Re: Stewart Suspended 2 games 

Post#2 » by whitehops » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:04 pm

what a joke
Sort
Senior
And1: 144

Post#3 » by Sort » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:05 pm

I'm only slight surprised. I thought they would both get the same - overreacting on Stew's part, cheap shot on Lebron's part.

Thanks goodness Stew didn't get a hold of him.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 9,184

Post#4 » by Manocad » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:07 pm

This should shock absolutely no one.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 4,828

Post#5 » by Kilo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:07 pm

Stewart should have punched him back instantly. He carried on too long.

He'll learn from it hopefully.

Also Detroit plays the Lakers in a week, so Stew will be back by then.
Presti = Hinkie
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 9,184

Post#6 » by Manocad » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:08 pm

Kilo wrote:Stewart should have punched him back instantly. He carried on too long.

Yep. The suspension would have been worth it.
whitehops
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,347

Post#7 » by whitehops » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:17 pm

for real. if you're going to get suspended 2 games for NOT EVEN TOUCHING a player on the other team, may as well just clock him right off the bat. the extra couple of games would be worth it.

and tbh, depends on how you look at the situation but the league's light suspension of lebron could just make it worse this coming sunday since stewart probably feels he REALLY didn't get justice for getting sucker punched.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 10,585

Post#8 » by MrBigShot » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:21 pm

whitehops wrote:for real. if you're going to get suspended 2 games for NOT EVEN TOUCHING a player on the other team, may as well just clock him right off the bat. the extra couple of games would be worth it.

and tbh, depends on how you look at the situation but the league's light suspension of lebron could just make it worse this coming sunday since stewart probably feels he REALLY didn't get justice for getting sucker punched.

The issue is Stew continuously tried to escalate the situation. After everybody was separated it should've ended there, but he broke loss from the coaching staff several times. The suspension length was more than fair.

The absolutely absurd part is the 950k fine he got. That's ridiculous.

Edit: Scratch that, the fine was fake news. All things considered stewart got off pretty fairly.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
whitehops
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,347

Post#9 » by whitehops » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:43 pm

MrBigShot wrote:The issue is Stew continuously tried to escalate the situation. After everybody was separated it should've ended there, but he broke loss from the coaching staff several times. The suspension length was more than fair.

i'm not questioning stewart's suspension, more questioning his suspension relative to lebron. actually it's mainly lebron's suspension i have a problem with.

like, escalating a situation is bad and should get one game. excessively/repeatedly escalating the situation is worse and you get more games like stewart got. fair.

but only one game for blatantly trying to hurt another player is crazy to me. you can break someone's face open but if you make it look like an accident then you get a slap on the wrist.
Mogolo
Sophomore
And1: 114

Post#10 » by Mogolo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:44 pm

whitehops wrote:
MrBigShot wrote:The issue is Stew continuously tried to escalate the situation. After everybody was separated it should've ended there, but he broke loss from the coaching staff several times. The suspension length was more than fair.

i'm not questioning stewart's suspension, more questioning his suspension relative to lebron. actually it's mainly lebron's suspension i have a problem with.

like, escalating a situation is bad and should get one game. excessively/repeatedly escalating the situation is worse and you get more games like stewart got. fair.

but only one game for blatantly trying to hurt another player is crazy to me. you can break someone's face open but if you make it look like an accident then you get a slap on the wrist.

it's Lebron.. if roles were reversed Lebron would have got nothing and Stew would have got 5-10 games.... nba is a joke.. Silver prolly called Lebron and asked what he should do.
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,545

Post#11 » by ackypoo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:53 pm

outsiders perspective just stopping in cause i like this pistons team and have been lurking here a bit.

we saw a similar thing with morris and jokic. morris was fined, jokic suspended.

im surprised lebron was penalized at all, and im surprised stewart wasnt suspended for more than 2 games. if it were up to me, the cheap shotter should always face a harsher penalty, but the nba hasnt aligned with my vision.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 3,817

Post#12 » by bstein14 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:03 am

I was thinking 2 games each was most realistic but also not surprised at all the LeBron, who did all the damage, is the one getting off light here.
kpt
Junior
And1: 126

Post#13 » by kpt » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:08 am

#$%& Lebron and the NBA. Seriously. This should have been equal suspension at the very least. I mean did you see the amount of blood on his face and the closed fist?
Cowology
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,949

Post#14 » by Cowology » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:33 am

I actually think 2 games for Stewart is pretty reasonable. And again, I have no problems with him going after LeBron but from an objective league accountability standpoint 2 games for somebody *repeatedly* trying to physically escalate a situation is probably reasonable. The extra game for the extra effort, but he wasn't able to connect so that saves him an extra damage.

Also, **** LeBron.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 9,354

Post#15 » by Snakebites » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:54 am

No issue with Stewart getting 2 games, but Lebron absolutely should have gotten 2 or 3.

I guess I should be glad that Lebron was held accountable even the smallest bit, but it's hard to feel that way. Lebron was the instigator and apparently that's not as bad as overreacting to being instigated.
Pistonrings
Pro Prospect
And1: 146

Post#16 » by Pistonrings » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:12 am

Absolutely sickening watching some of the media takes this morning, many blindly claiming Bron didn't intend the hit, was just trying to dislodge his arm from Stew.

Anyway, looks like we'll get to see some Garzilla over the next couple.
Phenomenonsense
Bench Warmer
And1: 486

Post#17 » by Phenomenonsense » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:20 am

If Stewart comes back and **** body slams Lebron on sunday I say we retire his jersey.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,069

Post#18 » by Liqourish » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:22 am

TBH, I didn't think LeBron would be suspended at all and thought Stew would get 2 or 3 games, so I'm okay with this. Still not fair, but better than I expected.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 5,891

Post#19 » by zeebneeb » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:47 am

I now support Stewart breaking Lebrons damn face in the next game. Absolute horsecrap that Lebron got less games.

I want to see blood pouring down Lebrons face, so he can get two games.

I really hope he retaliates in the next game vs the Lakers.
ElectricMayhem
General Manager
And1: 8,846

Post#20 » by ElectricMayhem » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:49 am

A fair suspension only would've happened if it were someone of THT's import to the league that threw the punch. The NBA doesn't lay a multi-game suspension on LeBron James. They embarrassedly ask him how many games he'll sign off on being suspended.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!

Return to Detroit Pistons