Moderators: dVs33, Snakebites, theBigLip

MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 19,221

Re: Game 11: Pistons (2-8) @ Cavs (7-5) - Nov. 12 7:30 PM EST 

Post#261 » by MotownMadness » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:31 pm

edmunder_prc wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
flow wrote:You don't need Casey for that. We're a bottom rung team this year regardless of the coach. But having a coach in here who can install offensive principals and develop our young future talent instead of playing Cory Freakin Joseph, would be helpful.

Its gonna be such a roster changeover from now til next season I don't think it matters. Weaver can pretty much dump the whole roster and reload through FA and the draft this off-season.

Problem is a lot Weaver's guys havent been so great.

PGs we got rid of: Bruce Brown, D.Rose, Delon Wright.
PGs we brought in: Dennis Smith Jr, Cojo

Shooters we got rid of: Svi
Shooters we brought in: Diallo, Frank Jackson, Josh Jackson

Bigs we got rid of: Plumlee, Cook, Okafor
Bigs we brought in: KO

So for PGs, ouch. It would be nice to have another competent guy on the roster. Shooters, Svi looks way better than Diallo and Frank Jackson and a wash with Josh. Better shooter, worse defense, didnt turn the ball over all the time. Bigs are a wash. Plumlee helped as a passing big, he created points passing to cutters, something we dont have anymore, plus he could catch a lob.

So after we changed everyone on the team to all Weaver's guys - now we need to do that again because its the worst shooting in 50 years?

This off-season will be a big judgement on him. He's got alot of team options, alot of cap space and another top pick
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 9,184

Post#262 » by Manocad » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:48 pm

edmunder_prc wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
flow wrote:You don't need Casey for that. We're a bottom rung team this year regardless of the coach. But having a coach in here who can install offensive principals and develop our young future talent instead of playing Cory Freakin Joseph, would be helpful.

Its gonna be such a roster changeover from now til next season I don't think it matters. Weaver can pretty much dump the whole roster and reload through FA and the draft this off-season.

So for PGs, ouch. It would be nice to have another competent guy on the roster. Shooters, Svi looks way better than Diallo and Frank Jackson and a wash with Josh. Better shooter, worse defense, didnt turn the ball over all the time. Bigs are a wash. Plumlee helped as a passing big, he created points passing to cutters, something we dont have anymore, plus he could catch a lob.

So after we changed everyone on the team to all Weaver's guys - now we need to do that again because its the worst shooting in 50 years?

Please explain why the team NEEDS to do anything. Key word there--NEEDS, not "can get better by."
edmunder_prc
Pro Prospect
And1: 503

Post#263 » by edmunder_prc » Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:10 am

Manocad wrote:
edmunder_prc wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:Its gonna be such a roster changeover from now til next season I don't think it matters. Weaver can pretty much dump the whole roster and reload through FA and the draft this off-season.

Please explain why the team NEEDS to do anything. Key word there--NEEDS, not "can get better by."

If the GMs job is create the worst shooting team in 50 years, is that a positive goal? I guess he doesn't need to do anything. Good on him.

I believe he needs to put some guys who don't suck around our #1 and #7 picks so they feel good about their play. If the run down the court, have a pick and roll, get around their guy and pass the ball to people shoot the worst in 50 years - that doesn't help them.

Now Weaver could be a mastermind and he is trying to build the most resilient PGs of all time. He could be thinking - Im going to get the **** players in the league and put them with my two young PGs, they will brick everything, have 20+ TOs, bobble passes, lose every game by 20 points and we will have the mentally strongest players in the league. I think thats a bad idea and Weaver NEEDS to get people that can make shots. Call me crazy.

Just bringing up Saben Lee (Cade can play off sometimes), Garza, Livers, Pickett might be a good start.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 9,184

Post#264 » by Manocad » Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:29 am

edmunder_prc wrote:
Manocad wrote:
edmunder_prc wrote:

If the GMs job is create the worst shooting team in 50 years, is that a positive goal? I guess he doesn't need to do anything. Good on him.

I believe he needs to put some guys who don't suck around our #1 and #7 picks so they feel good about their play. If the run down the court, have a pick and roll, get around their guy and pass the ball to people shoot the worst in 50 years - that doesn't help them.

Now Weaver could be a mastermind and he is trying to build the most resilient PGs of all time. He could be thinking - Im going to get the **** players in the league and put them with my two young PGs, they will brick everything, have 20+ TOs, bobble passes, lose every game by 20 points and we will have the mentally strongest players in the league. I think thats a bad idea and Weaver NEEDS to get people that can make shots. Call me crazy.

Just bringing up Saben Lee (Cade can play off sometimes), Garza, Livers, Pickett might be a good start.

And get a top 5 pick.

Return to Detroit Pistons