ImageImageImage

How much would you pay Mitch Robinson

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,886

Re: How much would you pay Mitch Robinson 

Post#21 » by tmorgan » Sun Jun 5, 2022 12:01 am

Don’t want Mitch. If you think Killian mucks up our offense (he does), try playing a big that can’t muscle anyone and can’t shoot at all. Defense is fairly good. Sounds like “center Killian” to me. Hard pass.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#22 » by mattao313 » Sun Jun 5, 2022 1:31 am

tmorgan wrote:Don’t want Mitch. If you think Killian mucks up our offense (he does), try playing a big that can’t muscle anyone and can’t shoot at all. Defense is fairly good. Sounds like “center Killian” to me. Hard pass.
Nah a limited big on offense can work a guard that is a total negative on offense is a whole other argument.

Sent from my 5087Z using RealGM mobile app
Championships
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,039

Post#23 » by bstein14 » Sun Jun 5, 2022 2:06 am

I'd take Hartenstein or Mo Bomba over him. I'd be ok with him, but wouldn't want to break the bank. If he's your backup center, you want 4 other backups that can all score the ball which doesn't fit with Hayes IMO.

Hayes - Diallo - Livers - Bagley - Robinson backup unit just doesn't have enough scoring.

Sexton - Diallo - Livers - Bagley - Robinson backup unit I'd be ok with.

Cade - Ivey(or Sharpe) - Bey - Grant - Stewart starters.

I'm sure we're not likely to get Sexton to come in at a slightly above MLE deal to play backup guard for us.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#24 » by Pharaoh » Sun Jun 5, 2022 2:20 am

bstein14 wrote:I'd take Hartenstein or Mo Bomba over him. I'd be ok with him, but wouldn't want to break the bank. If he's your backup center, you want 4 other backups that can all score the ball which doesn't fit with Hayes IMO.

Hayes - Diallo - Livers - Bagley - Robinson backup unit just doesn't have enough scoring.

Sexton - Diallo - Livers - Bagley - Robinson backup unit I'd be ok with.

Cade - Ivey(or Sharpe) - Bey - Grant - Stewart starters.

I'm sure we're not likely to get Sexton to come in at a slightly above MLE deal to play backup guard for us.
Cavs would match a cheap offer on Sexton just so they could trade him later

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM Forums mobile app
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,679

Post#25 » by Cowology » Sun Jun 5, 2022 2:22 am

mattao313 wrote:I'd go around 14mil a year at the highest

Cowology wrote:I really don't understand this fan bases obsession with playing 5v4 the entire game.

It not about going 5v4 all game we can literally play him like 25min+ and go small. We'd be paying him bench player money to basically be a part time starter. It'd make us a more versatile team.

There is a lot wrong here. For starters the purpose behind acquiring Robinson would be to split minutes with Stewart, which is how we get to 48 minutes of 5v4. You don't spend on Mitch and then bench Stewart so you can play "small". If you don't intend to play both, then no real reason to sign Robinson in the 1st place since statistically Stewart is just as good a defender and he's actually a better floor spacer.

Robinson brings some different skills such as shotblocking, but in terms of how important that is we're probably at an all-time low. This is a perimeter oriented league. Robinson does provide more athleticism and above the rim play, but Bagley does that same thing while actually having some offensive game. What you are suggesting actually makes us less versatile. Stewart/Bagley gives us more options than Robinson/Stewart.

Some posters have developed this crazy narrative that Robinson is a huge upgrade over Stewart because he's more athletic and blocks shots, but the metrics just don't back it up. Doesn't really pass the eye test either. At best Robinson is a marginal upgrade. That's not where you want to spend your FA dollars. If you are going to spend, then spend for IMPACT and upgrade CoJo. Heck, I don't love it but go spend on Ayton. At least that is a meaningful upgrade. Robinson just doesn't move the needle enough for what he's going to cost. That's a treadmill move that fringe playoff teams make. We need to be better than that.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#26 » by Manocad » Mon Jun 6, 2022 12:56 pm

I wouldn't.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#27 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Jun 6, 2022 1:08 pm

MItch be a solid backup at about $7-9 mil per.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,301

Post#28 » by Kalamazoo317 » Mon Jun 6, 2022 1:14 pm

mattao313 wrote:
tmorgan wrote:Don’t want Mitch. If you think Killian mucks up our offense (he does), try playing a big that can’t muscle anyone and can’t shoot at all. Defense is fairly good. Sounds like “center Killian” to me. Hard pass.
Nah a limited big on offense can work a guard that is a total negative on offense is a whole other argument.

Hayes passes well and playmakes for others. Doesn't sound like that's part of Mitch's skillset. So pretty apples and oranges comparison all around other than they both can't shoot.
bjones521
Pro Prospect
And1: 392

Post#29 » by bjones521 » Mon Jun 6, 2022 1:15 pm

Exactly, Dont want a big that can get played out a game. If You can switch a wing on him I dont want him.

Return to Detroit Pistons