ImageImageImage

Pistons interested now with Hayward and Pick from Hornets...

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,374

Re: Pistons interested now with Hayward and Pick from Hornets... 

Post#41 » by Spider156 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:05 am

MotownMadness wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:The Knicks acquired Duran, and then sent the Pistons Duren and Kemba Walker for cap space apparently.

HOLY ****. WEAVER YOU BEAUTIFUL BASTARD

They really want Brunson that bad? Would imagine they still have to find a taker for Fournier but why are they so confident Brunson even wants to go there?

Dad is assistant coach and Brunson is unrestricted. Dallas loses Brunson here.
Defense wins championships
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#42 » by edmunder_prc » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:07 am

theBigLip wrote:Kemba has just 1 year at 9M. Great deal!

Some Knicks fan was saying "is it just 9 or the full 36"? I have no idea what means.

9M is not much. What did we take on with DeAndre Jordan for a 2nd round pick?
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,906

Post#43 » by MotownMadness » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:11 am

Spider156 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:The Knicks acquired Duran, and then sent the Pistons Duren and Kemba Walker for cap space apparently.

They really want Brunson that bad? Would imagine they still have to find a taker for Fournier but why are they so confident Brunson even wants to go there?

Forget he was a UFA
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,331

Post#44 » by Kalamazoo317 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:57 am

Well, I like the Grant trade better now!
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#45 » by DetroitSho » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:03 am

edmunder_prc wrote:
theBigLip wrote:Kemba has just 1 year at 9M. Great deal!

Some Knicks fan was saying "is it just 9 or the full 36"? I have no idea what means.

9M is not much. What did we take on with DeAndre Jordan for a 2nd round pick?
Kemba woulda been making $36 this year if he played out his original contract with Boston. But Boston traded him to OKC and they bought him out, and he then signed a 2 year deal with NY. The fact that someone would ask that question is beyond strange. That contract no longer exists.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#46 » by DetroitSho » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:04 am

Spider156 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:

What if NY drives up the price and Dallas ponies up? Literally both teams lose lowkey.

bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,084

Post#47 » by bstein14 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:06 am

There is no good reason to not save at least $3 million on that contract. The minimum salary for a 10 year vet is $2.866 million. In reality we should save $4 or $5 million but I know its a client of Cade's agent.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,874

Post#48 » by zeebneeb » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:06 am

DetroitSho wrote:
Spider156 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote: They really want Brunson that bad? Would imagine they still have to find a taker for Fournier but why are they so confident Brunson even wants to go there?

What if NY drives up the price and Dallas ponies up? Literally both teams lose lowkey.

NY is a horribly run franchise, so I expect them to lose somehow.

Taking a run at an undersized 2 gaurd is right up their alley though.
Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,374

Post#49 » by Spider156 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:25 am

zeebneeb wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
Spider156 wrote:Dad is assistant coach and Brunson is unrestricted. Dallas loses Brunson here.

NY is a horribly run franchise, so I expect them to lose somehow.

Taking a run at an undersized 2 gaurd is right up their alley though.

I agree Knicks suck as an organization. I believe in this instance Brunson is gonna want to be coached under his father. I just see it happening because it makes so much sense. I don’t mind them getting him.
Defense wins championships
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#50 » by Liqourish » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:47 am

First few posts of this thread is hilarious.
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 476

Post#51 » by DetroitDon15 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:33 am

I think the big key/takeaway is that we got Duren for taking Kemba. Last season we took the Jordan deal and only came away with a collection of seconds. Much better outcome this year for sure.
Notanoob
Analyst
And1: 1,187

Post#52 » by Notanoob » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:02 pm

I'm still down to take a pick for Hayward's salary and cut him or buy him out. Same stuff OKC's been doing, and we don't need to blow a ton of money on anyone in this FA class.
Kalamazoo317
Veteran

Post#53 » by Kalamazoo317 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:05 am

Notanoob wrote:I'm still down to take a pick for Hayward's salary and cut him or buy him out. Same stuff OKC's been doing, and we don't need to blow a ton of money on anyone in this FA class.

Why cut Hayward? He's a pretty good player when he's healthy and we need another player in the front court.
Notanoob
Analyst
And1: 1,187

Post#54 » by Notanoob » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:54 am

Kalamazoo317 wrote:
Notanoob wrote:I'm still down to take a pick for Hayward's salary and cut him or buy him out. Same stuff OKC's been doing, and we don't need to blow a ton of money on anyone in this FA class.

Why cut Hayward? He's a pretty good player when he's healthy and we need another player in the front court.

I don't disagree that he's good and we could use another forward, but there's no need to keep him around when he won't be a part of our future. He's getting older too, let him go play for a good team instead of taking touches away from Cade. Just IMO though, I wouldn't be too mad if we decided to keep him, but I'd rather suck for one more year and try to grab another young piece while letting our core guys take the wheel.
Kalamazoo317
Veteran

Post#55 » by Kalamazoo317 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:58 am

He's a connective playmaker. I'm not worried about him dominating the ball in iso. And it's healthy for a team to have a mix of young players and vets. Who else are the young players supposed to learn from? Brown and Tatum seem to be developing just fine, despite having Hayward, Horford, and even Looney Tunes Kyrie in the rotation with them when they were younger.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#56 » by chrbal » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:05 am

Notanoob wrote:
Kalamazoo317 wrote:

I don't disagree that he's good and we could use another forward, but there's no need to keep him around when he won't be a part of our future. He's getting older too, let him go play for a good team instead of taking touches away from Cade. Just IMO though, I wouldn't be too mad if we decided to keep him, but I'd rather suck for one more year and try to grab another young piece while letting our core guys take the wheel.

If you go get Hayward, he’s a Piston for at least a season. He’s owed like $60 million, you cut him right away you just paid that much for whatever pick(s) you got.

Other then which way the pick goes, this would be the sequel to Blake joining the Pistons.

And in all honesty, I’m pretty sure this thread started because the idea was Charlotte would give up 13 or 15 to get a team to take him. We convinced New York they needed Charlottes 13th overall for us to take Walker. We wouldn’t be able to repeat that until the next draft where a team gets desperate to get off a contract and we know what pick we’re getting.

I don’t want us to get Hayward, I’m convinced Weaver still has a few teams in mind to pillage in a trade and $30 million a season for Hayward is to much money for to few assets.

Return to Detroit Pistons