ImageImageImage

Grant for Simmons Trade Rumors

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,304

Re: Grant for Simmons Trade Rumors 

Post#101 » by Kalamazoo317 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:48 pm

Ben Simmons isn't a top 30 player. That's all-NBA level. If it's a purely defensive team? Sure. But the game is played on offense as well, and as an all-around player, even when you can trust him to take the court, he's not a top 30 player.

Top 50? Maybe.
Tecmo
Senior
And1: 219

Post#102 » by Tecmo » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:10 am

Hmm, acquiring Simmons would make me worry about who brings the ball up the court and this negative impacting Cade's development.
breezypeezy
Senior
And1: 303

Post#103 » by breezypeezy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:58 pm

I'm having a hard time thinking of a socially polite way of saying "**** him and **** his contact".
Tecmo
Senior
And1: 219

Post#104 » by Tecmo » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:32 pm

76ers rumored to want Cade is LOL and a hard pass.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,469

Post#105 » by Canadafan » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:14 pm

https://youtu.be/oiuzithCcwY

Practice those free throws Ben. Isiah knowssss
DET_Athletics
Pro Prospect
And1: 213

Post#106 » by DET_Athletics » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:23 am

How about Grant for Dejounte Murray?

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#107 » by Manocad » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:16 pm

DET_Athletics wrote:How about Grant for Dejounte Murray?

In an already guard-heavy rotation? No thanks.
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,119

Post#108 » by The Moose » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:43 pm

DET_Athletics wrote:How about Grant for Dejounte Murray?

Spurs would block Weavers number for this offer
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,469

Post#109 » by Canadafan » Mon Dec 6, 2021 3:32 pm

Report: Lillard wants to play with Simmons; Blazers, 76ers discussed deals
https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/2242110

If Dame wants him and Isiah loves him, Detroit needs to trade for him. He would be soooo perfect playing with Cade. Defensively and offensively it's so perfect. He would immediately make our3other youngins look like legit starters.
Make the trade Weaver
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,106

Post#110 » by Kilo » Mon Dec 6, 2021 4:01 pm

Simmons is going to be a monster when he returns.

Grant/Bey for Simmons would have been a coup.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,678

Post#111 » by Invictus88 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 7:21 pm

Kilo wrote:Simmons is going to be a monster when he returns.

Grant/Bey for Simmons would have been a coup.

I hope this is the case. I really do. But it's going to take a substantial mental shift for him to get there... and that's before he even gets to actually improving his outside shot. Add on to that the huge contract and that warrants fixing your original quote:

Grant/Bey for Simmons would have been a coup.... for Philadelphia

I think there's much more likelihood that Bey regains his shooting form than Simmons developing one. One of these players at least has a season's worth of success to back that reasoning up with. The other.. not so much.
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Post#112 » by Piston Pete » Mon Dec 6, 2021 8:47 pm

Make it a 3-way deal. Other parts will be needed, but the framework of the deal becomes:

Pistons get McCollum

Sizers get Grant

Blazers get Simmons
Kalamazoo317
Veteran

Post#113 » by Kalamazoo317 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 9:40 pm

I don't think Grant gets you Simmons, but if it does, why wouldn't we want Simmons in that deal instead of McCollum? McCollum doesn't fit our roster or our timeline at all.
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#114 » by edmunder_prc » Mon Dec 6, 2021 10:31 pm

Man Bey is so undervalued.

If Bey were on a well run team, with seasoned vets, a strong veteran PG and a good coach, he would look like last year but better.

The whole Pistons situation is awful now with injuries, bad coaching/no coaching, half the team being first/second year guys, etc. Bey was phenomenal last year with his 3pt shots. He needs to focus on that but the team is telling him to try and be an all around guy and its not working but who cares.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#115 » by Pharaoh » Mon Dec 6, 2021 10:37 pm

I wouldn't want CJ.

Can make a case for Simmons but he's a difficult fit and you've gotta question if he'd even care here

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM Forums mobile app
Kalamazoo317
Veteran

Post#116 » by Kalamazoo317 » Tue Dec 7, 2021 1:48 pm

edmunder_prc wrote:The whole Pistons situation is awful now with injuries, bad coaching/no coaching, half the team being first/second year guys, etc. Bey was phenomenal last year with his 3pt shots. He needs to focus on that but the team is telling him to try and be an all around guy and its not working but who cares.

This is a bit of an off-topic rabbit hole, but I have thoughts, so I wanted to respond.

First of all, just want to establish that I'm a pro-Bey guy and that I think he has lots of potential to grow into a good player.

His game has regressed so far this season, and I don't think it's fair to blame the team. I've seen him, game after game, literally running away from or moving away from open to wide open three pointers and trying to get different shots. The ball comes to him for open or lightly contested threes in the flow of the offense and he balks at it too often. This is a problem a lot of our players have. Instead of shooting the shot the offense generates for them with confidence, the double clutch, reset, make an awkward or forced pass out, reset, etc. That's not how good offenses work.

Bey is at his best when he takes the shots generated for him. They won't always fall, but usually the first look he gets is better than anything he does with it afterwards.

He was shooting a bit more last night (still a few too many resets or double clutches, IMO), and it showed. We need more of that from him, and you can't really blame the coaches or teammates for that.

Fwiw, Lee and Lyles both did the same kind of thing last night as well.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#117 » by Manocad » Tue Dec 7, 2021 2:06 pm

Kalamazoo317 wrote:
edmunder_prc wrote:The whole Pistons situation is awful now with injuries, bad coaching/no coaching, half the team being first/second year guys, etc. Bey was phenomenal last year with his 3pt shots. He needs to focus on that but the team is telling him to try and be an all around guy and its not working but who cares.

This is a bit of an off-topic rabbit hole, but I have thoughts, so I wanted to respond.

First of all, just want to establish that I'm a pro-Bey guy and that I think he has lots of potential to grow into a good player.

His game has regressed so far this season, and I don't think it's fair to blame the team. I've seen him, game after game, literally running away from or moving away from open to wide open three pointers and trying to get different shots. The ball comes to him for open or lightly contested threes in the flow of the offense and he balks at it too often. This is a problem a lot of our players have. Instead of shooting the shot the offense generates for them with confidence, the double clutch, reset, make an awkward or forced pass out, reset, etc. That's not how good offenses work.

Bey is at his best when he takes the shots generated for him. They won't always fall, but usually the first look he gets is better than anything he does with it afterwards.

He was shooting a bit more last night (still a few too many resets or double clutches, IMO), and it showed. We need more of that from him, and you can't really blame the coaches or teammates for that.

Fwiw, Lee and Lyles both did the same kind of thing last night as well.

That whole shot reset thing drives me f***ing bananas. YOU'RE WIDE OPEN--SHOOT THE BALL AS SOON AS YOU CATCH IT. THAT'S THE POINT.

Yeah, I get that running an offense that predicates itself on making jumpers/3's is frustrating to watch when the shots aren't dropping. But that doesn't change the fact that regardless of how the team is shooting, when you do have a wide open shot--especially if the shot clock dictates it's time to shoot--YOU SHOOT IT.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,049

Post#118 » by bstein14 » Tue Dec 7, 2021 8:06 pm

edmunder_prc wrote:Man Bey is so undervalued.

If Bey were on a well run team, with seasoned vets, a strong veteran PG and a good coach, he would look like last year but better.

The whole Pistons situation is awful now with injuries, bad coaching/no coaching, half the team being first/second year guys, etc. Bey was phenomenal last year with his 3pt shots. He needs to focus on that but the team is telling him to try and be an all around guy and its not working but who cares.

Bey also has been poor defensively which is why its hard to see his career trajectory follow someone like Mikal Bridges. I still like Bey and his potential but he might end up being best suited as a scorer off the bench.

]

Return to Detroit Pistons