Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,347

Re: Danny Ainge offered SVG 6 draft picks for #8(Stanley Johnson) in 2015 

Post#41 » by buzzkilloton » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:53 pm

Liqourish wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
Manocad wrote:No one said Gores was talking with other teams. That's not only a straw man you've built but a red herring as well. The idea that the owner will allow a GM to make any move he/she doesn't support is ridiculous, especially in this case where it's a very actively involved owner. I can put the same spin on your quote--this was all Gores' move, and of course SVG has to put a positive spin on it because he's not going to throw his boss under the bus. See how easy that was? Not to mention that you're trying to make a pointless argument over whose decision it ultimately was, and undermined your own argument in doing so. You've said that Gores wanted to make the playoffs but that SVG had a different vision, was against tanking, and made moves to win games while he was here. Now, I'm not a rocket scientist but aren't making the playoffs and making moves to win as many games as possible in an immediate time frame synonymous? I'm pretty sure they are.

But like a said, you've gone off on a tangent to prove that SVG was a bad GM--no argument there--in order to lend credence to the rumor. However SVG being a bad GM in no way, shape or form proves that this offer was actually on the table. You believe it? Fine. And it doesn't matter one bit.

Some of you guys crack me up. Find one little thing to gripe about, in the past no less, and you jump all over it like a group of gossiping old ladies.

I never once said Gores wasnt ok with the trade.

The comment was "We all know it was Gores he underminded SVG". This would mean Gores literally made the deal and SVG said "no dont do it".

SVG is the guy taking calls and talking to teams not Gores. SVG instead of hanging up thought "Blake can get me playoffs and save my job" and talked terms and the took it to Gores and said "we can get Blake". SVG was on the hot seat and Blake was a hail mary. Their was no undermining whatsoever. SVG wanted Blake Griffin and so did Gores.

Gores undermining SVG and taking personal phone calls are not one in the same. You are trying to take a scenario and re-frame it to fit your narrative. Then when people disagreed with you, you change the goalposts, its what you do.

For Gores to undermind SVG the proposal would have to be brought in front of him. If SVG was completely against the trade then Gores would of never known. If Gores literally called Jerry West and made deals behind SVG back then we would of heard about by now from SVGs big mouth in the media. The only people who have this narrative that SVG didnt want to trade for Blake are some Pistons fans.

SVG wanted Blake he was the guy making the moves. Gores wanted Blake and Oked the deal brought in front of him. Gores undermining SVG is just a narrative created. Gores hired SVG and gave him complete control of basketball decisions on and off the court.

I wonder if the same people who think Gores was the man making the Blake move also think Gores traded for Harris,Jackson, and Morris. SVG always was active searching for vets in trades that was how he always operated. He made a bad trade to try to make the playoffs while on the the hot seat it is what it is.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Re: Danny Ainge offered SVG 6 draft picks for #8(Stanley Johnson) in 2015 

Post#42 » by Manocad » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:06 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:
Liqourish wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
I never once said Gores wasnt ok with the trade.

The comment was "We all know it was Gores he underminded SVG". This would mean Gores literally made the deal and SVG said "no dont do it".

SVG is the guy taking calls and talking to teams not Gores. SVG instead of hanging up thought "Blake can get me playoffs and save my job" and talked terms and the took it to Gores and said "we can get Blake". SVG was on the hot seat and Blake was a hail mary. Their was no undermining whatsoever. SVG wanted Blake Griffin and so did Gores.

Gores undermining SVG and taking personal phone calls are not one in the same. You are trying to take a scenario and re-frame it to fit your narrative. Then when people disagreed with you, you change the goalposts, its what you do.

For Gores to undermind SVG the proposal would have to be brought in front of him. If SVG was completely against the trade then Gores would of never known. If Gores literally called Jerry West and made deals behind SVG back then we would of heard about by now from SVGs big mouth in the media. The only people who have this narrative that SVG didnt want to trade for Blake are some Pistons fans.

Which still doesn't prove that some crazy offer was made to the Pistons and they passed. Everything presented has been purely speculation and conjecture. The only known I would take away from this is that the Pistons were made an offer to trade up and they passed. Now to me, it has to be a REALLY slow news day for that to be worth talking about after the fact. But since my job doesn't require me to be humping 8 hours a day every day and this forum provides me with CONSTANT teaching moments, I like to give back.

Return to Detroit Pistons