ImageImageImage

Potential free agent targets

Moderators: dVs33, Snakebites, theBigLip

bjones521
Junior
Posts: 445
And1: 206
Joined: Jun 28, 2015
     

Re: Potential free agent targets 

Post#81 » by bjones521 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:15 am

Dream offseason. Sign Bol Bol to a 3yr 30M deal. Draft Jaden Ivey or Hardy.
Cade
Jaden
Bey
Bol
Stewart
User avatar
Manocad
RealGM
Posts: 65,339
And1: 9,184
Joined: Dec 13, 2005
Location: Middle Fingerton
Contact:
       

Re: Potential free agent targets 

Post#82 » by Manocad » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:57 am

bjones521 wrote:Dream offseason. Sign Bol Bol to a 3yr 30M deal. Draft Jaden Ivey or Hardy.
Cade
Jaden
Bey
Bol
Stewart

And Grant goes where?
Image
MotownMadness
RealGM
Posts: 32,963
And1: 19,221
Joined: Oct 08, 2013
 

Re: Potential free agent targets 

Post#83 » by MotownMadness » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:20 am

Got my roster after my first 2K off-season (lol)

- Fired Casey and signed Fizdale for his grit and grind style

-Drafted Jabari Smith Jr at #4

-Sign and trade Grant/Olynyk (not sure if legal to trade both in that deal) for a maxed Ayton on a 5 year 140 mil deal :o (wanted that big lob defensive center)

- stole Divincenzo from the Bucks on a 3 year 38 million deal (team option on the 3rd year)

- then took Kyle Anderson for some defense and playmaking on a 3 year 33mil deal (team option on the last year)

- CoJo opted in of course

- let go of F-Jackson, J-Jackson, Diallo but took on Lyles team option for the hell of it.

Hayes/Lee/CoJo
Cade/Divincenzo/Juzang(2nd round two way)
Bey/Anderson/livers
Smith Jr/Anderson/Lyles
Ayton/Stewart/Garza

Think I also grabbed Brazdeikis on a min

Team is young, smart, Athletic, nice blend of athleticism, shooting and defense. Just running a 9 man rotation.
User avatar
bstein14
RealGM
Posts: 24,383
And1: 3,817
Joined: Jun 22, 2001
Contact:

Re: Potential free agent targets 

Post#84 » by bstein14 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:44 pm

Colin Sexton is an interesting player for sure. He is now out for the season for Cleveland. Last year he averaged 24.3 PPG on efficient shooting numbers for a bad Cleveland team, but is known to be a below average defender. His ideal role is likely a spark plug off the bench a la Lou Williams. He isn't someone I would have been interested in for a big money deal, but if there are no MAX FA available (Ayton or Bridges) and we're looking at adding a solid rotation piece he would be worth considering perhaps at a just slightly above MLE type deal. There won't be many teams out there that can offer more than MLE money to FAs next summer unless its a sign and trade.
edmunder_prc
Pro Prospect
Posts: 998
And1: 503
Joined: Dec 06, 2015
   

Re: Potential free agent targets 

Post#85 » by edmunder_prc » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:02 pm

bstein14 wrote:Colin Sexton is an interesting player for sure. He is now out for the season for Cleveland. Last year he averaged 24.3 PPG on efficient shooting numbers for a bad Cleveland team, but is known to be a below average defender. His ideal role is likely a spark plug off the bench a la Lou Williams. He isn't someone I would have been interested in for a big money deal, but if there are no MAX FA available (Ayton or Bridges) and we're looking at adding a solid rotation piece he would be worth considering perhaps at a just slightly above MLE type deal. There won't be many teams out there that can offer more than MLE money to FAs next summer unless its a sign and trade.



Sexton would be great for the Pistons. He reminds me of D.Rose.

Sexton is not afraid of contact, he can shoot well, he does pass the ball but nothing special.

Anyone that can really score the ball next to Cade would be amazing - shooting especially - driving and then kicking to Cade who is set and waiting for an open 3.

Lillard and McCollum dont work well because both are not good defenders. Cade appears to be a PLUS defender with his IQ. Sexton and Cade would be a lot of firepower with above average defense.
User avatar
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
Posts: 9,830
And1: 1,584
Joined: Apr 20, 2010
Location: Melbourne, Oz
   

Re: Potential free agent targets 

Post#86 » by dVs33 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:19 pm

edmunder_prc wrote:
bstein14 wrote:Colin Sexton is an interesting player for sure. He is now out for the season for Cleveland. Last year he averaged 24.3 PPG on efficient shooting numbers for a bad Cleveland team, but is known to be a below average defender. His ideal role is likely a spark plug off the bench a la Lou Williams. He isn't someone I would have been interested in for a big money deal, but if there are no MAX FA available (Ayton or Bridges) and we're looking at adding a solid rotation piece he would be worth considering perhaps at a just slightly above MLE type deal. There won't be many teams out there that can offer more than MLE money to FAs next summer unless its a sign and trade.



Sexton would be great for the Pistons. He reminds me of D.Rose.

Sexton is not afraid of contact, he can shoot well, he does pass the ball but nothing special.

Anyone that can really score the ball next to Cade would be amazing - shooting especially - driving and then kicking to Cade who is set and waiting for an open 3.


Lillard and McCollum dont work well because both are not good defenders. Cade appears to be a PLUS defender with his IQ. Sexton and Cade would be a lot of firepower with above average defense.


I suggested sexton on a reasonable deal when this thread started. And now that he’s injured, the chance of a reasonable deal just got better.
If we can use him off the bench with either Hayes or cade, we’d be good.
User avatar
bstein14
RealGM
Posts: 24,383
And1: 3,817
Joined: Jun 22, 2001
Contact:

Re: Potential free agent targets 

Post#87 » by bstein14 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:51 am

dVs33 wrote:
edmunder_prc wrote:
bstein14 wrote:Colin Sexton is an interesting player for sure. He is now out for the season for Cleveland. Last year he averaged 24.3 PPG on efficient shooting numbers for a bad Cleveland team, but is known to be a below average defender. His ideal role is likely a spark plug off the bench a la Lou Williams. He isn't someone I would have been interested in for a big money deal, but if there are no MAX FA available (Ayton or Bridges) and we're looking at adding a solid rotation piece he would be worth considering perhaps at a just slightly above MLE type deal. There won't be many teams out there that can offer more than MLE money to FAs next summer unless its a sign and trade.



Sexton would be great for the Pistons. He reminds me of D.Rose.

Sexton is not afraid of contact, he can shoot well, he does pass the ball but nothing special.

Anyone that can really score the ball next to Cade would be amazing - shooting especially - driving and then kicking to Cade who is set and waiting for an open 3.


Lillard and McCollum dont work well because both are not good defenders. Cade appears to be a PLUS defender with his IQ. Sexton and Cade would be a lot of firepower with above average defense.


I suggested sexton on a reasonable deal when this thread started. And now that he’s injured, the chce of a reasonable deal just got better.
aIf we can use him off the bench with either Hayes or cade, we’d be good.

I certainly don't love Sexton, but he's worth a flyer on at the right price.... especially because we are so bad at putting the ball in the basket. Of course my opinion could change if any of Josh Jackson, Diallo, or Frank Jackson really play well for us this season and average an efficient 15+ PPG but right now we need some more scoring.
User avatar
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
Posts: 24,499
And1: 3,966
Joined: Jul 10, 2010

Re: Potential free agent targets 

Post#88 » by ComboGuardCity » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:14 am

I hope the bulls implode so we can max Lavine.

Cade
Lavine
Bey
Grant
Stewart

That’s a deadly team.
MotownMadness
RealGM
Posts: 32,963
And1: 19,221
Joined: Oct 08, 2013
 

Re: Potential free agent targets 

Post#89 » by MotownMadness » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:26 am

bstein14 wrote:Colin Sexton is an interesting player for sure. He is now out for the season for Cleveland. Last year he averaged 24.3 PPG on efficient shooting numbers for a bad Cleveland team, but is known to be a below average defender. His ideal role is likely a spark plug off the bench a la Lou Williams. He isn't someone I would have been interested in for a big money deal, but if there are no MAX FA available (Ayton or Bridges) and we're looking at adding a solid rotation piece he would be worth considering perhaps at a just slightly above MLE type deal. There won't be many teams out there that can offer more than MLE money to FAs next summer unless its a sign and trade.

Its a interesting thought for sure, Cleveland was rumoured to be shopping him last off-season and now with the injury they might not match.

I'm also not afraid of a torn miniscus, he should recover fine. At least you know your getting some sort of proven young commodity with your capspace and not a total bust.

Return to Detroit Pistons