ImageImageImage

Draft Lottery Night

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,119

Re: Draft Lottery Night 

Post#261 » by The Moose » Wed May 18, 2022 4:30 am

DET_Athletics wrote:I really think Sacramento does some "Sacramento Stuff" and takes Sharpe because ivey is very close to Fox. We land ivey and trade grant for another pick. I hope Orlando takes Chet so that make Bamba a little bit more expendable. With tivey and Bamba we could run the fast break a heck of a lot more than we do.

Sent from my SM-S908U using RealGM mobile app

I think the Kings will pick between Sharpe and Murray. Ivey is way too redundant next to Fox, who averaged 28ppg after the Halliburton trade which in part was done to balance out the roster more.

Can't seem them taking another guard
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#262 » by mattao313 » Wed May 18, 2022 4:31 am

Iveys so explosive man I feel like the NBA is really gonna open up his game

Sent from my 5087Z using RealGM mobile app
Championships
FloridaMan78
Sixth Man
And1: 604

Post#263 » by FloridaMan78 » Wed May 18, 2022 4:36 am

If Ivey is there at our pick, things could get very interesting. So many options. Could definitely see teams trying to trade up. This draft could be crazy. Schmitz was hearing rumors Ivey is top 3 on more than one draft board.
The Moose
General Manager

Post#264 » by The Moose » Wed May 18, 2022 4:52 am

I honestly wouldnt cut out Duren as a possibility
King Bugs
Sixth Man
And1: 307

Post#265 » by King Bugs » Wed May 18, 2022 5:05 am

As of right now unless someone else impresses Weaver in workouts, I'm expecting Ivey to be a Piston in June. We need his skillset, an athlete/slasher that puts pressure on the rim and breaks down defenses is desperately needed on this roster. I also like that he's a non-traditional point guard. This era of basketball doesn't really value those old school ball dominant 8+ assist per game types.

So yeah, I've talked myself off the ledge and into Jaden Ivey. The draft board just seems to be set up that way right now unless the Kings trade down (which would suck) because they don't need him. Buuuuuut if something weird happens like Sharpe or even Ivey hop into the top 3 (Rockets could definitely use a PG), we could possibly come away with a player we have no business coming away with, but that's wishful thinking right now.
DET_Athletics
Pro Prospect
And1: 213

Post#266 » by DET_Athletics » Wed May 18, 2022 5:09 am

The Moose wrote:I honestly wouldnt cut out Duren as a possibility

I like Duren, I wouldn't be mad at taking him if Ivey is gone and no one wants to give us a good return for Grant.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#267 » by Pharaoh » Wed May 18, 2022 5:21 am

If we take Duren at 5 I'd be surprised.

Based in the previous 2 Drafts and who Weaver apparently wanted Murray is my guess if he's there.

If not it's Ivey over Sharpe

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM Forums mobile app
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,350

Post#268 » by buzzkilloton » Wed May 18, 2022 6:06 am

I think Weaver goes Sharpe or Ivey and we keep Grant. It really just makes the most since its the highest upside prospects at guard and it fits the roster. Then we play out the season and can make big moves next offseason.
The Moose
General Manager

Post#269 » by The Moose » Wed May 18, 2022 7:02 am

Pharaoh wrote:If we take Duren at 5 I'd be surprised.

Based in the previous 2 Drafts and who Weaver apparently wanted Murray is my guess if he's there.

I'd be surprised too, but JEIII mentioned him as a wildcard in this podcast i think

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/ep-85-instant-reaction-to-the-pistons-getting-the/id1549051149?i=1000562094869
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#270 » by Pharaoh » Wed May 18, 2022 7:15 am

The Moose wrote:

I'd be surprised too, but JEIII mentioned him as a wildcard in this podcast i think

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/ep-85-instant-reaction-to-the-pistons-getting-the/id1549051149?i=1000562094869
I don't doubt Budda does get some inside knowledge but no GM is dropping their real choice on any media member at this time of year.

It's all smoke and mirrors until Draft Day

The Moose
General Manager

Post#271 » by The Moose » Wed May 18, 2022 7:51 am

Pharaoh wrote:
The Moose wrote:

I don't doubt Budda does get some inside knowledge but no GM is dropping their real choice on any media member at this time of year.

It's all smoke and mirrors until Draft Day

this is a different James Edwards :lol: , just a coincidental name

he speaks to a lot of members on the Pistons staff, that being said he mentions that Duren is the wildcard but also "doesn't think they would take him at 5"

I agree with your general point though, only Weaver knows what the final decision is
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Post#272 » by dVs33 » Wed May 18, 2022 8:31 am

#5 kinda sucks, but it looks like there’s intriguing prospects.
Ivey, maturin and sharpe all look interesting especially if weaver extends grant which is my guess.
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 3,998

Post#273 » by BDM22 » Wed May 18, 2022 8:42 am

The Moose wrote:
DET_Athletics wrote:I really think Sacramento does some "Sacramento Stuff" and takes Sharpe because ivey is very close to Fox. We land ivey and trade grant for another pick. I hope Orlando takes Chet so that make Bamba a little bit more expendable. With tivey and Bamba we could run the fast break a heck of a lot more than we do.

I think the Kings will pick between Sharpe and Murray. Ivey is way too redundant next to Fox, who averaged 28ppg after the Halliburton trade which in part was done to balance out the roster more.

I feel like they trade down/out and someone who likes Ivey a lot moves up, leaving us with Keegan.

Interesting that JEIII said on the podcast that Sharpe looks more like 6-4 than the 6-6 he's listed at. I thought that too watching the film on him.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#274 » by Manocad » Wed May 18, 2022 12:34 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
Jsindto wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:
Yea overall though I think Murray had the best tournament. But like his game, it never looked dominant. Then you look up at the scoreboard and he’s got 30 and 10. Still don’t want him lol.

There's a world where the Pistons pick Ivey or Sharpe at 5 and then if Murray is available at 7, a trade package could be done to move Grant for Murray. If that was their draft, that'd be pretty perfect for me personally.

There is no such world where we get the 7th pick for a expiring Grant

Welcome to this board, where ANY desired trade is possible just because someone wants it.
NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,123

Post#275 » by NYPiston » Wed May 18, 2022 1:39 pm

edmunder_prc wrote:Ivey and Sharpe are both guys that will need some time to reach their potential stardom.

But they are both guys that will be slotted with Cade as guards. So Grant doesnt need to be traded, but he is a more "win-now" piece in that he is already in his prime and will win games.

Draft Ivey/Sharpe.

Trade Grant for another pick.

Roll with an extremely young team again next year and get another lotto pick.

Swing for the fences next year's free agents with Cade + Ivey/Sharpe hopefully developing into a two-headed dragon.

Thats the hope and probably best case scenario.

I highly doubt that Weaver is interested in taking a step back and prolonging the rebuild. I see all this Trade Grant talk but I think that's pie in the sky stuff. I don't think Weaver is all that interested in trading him and I don't see much of a market for Grant (the time to trade him was the deadline). I think they draft a guard and pursue a big in free agency. I don't see Grant being traded for a pick and them getting even younger next season, I just don't see it.

I also don't see them taking a swing on Sharpe for that very reason. I think it's partly why we see the rumors of them really liking Murray, because he's the most NBA ready and will likely impact winning sooner.
GBanga3
Rookie
And1: 404

Post#276 » by GBanga3 » Wed May 18, 2022 1:46 pm

Seems like most have Ivey, Murray, Mathurin and Sharpe
on their big boards…. I want to throw in Dyson Daniels!

Don’t sleep.
-Official #1 Australian Pistons Fan-
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,763

Post#277 » by theBigLip » Wed May 18, 2022 2:11 pm

BDM22 wrote:
The Moose wrote:

I feel like they trade down/out and someone who likes Ivey a lot moves up, leaving us with Keegan.

Interesting that JEIII said on the podcast that Sharpe looks more like 6-4 than the 6-6 he's listed at. I thought that too watching the film on him.

I was thinking the same thing - Kings could definitely trade down. After the consensus top 3 have been picked, all eyes are on the Kings. They should get some offers.
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,030

Post#278 » by mg » Wed May 18, 2022 2:48 pm

Ivey, Keegan, and Sharpe would both be great fits next to Cade. As I posted on the GB you guys have a good GM that will figure it out. Pistons are in a good spot moving forward. Ivey would be my target if I were in Weaver's shoes. He's a midwest kid too from Indiana. Cade obviously gives you alot of avenues.
Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,943

Post#279 » by Uncle Mxy » Wed May 18, 2022 2:55 pm

Laimbeer wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:Now let's assume we don't land #1 or a top 3 pick - how much hate will RIP cop?

None from people with an IQ above room temperature.

No hate for Rip, but I really liked it when Big Ben drafted.
We should've given him a chance to defend his #1 draft pick title. :)
FloridaMan78
Sixth Man
And1: 604

Post#280 » by FloridaMan78 » Wed May 18, 2022 2:58 pm

mg wrote:Ivey, Keegan, and Sharpe would both be great fits next to Cade. As I posted on the GB you guys have a good GM that will figure it out. Pistons are in a good spot moving forward. Ivey would be my target if I were in Weaver's shoes. He's a midwest kid too from Indiana. Cade obviously gives you alot of avenues.

After watching the breakdowns on Ivey and Sharpe I really don’t see a GM picking Sharpe over Ivey. It’ll be interesting what Sacramento does.

I’ve committed to Ivey over Sharpe. I wouldn’t be disappointed getting Sharpe but it’s gonna take a few years for him to develop and a good possibility he doesn’t. Ivey looks ready to contribute.

If we pick Murray than I can’t see Grant and Bey staying, one should be moved.

Return to Detroit Pistons