ImageImageImage

Is Orlando a Trade Partner?

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Re: Is Orlando a Trade Partner? 

Post#21 » by 440BB » Fri May 20, 2022 9:33 pm

I could see Bamba splitting time with Stewart. A sign and trade for Olynyk, three years at $10 million with a team option on the third year.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,039

Post#22 » by bstein14 » Sat May 21, 2022 2:40 am

440BB wrote:I could see Bamba splitting time with Stewart. A sign and trade for Olynyk, three years at $10 million with a team option on the third year.

I have not been a fan of spending cap space on Bamba, but if we could simply trade away Olynyk's salary for him and get him at 2/$20 million with a team option for a third year, I think he's a solid 20 MPG backup for that money and give Stew the 28 minutes a night as a starter and worry about other positions. He's still young enough that he's improving and worth a two year risk.
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,301

Post#23 » by Kalamazoo317 » Sat May 21, 2022 2:01 pm

Why would Orlando want Olynyk?
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#24 » by DetroitSho » Sat May 21, 2022 2:28 pm

Kalamazoo317 wrote:Why would Orlando want Olynyk?
Because fans on this board want Bamba.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#25 » by Manocad » Sat May 21, 2022 8:31 pm

DetroitSho wrote:

Yep. That’s exactly how it works here. And if that trade doesn’t happen then clearly Weaver failed.
DET_Athletics
Pro Prospect
And1: 213

Post#26 » by DET_Athletics » Mon May 23, 2022 7:26 am

I would love to trade Garza and 2 second round pick for a flyer on Bamba. Sign him to a 2 year deal with the 2nd year being a team option and go from there. If he works out and fits sign him to a long term deal, if he doesn't decline the team option and go after Myles Turner next off season.

Sent from my SM-S908U using RealGM mobile app
DET_Athletics
Pro Prospect

Post#27 » by DET_Athletics » Mon May 23, 2022 7:30 am

zeebneeb wrote:Right on RealGM news feed its saying Orlando likely to move on from Bamba. I see no harm in testing the waters there. It also list's Portland as likely to trade the pick...
If Keegan Murray is there at 7, we need to get a deal done with them. I would mind sending out Grant+COJO and a 2025 FRP lottery protected for the 7th. That seems fair for both side. But that's only if Keegan is there at 7.

DET_Athletics
Pro Prospect

Post#28 » by DET_Athletics » Mon May 23, 2022 7:32 am

DetroitSho wrote:

I know i do, I want him and Ivey, that's a lot of length in a starting lineup if we resign and start Bagley. Plus Bamba has the ability to stretch the floor and let Bagley play more down low.

DET_Athletics
Pro Prospect

Post#29 » by DET_Athletics » Mon May 23, 2022 7:34 am

440BB wrote:I could see Bamba splitting time with Stewart. A sign and trade for Olynyk, three years at $10 million with a team option on the third year.
I would think they would want picks over olynk, and I don't see them moving on from Bamba unless they take Chet #1, which is a very good possibility.

DET_Athletics
Pro Prospect

Post#30 » by DET_Athletics » Mon May 23, 2022 7:35 am

zeebneeb wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:Why doesn't Orlando want Bamba and never really have been that dedicated to him? Are we sure hes starter type material?
Because Orlando's front office is run by idiots, and has been for a very long time, regardless of who they put in charge.

He needs consistent playtime, and he could absolutely be a rim protecting starting bigman, who last year shot 38% from three on 4 attempts a game last year, as well as 10 points, and 8 rebounds.

Orlando is a farm team for the rest of the NBA, and has been for over a decade now.

Why they never game him consistent minutes, when they are a terrible team, always confused me, but that's what Orlando does.

With Cade running the show, Bamba will look much better here in Detroit, then in Orlando, that much is pretty much guaranteed.
I completely agree, I think him and Bagley could me a killer pairing for us.

MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,871

Post#31 » by MotownMadness » Mon May 23, 2022 2:13 pm

Is he pretty mobile or more of a big stiff? Just trying to get a idea of him as I've only seen him a few times and hardly pay any attention to him.

He was what the 5th pick or something a few years ago?
Shooter1
Pro Prospect
And1: 67

Post#32 » by Shooter1 » Tue May 24, 2022 12:54 am

DET_Athletics wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:Right on RealGM news feed its saying Orlando likely to move on from Bamba. I see no harm in testing the waters there. It also list's Portland as likely to trade the pick...
If Keegan Murray is there at 7, we need to get a deal done with them. I would mind sending out Grant+COJO and a 2025 FRP lottery protected for the 7th. That seems fair for both side. But that's only if Keegan is there at 7.

I do not believe we can trade a FRP because of a previous trade.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#33 » by vege » Tue May 24, 2022 1:08 am

I think Jonathan Isaac could be a steal. He could go Grant's rout and want to be in Detroit because of the whole Black coach black GM bull.

He was a DPOY candidate before his injury issues and he was improving. If he can hit 3's and play lockdown defense he could be amazing next to Cade.

zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,638

Post#34 » by zeebneeb » Tue May 24, 2022 1:10 am

Shooter1 wrote:
DET_Athletics wrote:

On draft night, the Pistons should be able to again trade another future first.

I'm not 100% sure on that though, but there is a yearly limit if I'm not mistaken.
Jsindto
Sophomore
And1: 114

Post#35 » by Jsindto » Tue May 24, 2022 1:14 am

Shooter1 wrote:
DET_Athletics wrote:

They can actually trade their 2029 first, but that's it lol. There's 2 limitations. Has the be 2 years after a first is traded (the pick owed becomes a 2nd rounder in 2027) and you can't trade a first more than 7 years out. So this is the first draft that we can now include the 2029 1st.

This is not something that is going to happen obviously, but I saw that sometime last week or so.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#36 » by Manocad » Tue May 24, 2022 2:15 am

I don't like the idea of trading future firsts to move up. There's no need to fast track it, just like Weaver said.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#37 » by DBC10 » Tue May 24, 2022 2:25 am

Jsindto wrote:
Shooter1 wrote:
DET_Athletics wrote:If Keegan Murray is there at 7, we need to get a deal done with them. I would mind sending out Grant+COJO and a 2025 FRP lottery protected for the 7th. That seems fair for both side. But that's only if Keegan is there at 7.

They can actually trade their 2029 first, but that's it lol. There's 2 limitations. Has the be 2 years after a first is traded (the pick owed becomes a 2nd rounder in 2027) and you can't trade a first more than 7 years out. So this is the first draft that we can now include the 2029 1st.

This is not something that is going to happen obviously, but I saw that sometime last week or so.

If a 2029 (with light protections) + some minor asset is all that it took to move up to get a 7th pick or etc, then Weaver likely does it? Considering how trigger happy GM's have been as of late with all these pick swaps and protections and handing them over like candy, I wouldn't be surprised one iota

Plus, Weaver likely won't even be here by 2029 anyways. it's too far out, why would he care about some pre-teen in the distant-ish future?
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

Post#38 » by Howard Mass » Wed May 25, 2022 3:30 am

DetroitSho wrote:

I have my doubts that Mo Bamba will be back in Orlando given how they will add another frontcourt player in The Draft.

The Magic probably give him a QO and try to sign ad trade him.

BTW: DetroitSho, please check your PM's.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:

Return to Detroit Pistons