Game 68: Pistons (18-48) vs. Clippers (35-34) Mar. 13 3 PM EST

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,710

Re: Game 68: Pistons (18-48) vs. Clippers (35-34) Mar. 13 3 PM EST 

Post#81 » by Cowology » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:47 pm

I love how you guys just cherry pick whatever stats suit your argument for whatever particular game. Nobody was interested in context last game, but this game that's evidently what it's all about. *shrug*

Just be consistent guys. Or admit it's not really about how he plays.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#82 » by mattao313 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:52 pm

Cowology wrote:I love how you guys just cherry pick whatever stats suit your argument for whatever particular game.
If that was directed toward me idk how I'm cherry picking. I used the same stat you used.

Sent from my 5087Z using RealGM mobile app
Championships
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,094

Post#83 » by tmorgan » Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:14 pm

Cowology wrote:I love how you guys just cherry pick whatever stats suit your argument for whatever particular game. Nobody was interested in context last game, but this game that's evidently what it's all about. *shrug*

This is my honest opinion, take it for what it is (or isn’t) worth:

It’s you that’s trying too hard, Cow. The Clippers are a jumpshooting team to the extreme. Other than Zubac, they shoot middies and threes all day. PG, Kawhi, Reggie, Kennard,Morris, Mann… these are shooters.

Bagley wasn’t bad today. He had less to do. He can’t really handle a bruiser like Zubac on the glass, but that’s to be expected. But there’s absolutely nothing to suggest, from his past or his present, that Bagley is going to turn into a plus starter. I still hope he does, but ignoring what we know and what we see daily doesn’t change it.

And it’s ENTIRELY about how he plays. I don’t know how you can’t see it.
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,518

Post#84 » by whitehops » Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:28 pm

Read on Twitter

he must have worked on his conditioning, he used to look like he was about to collapse after playing 28 minutes.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,710

Post#85 » by Cowology » Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:29 pm

tmorgan wrote:
Cowology wrote:I love how you guys just cherry pick whatever stats suit your argument for whatever particular game. Nobody was interested in context last game, but this game that's evidently what it's all about. *shrug*

This is my honest opinion, take it for what it is (or isn’t) worth:

It’s you that’s trying too hard, Cow. The Clippers are a jumpshooting team to the extreme. Other than Zubac, they shoot middies and threes all day. PG, Kawhi, Reggie, Kennard,Morris, Mann… these are shooters.

Bagley wasn’t bad today. He had less to do. He can’t really handle a bruiser like Zubac on the glass, but that’s to be expected. But there’s absolutely nothing to suggest, from his past or his present, that Bagley is going to turn into a plus starter. I still hope he does, but ignoring what we know and what we see daily doesn’t change it.

And it’s ENTIRELY about how he plays. I don’t know how you can’t see it.

I don't disagree with your assessment about the Clippers. In fact that's kinda my point. Context matters. All I'm saying is apply that equally.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,080

Post#86 » by bstein14 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:11 am

Certain things stick out game to game. Bagley didn't look horrible in this one on defense. Boston clearly likes to pick and get switches and exploit certain mismatches. They did it earlier this season with trying to get CoJo on Brown/Tatum. They did it last game in pick and rolls with Bagley, knowing he's a poor pick and roll defender.

Clippers mostly looked to get Marcus the ball in the mid range and also shot 30 threes. Penetration wasn't a huge issue in this game at all compared to the last one.
Sort
Rookie
And1: 445

Post#87 » by Sort » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:32 am

Bagley does look solid as a bench five. His movements on defense just seem awkward and I don't see any indication that one day the defensive light will go on in his head. His skill set on offense obviously works stellar with Cade, but his blend with Grant does not. If Bagley will ever be a starting five, he needs an agile shot blocking four. Grant plays great defense positionally, but he's got no weakside help.

To win games though you need NBA players, and Pistons only had seven tonight.
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,348

Post#88 » by flow » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:50 pm

DetroitSho wrote:
Cowology wrote:Hate losing to such a bad team, but can't really complain. Better for the tank and we're clearly missing our bench.

I just dunno what's going on with Bey. It's like he's hit a sophomore wall. Pretty telling that we left Livers in the game down the stretch.
Such a bad team? Huh? They're in the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

Yep, Lue has done a heck of a job this year.
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,348

Post#89 » by flow » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:52 pm

Cowology wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
Cowology wrote:Hate losing to such a bad team, but can't really complain. Better for the tank and we're clearly missing our bench.

I just dunno what's going on with Bey. It's like he's hit a sophomore wall. Pretty telling that we left Livers in the game down the stretch.
Such a bad team? Huh? They're in the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

Yep. That roster is trash.

Yes, but they're coached well and they win games. Roster may suck on paper, but the Team doesn't.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,094

Post#90 » by tmorgan » Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:44 pm

Lue is indeed a good coach. Pretty much everyone thinks so… good adjustments, good roster-to-game plan thinking, all that. All the early talk of being LeBron’s puppet seems to have been just that, talk.

On the same subject, kinda, lots of good talk about Kidd this year, too. Seems to have learned something from his struggles with the Bucks.
Sort
Rookie
And1: 445

Post#91 » by Sort » Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:53 pm

Piston faithful should know Jackson and Morris are gamers, and truth be told, this is exactly what Kennard is: brilliant as a bench player against bad teams. Add Lue to that mix, and you have a "success" story of a five hundred team.

In all this, I can't tell you how pleased I am watching Livers. Seriously. A solid role player as a rookie with a second round pick? I don't think Garza or Lee will last in this league, but unless the game seriously morphs into something else, every team can use a Livers off the bench.

Already average defender. Solid three point shot. Makes the right play. Doesn't go beyond his role. You can see why Casey has at times preferred him over Grant or Bey at the three.

Then again, it also shows how little outside shooting the Pistons have...
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#92 » by 440BB » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:10 pm

Like Livers, I was hoping Chris Smith would be fully recovered and able to get some minutes late in the season. He's out now with a sprain to the same knee that was previously injured. We may still get contributions from both but Livers already looks like the glue guy every winning team needs.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver

Return to Detroit Pistons