to date i've only seen him play in the rising stars tourney during all star weekend. what stood out to me was that scoot henderson and marjon beauchamp were mostly invisible, jaden hardy looked bad (sped up, forcing things with ugly results) but daniels looked like he fit in with the best young players in the nba. at this point he doesn't project as a primary or even secondary play maker but i really like his chances at being a good role player in the league.

imo not the kind of player you draft 5th overall but the kind of player you'd love to have after his rookie deal is done.

Im gonna start watching film on some of those guys in case we get a extra pick. Sounds like Daniels is gaining some buzz.

I remember them playing in the Rising Stars game but dont remember anything from them. I do remember Cade and Daniels making a few plays together though.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#2620 » by Pharaoh » Mon May 23, 2022 12:21 am

whitehops wrote:
Moses ShamMoses wrote:I have a feeling Chet could drop a little bit on draft night (red flags with slender frame). It'll require one of sharpe/Ivey jumping into the top 3, and then somebody like Murray (nba ready) being picked by Sacramento. What if the draft played out like this?

1.) Jabari Smith
2.) Paolo Banchero
3.) Shaedon Sharpe
4.) Keegan Murray

don't do that to yourself lol, don't even get your hopes up that we end up with chet.
I don't want the Draft to play out that way as I'm not 100% sold on Chet on either end of the floor.

For all I know he gets destroyed by bigger and more athletic players on both ends

Jabari, Paolo, Ivey, Murray, Mathurin? Can easily see where they fit on a good team even in a worst case scenario.

Sharpe & Daniels could be anything but again even in a worst case scenario they could fill a role.

For me the worst case scenario for Chet is he breaks like a twig

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM Forums mobile app

Return to Detroit Pistons