ImageImageImage

Pistons are an average NBA team (the last 15 games)

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Re: Pistons are an average NBA team (the last 15 games) 

Post#21 » by DBC10 » Mon Apr 4, 2022 7:58 pm

bstein14 wrote:Obviously a lot will depend on the draft, trades, and FA... as well as how our young guys improve internally. That said, when you look at the top of the East its hard to see which top 10 team falls out next year. I think we're in a position where we could jump teams like Indy, New York, and Washington but its hard for me to see us being better than teams like Atlanta, Charlotte, Toronto, Cleveland, etc.

Right now I'd predict about 36-38 wins for us but of course a ton will change and its way too early.

Last year I predicted we'd win 30-32 games this season and we obviously fell well short of that win total this season.

It'll be interesting see the Vegas odds for our total win/loss for next year. They tracked eerily well this season even despite the injuries and surprise bench play from guys like Hamidou

I think we'll be heading towards a 30 win team just based on how the new draft pick does and assume Cade's development is linear. Bey could improve as well to be a better overall player on a consistent basis that will help drive the push for 30+ wins. I'm hopeful but wouldn't be surprised if things go to the wayside as well
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,301

Re: Pistons are an average NBA team (the last 15 games) 

Post#22 » by Kalamazoo317 » Tue Apr 5, 2022 1:08 pm

vege wrote:
Kalamazoo317 wrote:
bstein14 wrote:Obviously a lot will depend on the draft, trades, and FA... as well as how our young guys improve internally. That said, when you look at the top of the East its hard to see which top 10 team falls out next year. I think we're in a position where we could jump teams like Indy, New York, and Washington but its hard for me to see us being better than teams like Atlanta, Charlotte, Toronto, Cleveland, etc.

Right now I'd predict about 36-38 wins for us but of course a ton will change and its way too early.

Last year I predicted we'd win 30-32 games this season and we obviously fell well short of that win total this season.

Atlanta has one good player. Charlotte has two. I'm not sure what Chicago did this year is super sustainable. Miami looks like it could implode at any time.

Yeap, I don't think Atlanta or Charlotte are that good.

So we could at least jump Indy/Knicks/Washington/Atlanta/Charlotte, which means we could have a decent chance to get the #8 spot.

Oh, and notably Brooklyn could fall off a cliff at any time. If either of their two big guns misses significant time with injuries, they're a mess.

Return to Detroit Pistons