ImageImageImage

The Race To The Bottom - theBigLip Tank Machine

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,103

Re: The Race To The Bottom - theBigLip Tank Machine 

Post#201 » by NYPiston » Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:22 pm

Amazing that the Pistons have lost 10 in a row and are still right there with Houston and San Antonio. What a **** pile of teams in the bowels of the league. At least the Pistons have the excuse of having missed their best player all season, the Rockets and Spurs have had their top players healthy for the most part.
NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,103

Post#202 » by NYPiston » Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:32 pm

Kilo wrote:This overt tank has been gross. Weaver is Hinkie. I hope a team like Portland wins the lottery over rewarding ugly basketball on purpose. And it's not "Hey Cade went down" because any team bringing back Casey wasn't trying to do anything other than tank still.

You kidding?
First of all, the Pistons have been treadmilling forever so we deserve some high picks and secondly, the Pistons have been screwed by the lottery every single year except one so we're due a win or two.
Thirdly, how can any Pistons fan not want their team to win the lottery? For shame...

I will say though if there's one franchise that deserves Wemby, it's Portland. I can't think of a more hard luck franchise so I wouldn't be mad if they won the lottery, if not the Pistons.
DET_Athletics
Pro Prospect
And1: 213

Post#203 » by DET_Athletics » Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:28 am

It will all be worth it if we can walk away with one of Brandon Miller or VW.

Sent from my SM-S908U using RealGM mobile app
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,704

Post#204 » by zeebneeb » Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:01 am

Somehow the Spurs are up 10 on the Nuggets with 9 to go in the fourth.

Would be huge if they can pull it out.
Homelander87
Junior
And1: 71

Post#205 » by Homelander87 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:20 am

Would be nice if the Spurs could hold on here.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,704

Post#206 » by zeebneeb » Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:23 am

Spurs win, and now have a 2 game lead on the Pistons/Rockets.

Becoming a two team race for futility!
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#207 » by DBC10 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:48 pm

JNewton wrote:
Kilo wrote:This overt tank has been gross. Weaver is Hinkie. I hope a team like Portland wins the lottery over rewarding ugly basketball on purpose. And it's not "Hey Cade went down" because any team bringing back Casey wasn't trying to do anything other than tank still.

After the Pistons spent an entire decade fruitlessly chasing the 8 seed, and oftentimes going on "Pride" winning streaks late in seasons when their opponents had gone into full tank mode, resulting in the torpedoing of their draft position and consistently picking in the 7-10 range, I welcome doing what gives the greatest mathematical probability at a top pick. But that's me.

Absolutely. There's no such thing as a moral victory chasing winning streaks late into the season when it's already a lost one and not close. I'm glad we got shoulder impingements and knee contusions on our side and taking fully advantage of it when there's potentially a beast of a player in VW waiting to be drafted
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#208 » by ComboGuardCity » Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:42 pm

Win streak has nothing to do with Wemby though. Either way 1-3 odds are the same
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,762

Post#209 » by theBigLip » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:35 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:Win streak has nothing to do with Wemby though. Either way 1-3 odds are the same

True but…
The worst records sequence the “floor”. Any of the top teams can drop 4 slots in a worst case scenario. So the worst record is guaranteed at least the 5th pick, 2nd worst the 6th pick, etc. So while the odds of getting #1 are the same, positioning still matters.
Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,371

Post#210 » by Spider156 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:36 pm

We suck because we have nonexistent defense, worse I’ve ever seen. Also we have no real talent past Cade and Ivey. Next most talented is Wiseman. Should tell you enough about how the rebuild is going. I think all the players we drafted Killian Bey and Stewart are all role players and out of the league at best. Seems Wiseman is the most talented of the bunch in that draft.
Defense wins championships
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#211 » by MotownMadness » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:06 pm

theBigLip wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:Win streak has nothing to do with Wemby though. Either way 1-3 odds are the same

True but…
The worst records sequence the “floor”. Any of the top teams can drop 4 slots in a worst case scenario. So the worst record is guaranteed at least the 5th pick, 2nd worst the 6th pick, etc. So while the odds of getting #1 are the same, positioning still matters.

Exactly
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#212 » by edmunder_prc » Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:08 pm

Spider156 wrote:We suck because we have nonexistent defense, worse I’ve ever seen. Also we have no real talent past Cade and Ivey. Next most talented is Wiseman. Should tell you enough about how the rebuild is going. I think all the players we drafted Killian Bey and Stewart are all role players and out of the league at best. Seems Wiseman is the most talented of the bunch in that draft.

Most talented for a guy like Wiseman is like saying my Mega Millions ticket can win more than your scratch off, so its a better ticket.

Josh Jackson had amazing potential with a warrior attitude to go with it. Problem is his brain and being a dumb ass.
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,325

Post#213 » by Mr Peanut » Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:09 am

Spider156 wrote:We suck because we have nonexistent defense, worse I’ve ever seen. Also we have no real talent past Cade and Ivey. Next most talented is Wiseman. Should tell you enough about how the rebuild is going. I think all the players we drafted Killian Bey and Stewart are all role players and out of the league at best. Seems Wiseman is the most talented of the bunch in that draft.

I think Duren belongs in the conversation with Cade and Ivey in terms of talent. But agreed, Hayes/Bey/Stewart have all transpired to be bench players from that draft, at least Wiseman still has potential to be something greater.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,762

Post#214 » by theBigLip » Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:44 am

Mr Peanut wrote:

I think Duren belongs in the conversation with Cade and Ivey in terms of talent. But agreed, Hayes/Bey/Stewart have all transpired to be bench players from that draft, at least Wiseman still has potential to be something greater.

Totally agree. Duren is still younger than a lot of this year’s draftees. Cade/Ivey/Duren is what we build on. I also think Stewart and Livers can stay around as role players as long as we can keep them at a reasonable salary. Hopefully Wiseman can be included in that group too. And our top 5 pick had better be a very good starter or else we f—cked up the draft. We need to do some work to fill in the rest of the holes on the roster. And rethink the coach.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#215 » by Pharaoh » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:42 am

theBigLip wrote:
Mr Peanut wrote:

Totally agree. Duren is still younger than a lot of this year’s draftees. Cade/Ivey/Duren is what we build on. I also think Stewart and Livers can stay around as role players as long as we can keep them at a reasonable salary. Hopefully Wiseman can be included in that group too. And our top 5 pick had better be a very good starter or else we f—cked up the draft. We need to do some work to fill in the rest of the holes on the roster. And rethink the coach.
Cade, Ivey, Duren, Stewart, Livers, Wiseman, Bojan & a top 5 pick gives us 8 dudes.

Plus our cap space, Diallo (hopefully) = 10

Duren - Wiseman
Stewart - Bojan (Bagley)
Top 5 pick - Livers
Ivey - Diallo
Cade - FA - (Ivey) - (Hayes)

Still young af but potentially could become something of real quality

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM Forums mobile app
Menace2Sobriety
Sophomore
And1: 78

Post#216 » by Menace2Sobriety » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:11 pm

All due respect to Stewart, but he should be a bench big for a playoff team. Yes, he’s still young and developing, but IMO he’ll always be limited physically. My preference entering into next year:

Duren/Bagley
Wiseman/Stewart
Bogs/#5 Pick/Livers
Ivey/Burks/Diallo
Cade/Hayes

That’s 12 + all our cap space (minus signing Diallo).

THE most important acquisition is a new coach.
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,503

Post#217 » by whitehops » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:44 pm

I think pencilling in diallo on the roster next season is silly considering we have the ability to acquire a clear upgrade over him.

Acquiring better players is usually a pretty good strategy to having a better team.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#218 » by Pharaoh » Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:05 pm

whitehops wrote:I think pencilling in diallo on the roster next season is silly considering we have the ability to acquire a clear upgrade over him.

Acquiring better players is usually a pretty good strategy to having a better team.
I think some of us are just fans of him and would like to keep him around

flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Post#219 » by flow » Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:24 pm

Pharaoh wrote:
whitehops wrote:I think pencilling in diallo on the roster next season is silly considering we have the ability to acquire a clear upgrade over him.

This (both quotes) is far more applicable to Livers than to Diallo.
Menace2Sobriety
Sophomore
And1: 78

Post#220 » by Menace2Sobriety » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:13 am

Pharaoh wrote:

I do like the versatility and athleticism Diallo brings, which is very different to anyone else. Both he and Livers can contribute to the second unit IMO.

Equally, I understand the need to upgrade and for me, it would be Burks then Bogs.

Return to Detroit Pistons