D
No votes
E
4%

Total votes: 80

Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Re: Welcome to Detroit Cade Cunningham!!! 

Post#41 » by Manocad » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:01 pm

zeebneeb wrote:When Cade was the best player on a team loaded with talent(Green, Barnes, Suggs, Mobley)

https://youtu.be/oRd13_H-vW8

Summer league in a week people.

A WEEK.

I don't know; I'm just not seeing it. After all, Cunningham is really only 6'5" so it looks like the Pistons got sold a false bill of goods. Weaver should have traded down and gone with Evan Mobley instead based on that incredible workout in Detroit that nobody saw.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,722

Post#42 » by zeebneeb » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:29 pm

Manocad wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:When Cade was the best player on a team loaded with talent(Green, Barnes, Suggs, Mobley)

A WEEK.

I don't know; I'm just not seeing it. After all, Cunningham is really only 6'5" so it looks like the Pistons got sold a false bill of goods. Weaver should have traded down and gone with Evan Mobley instead based on that incredible workout in Detroit that nobody saw.
Yeah, but here's the Shyamalan twist;

Mobley is only 6'8, and worked out over zoom.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#43 » by DetroitSho » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:52 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:I actually agree with you. I know it’s pure conjecture, but he doesn’t seem self aware to me. Then again, neither was I at 18. His whole GQ article comes off as blaming others for how he’s perceived rather than using it as fuel. My prediction is if he’s good, he’s bolting for LA first chance he gets. If he doesn’t live up to the hype, he’ll end up clashing with his team. It’ll be an interesting story to follow for sure.
The "he's going to bolt to LA the first chance he gets" cliche should've died years ago. In terms of someone "going Hollywood" and just needing to play for LA, this is not even a thing.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

No it didn’t…

1. Lebron
2. AD
3. Kawhi
4. Paul George

Before the current 4, you have Shaq, Kobe, Dwight.

He’s also from Fresno. There is no way his dream isn’t to one day play in LA. 7 players in 25 years is not a cliche. It’s a reality. You can make that argument for New York being all smoke and mirrors, but not LA.
Exactly ONE of those guys bolted to LA "the first chance they got" and that was Shaq. And even then it took getting disrespected by the team and fan base in Orlando for him to do it. Dwight? TF? He was miserable in LA and didn't ask to go there. He literally LEFT LA the first chance he got.

I would love you for you to provide examples of someone signing an offer sheet with LA after their rookie deal, because that and only that would meet your criteria. IT'S NOT A THING.

DetroitSho
Head Coach

Post#44 » by DetroitSho » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:53 pm

Manocad wrote:

A WEEK.

What you mean nobody saw it? The chair that he shot over saw it.

ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#45 » by ComboGuardCity » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:32 pm

DetroitSho wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:The "he's going to bolt to LA the first chance he gets" cliche should've died years ago. In terms of someone "going Hollywood" and just needing to play for LA, this is not even a thing.

No it didn’t…

1. Lebron
2. AD
3. Kawhi
4. Paul George

He’s also from Fresno. There is no way his dream isn’t to one day play in LA. 7 players in 25 years is not a cliche. It’s a reality. You can make that argument for New York being all smoke and mirrors, but not LA.
Exactly ONE of those guys bolted to LA "the first chance they got" and that was Shaq. And even then it took getting disrespected by the team and fan base in Orlando for him to do it. Dwight? TF? He was miserable in LA and didn't ask to go there. He literally LEFT LA the first chance he got.

I would love you for you to provide examples of someone signing an offer sheet with LA after their rookie deal, because that and only that would meet your criteria. IT'S NOT A THING.

Fine, don’t call it “first chance” call it leaving when first viable. I’m not going to argue with you on players not wanting to play in LA or get into a semantics argument. The fact is LA is a preferred destination. That’s not up for debate.
Obe1ball
Freshman
And1: 23

Post#46 » by Obe1ball » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:33 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:
Manocad wrote:Jalen Green's "me me me" comments to the press after being drafted just further cemented for me that Cade was without a doubt the best pick for Detroit. The Pistons need a guy who embraces his role as a team leader and face of the franchise rather than an "I'm gonna get mine" player.

I actually agree with you. I know it’s pure conjecture, but he doesn’t seem self aware to me. Then again, neither was I at 18. His whole GQ article comes off as blaming others for how he’s perceived rather than using it as fuel. My prediction is if he’s good, he’s bolting for LA first chance he gets. If he doesn’t live up to the hype, he’ll end up clashing with his team. It’ll be an interesting story to follow for sure.

I came into the draft, wanting Cade but would've been just fine, if Weaver traded for more assets and stayed in the top 3. I liked Mobley a little more than Green but was worried about his laid back demeanor. I ended up feeling a big sense of relief, after watching interviews. The Pistons got the right player to lead them. He has that Alpha personality but it's all for his team and winning, not an Alpha for himself and his scoring stats.
DetroitSho
Head Coach

Post#47 » by DetroitSho » Sun Aug 1, 2021 12:10 am

ComboGuardCity wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:No it didn’t…

1. Lebron
2. AD
3. Kawhi
4. Paul George

Fine, don’t call it “first chance” call it leaving when first viable. I’m not going to argue with you on players not wanting to play in LA or get into a semantics argument. The fact is LA is a preferred destination. That’s not up for debate.
LA being a destination city wasn't even the debate. There's not these overwhelming instances of players going Hollywood and absolutely needing to be in LA, everything else be damned.

The whole "I could see him bolting to LA" is meant to have a negative connotation towards a player who seems to care more about off court than on court dealings. Kawhi would be the only example of leaving for LA, all else be damned, and it damned sure wasn't because he wanted the LA spotlight to feed his ego. THAT'S what I'm debating.

bjones521
Pro Prospect
And1: 392

Post#48 » by bjones521 » Sun Aug 1, 2021 12:54 am

Manocad wrote:

A WEEK.

[url]

only 6'5 huh?
Manocad
RealGM

Post#49 » by Manocad » Sun Aug 1, 2021 12:56 am

bjones521 wrote:
Manocad wrote:

A WEEK.

[url]

only 6'5 huh?

Didn't you know that Jalen Rose is really 6'3"?
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,722

Post#50 » by zeebneeb » Sun Aug 1, 2021 1:00 am

Manocad wrote:
bjones521 wrote:
Manocad wrote:I don't know; I'm just not seeing it. After all, Cunningham is really only 6'5" so it looks like the Pistons got sold a false bill of goods. Weaver should have traded down and gone with Evan Mobley instead based on that incredible workout in Detroit that nobody saw.

[url]

only 6'5 huh?

I'm real tired of you stretching the truth Mano. Time and time again you BS your way thru conversations with outright lies.

Jalen Rose is 5'9.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#51 » by Liqourish » Sun Aug 1, 2021 1:06 am

zeebneeb wrote:
Manocad wrote:
bjones521 wrote:
[url]

only 6'5 huh?

I'm real tired of you stretching the truth Mano. Time and time again you BS your way thru conversations with outright lies.

Jalen Rose is 5'9.

Hyperbole much? Jalen s 5'3" (barefoot, because that matters!!) with a 5'6" wingspan.
SamFlow
Pro Prospect
And1: 199

Post#52 » by SamFlow » Sun Aug 1, 2021 7:14 am

How tall is Cade really? I know in the presser introduction video and photos he looks shorter than Isaiah Livers and livers was 6 7.25 with shoes at the combine. Which if you can take anything from the photos would make an inch or two shorter. Anyone got real measurements listed for him somewhere?
BigDaddyJungle
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,119

Post#53 » by The Moose » Sun Aug 1, 2021 7:56 am

SamFlow wrote:How tall is Cade really? I know in the presser introduction video and photos he looks shorter than Isaiah Livers and livers was 6 7.25 with shoes at the combine. Which if you can take anything from the photos would make an inch or two shorter. Anyone got real measurements listed for him somewhere?

last legit without shoe measurement was when he was 16 at the Nike Elite 100 camp in 2017

He was 6'5" without shoes, 209lbs and 7'0" wingspan. I think its safe to assume he's grown 0.5-1 inch since then.
He looks about 6'7 in NBA height to me

posted this elsewhere but here is next to Moses Moody (wearing #2), who measured 6'4.5" barefoot and 6'6" in shoes at the combine last month. Cade looks like he has about an inch or so on him. Him being 6'7 or 6'8 is not a big deal to me
Manocad
RealGM

Post#54 » by Manocad » Sun Aug 1, 2021 12:22 pm

SamFlow wrote:How tall is Cade really? I know in the presser introduction video and photos he looks shorter than Isaiah Livers and livers was 6 7.25 with shoes at the combine. Which if you can take anything from the photos would make an inch or two shorter. Anyone got real measurements listed for him somewhere?

I told you, he's 6'3".

But he could be 5'9".

Put it this way...a college center can play in the post, scores 18PPG with 12 RPG and 2.3 BPG. He appears to be fairly tall relatively speaking. Do you really give a flying f**k what his real height is when you're watching him work hard to box out for boards and swat shots? Like I posted earlier, he could be listed at 8'9" or 4'10"; does it change what he can do on the court?

Is Cade relatively bigger than other guards he played against? Damn right he is. Did he use his size mismatch to exploit shorter players and create opportunities? Damn right he did. And let me clue you in on a little secret relative to the average height of NCAA players vs NBA players....

...psst--they're the same.
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,507

Post#55 » by whitehops » Sun Aug 1, 2021 9:30 pm

my best guess is cade is 6'6 without shoes, 6'7 with shoes and has a 7'0 wingspan. plenty good size.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#56 » by Manocad » Sun Aug 1, 2021 9:41 pm

whitehops wrote:my best guess is cade is 6'6 without shoes, 6'7 with shoes and has a 7'0 wingspan. plenty good size.

BUT IT'S NOT 6'8"!!! What a swindle. Get Evan Mobley on the phone and get this fixed.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#57 » by DBC10 » Sun Aug 1, 2021 10:29 pm

Manocad wrote:
whitehops wrote:my best guess is cade is 6'6 without shoes, 6'7 with shoes and has a 7'0 wingspan. plenty good size.

BUT IT'S NOT 6'8"!!! What a swindle. Get Evan Mobley on the phone and get this fixed.

Can't, Mobley and Green are still stuck on their secret workouts

What time is it?
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#58 » by chrbal » Sun Aug 1, 2021 10:32 pm

People act like Cade Cunningham is in the middle
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#59 » by 440BB » Sun Aug 1, 2021 10:36 pm

chrbal wrote:People act Cade Cunningham is in the middle

That settles it. 5'3"
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
Manocad
RealGM

Post#60 » by Manocad » Sun Aug 1, 2021 10:39 pm

chrbal wrote:People act Cade Cunningham is in the middle

Shoot, I was way off. I thought that was Carlos Boozer, Jimmy Butler and Mos Def.

And why is Mos Def making the symbol for white supremacy?

Return to Detroit Pistons