ImageImageImage

15 games to go

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

kpt
Senior
And1: 209

15 games to go 

Post#1 » by kpt » Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:40 pm

We have 15 games to go and most weaker teams we play away ie orlando, okc, ind. we have Portland, ny, and wash at home. And no back to backs left. We are playing at a level where we could beat any team on any night which is promising but obviously bad for the tank. Hoping for Cade to ball out and us to stay in top three.
GreekAlex
Starter
And1: 1,246

Re: 15 games to go 

Post#2 » by GreekAlex » Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:50 pm

Time to start Garza for the tank supreme
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,607

Post#3 » by Snakebites » Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:07 pm

I don’t think we’re going to tank.

The FO won’t put a stopper on the momentum the young guys have had.

Injuries may do the some of the heavy lifting for us though.
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#4 » by edmunder_prc » Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:37 pm

If Cade and Grant play all the remaining 15 games and Im very interested to see how they work together. Cade is looking away from Grant even when Grant seems open. Does Grant accept it or get pissed off.

I'm thinking Grant gets traded this off-season from what I've seen with the Cade/Grant relationship.
Southern Piston
Senior
And1: 95

Post#5 » by Southern Piston » Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:51 pm

I think in the final 3-5 games will see much more of Garza, Lee, Smith, C stanley, and maybe full 30+ minute games for livers
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#6 » by Manocad » Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:00 pm

I don't have a direct connection to the front office like others here so I can only speculate. I'm putting my money on the team using any excuse to sit guys who don't need to prove anything further.
Cowology
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,667

Post#7 » by Cowology » Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:06 pm

edmunder_prc wrote:If Cade and Grant play all the remaining 15 games and Im very interested to see how they work together. Cade is looking away from Grant even when Grant seems open. Does Grant accept it or get pissed off.

I'm thinking Grant gets traded this off-season from what I've seen with the Cade/Grant relationship.

I'm still more worried about Bey and how he's impacted. With Grant/Cade competing for shots in the 1st Q it's Bey who's being left out and right now his confidence is completely shot. He's not even looking to shoot. The assists where great last night and it seems like he's focused on doing other things, but he had some good looks that he flat out passed on that lead to some worse looks.

I've been saying the same thing for weeks now; this current mix of players should be starting Bagley at PF with Stewart at C. Focus on getting Bey going early. Then bring Grant in with the 2nd unit. He can still play 32 minutes and finish games. The minutes distribution doesn't need to drastically change. But the Cade/Bey/Grant configuration does not work the way we hoped it would. Something is wrong there.

Grant is a guy who can come in as a Ginobli type and get his game going at anytime. Bey we gotta figure out how to involve early.
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Post#8 » by Piston Pete » Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:20 pm

I’m interested to see how/if Bagley playing next to Stewart works.

I worry they’d clog the paint. But who knows?
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,786

Post#9 » by DBC10 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:34 pm

We still have a great chance to lock ourselves into the top 3 even with some effort wins here and there. I'd look to put some effort into back spasms and knee sprains in the last 10 games or so. Since we're already 90% of the way there just from our past losses at the start of the season. Might as well make use of the losses we had before
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#10 » by 440BB » Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:44 pm

With Cade limping toward the end of the last game, shutting him down for a bit is just good sense with the minutes he's played. This is not the time to extend any player to the point of risking injury. Between that and other injuries cropping up, tanking gets pretty easy without trying too hard.

I want no better than a spirited 3-12 finish and I think they can accomplish it.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Post#11 » by Piston Pete » Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:53 pm

440BB wrote:With Cade limping toward the end of the last game, shutting him down for a bit is just good sense with the minutes he's played. This is not the time to extend any player to the point of risking injury. Between that and other injuries cropping up, tanking gets pretty easy without trying too hard.

I want no better than a spirited 3-12 finish and I think they can accomplish it.

Invoke the TANK sequence.
Homelander87
Junior
And1: 71

Post#12 » by Homelander87 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:38 am

If we win more than 3 games I will be highly disappointed
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,148

Post#13 » by ElectricMayhem » Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:23 am

A loss tomorrow coupled with an Atlanta win dashes our championship hopes for this year.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#14 » by Manocad » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:26 pm

Looking at Houston's remaining 13 games I'd predict 3 wins at best giving them 20. However they're currently on only a 3 loss streak so they're certainly capable of putting up a big string of losses and maybe only grabbing another 1-2 wins. They're highly likely to finish with the worst record IMO.
Looking at Orlando's remaining 12 games I could see 3-4 wins giving them 21-22.
Looking at Detroit's remaining 13 games I'd predict 3 wins giving them 21.
Looking at OKC's remaining 13 games I'd predict 3 wins at best giving them 23.

Obviously you never know what will happen game to game but I don't think any of those teams are in danger of overtaking Indiana (currently with 23 wins) or Sacramento (currently with 25 wins) so I'd say a bottom 4 finish for Detroit is nearly a lock at this point with bottom 2-3 being highly likely since I don't think there's much chance they'd overtake OKC. Or more to the point, they'd better not overtake OKC. That would mean a 52.14% chance of a top 4 pick and no worse than 7 (with the third worst record, obviously).

And really it's not a bad year to get "screwed" so to speak and be jumped by a team or two and maybe wind up with the 7th pick. While a lot of people seem to have a clear #1, #2 and even #3 preference of players available in this draft it seems to be just that--preference (a particular skill set/filling a team need), rather than one, two or three players who are believed to be clearly head and shoulders above the rest in overall value. Point being I personally could see the best player coming out of this draft be one of the top 7-8 projected guys vs 1-3. Regardless of where they pick, the Pistons just need to get one of the guys who ultimately becomes one of the top 7-8 guys coming out of this draft because that still probably represents a solid starter who fills a need. Another Killian Hayes at 7 would totally suck. They need this year's Wagner or Giddey if they wind up at 7. Or maybe even the guy who turns out to be one of the top 3 performers; that will obviously work too.

Return to Detroit Pistons