Paul George on Jalen Duren

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,776

Re: Paul George on Jalen Duren 

Post#21 » by Snakebites » Thu Apr 6, 2023 12:44 pm

MortSahlfan wrote:At first, I thought Weaver was great, but now I'm not so sure. Getting the #1 pick helps, and getting Duren/Ivey, and a Top 3 pick this summer.

Keep your fingers crossed for that top 3 pick.

Even at the worst record in the league the odds of a top 3 pick come in at just under 40 percent.
Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,371

Post#22 » by Spider156 » Thu Apr 6, 2023 2:02 pm

I think people are blowing smoke on here freaking out

Duren started the last two games. So Casey and Weaver are developing him appropriately

Wiseman started because why not? Not like Duren is ready to stay on the court out of foul trouble and he got hurt early right when wiseman came in and now he's starting again.

Duren is better than Wiseman I think that's clear to everyone on the Pistons. With wiseman I can see him being used as trade bait but I can also see him staying to play 15-20min a game off the bench with Bagley the odd man out. I could even see Stewart leaving on the right trade as well.

None of this matters because Wenbenyama changes the composition of our bigs, so focus on that first.

Baby Dwight Howard was runner up to rookie of the year gentlemen, it's not close at the moment to compare the two. Although all the tools are there.
Defense wins championships
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 473

Post#23 » by MortSahlfan » Thu Apr 6, 2023 2:48 pm

I really can't stand the idea of using people as bait.. "Showcasing".. I heard Casey talk about accountability. Play the best guys.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,965

Post#24 » by tmorgan » Fri Apr 7, 2023 3:53 am

MortSahlfan wrote:I really can't stand the idea of using people as bait.. "Showcasing".. I heard Casey talk about accountability. Play the best guys.

100%… when you’re trying to win. Once Cade went down, any slim hope of trying for a playoff spot went out the window. Killian did a fine job getting us losses for all but about six weeks of the season. Wiseman contributes in the same fashion.

I refuse to believe Weaver and Casey are idiots. Imperfect, certainly, especially Casey, but they certainly know terrible players from decent ones from good ones. We’ve let multiple terrible-to-mediocre players rack up minutes this year in the hopes of developing them AND getting as high a pick as possible.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,079

Post#25 » by MrBigShot » Fri Apr 7, 2023 8:29 am

if weaver extends wiseman i'm done with him
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,304

Post#26 » by Kalamazoo317 » Fri Apr 7, 2023 4:42 pm

Bagley starting over Duren is what y'all should question, not Wiseman. Wiseman and Duren starting together looked pretty good against the Heat, IMO, and wasn't the reason they lost.
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,509

Post#27 » by whitehops » Sat May 27, 2023 10:19 pm

not sure where to post this but I didn't even know it was possible to a through the legs dunk from a standstill:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/vJoTq7CofWo
kierkegaard
Freshman
And1: 39

Post#28 » by kierkegaard » Sun May 28, 2023 1:02 am

whitehops wrote:not sure where to post this but I didn't even know it was possible to a through the legs dunk from a standstill:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/vJoTq7CofWo

Now that's a first for my eyes. Impressive!
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,965

Post#29 » by tmorgan » Sun May 28, 2023 1:30 am

Duren works hard. All the time. It’s really impressive.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#30 » by Pharaoh » Sun May 28, 2023 1:42 am

DAMN!

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM Forums mobile app
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,762

Post#31 » by theBigLip » Tue May 30, 2023 5:36 am

That’s totally sick. Very excited to see him next season.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#32 » by ComboGuardCity » Tue May 30, 2023 7:48 am

Is that 10 feet?
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,349

Post#33 » by buzzkilloton » Tue May 30, 2023 8:55 am

Agree with PG13 completely. As he said I hope we dont "stunt his growth".

Weavers self admitted "love of centers" went to far with adding Wiseman. We didnt need another developmental big we hit on a stud who was the youngest player ITL last season. The only bigs we should of been adding are ones that have synergy with Durens skillset to make him better like a Hendricks or a vet that could teach Duren the way.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,725

Post#34 » by zeebneeb » Tue May 30, 2023 11:23 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:Agree with PG13 completely. As he said I hope we dont "stunt his growth".

Weavers self admitted "love of centers" went to far with adding Wiseman. We didnt need another developmental big we hit on a stud who was the youngest player ITL last season. The only bigs we should of been adding are ones that have synergy with Durens skillset to make him better like a Hendricks or a vet that could teach Duren the way.
I also agree with this. I also have no problem with pairing Duren with one of our current bigs, but the SF position absolutely has to addressed by adding a 3-D player.

I like Bojan, but he is so poor defensively, it's insane. Him and Bey together on the floor was a joke(both were in the bottom 6 of all NBA players)so Bey was dealt.

Cade
Ivey
OG/Herb
Stewart
Duren

If Stewart is hitting 35% from deep, that lineup is really damn good. It'll obviously take time to gel, and grow together, but offensive potential is high, as is defensive potential.

I also really want to add a vet with an edge like Beverly, to teach the team to play balls out.
mercury
Head Coach
And1: 679

Post#35 » by mercury » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:08 am

Since my topic was removed. Monty said on the ticket that Duren could be a top 10 player in the league.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#36 » by Pharaoh » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:10 am

mercury wrote:Since my topic was removed. Monty said on the ticket that Duren could be a top 10 player in the league.
Why was it removed?

Anyway my reply to Monty saying that is it's typical hype man stuff from a new coach

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM Forums mobile app
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,048

Post#37 » by bstein14 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:17 am

Duren has huge upside. He was actually more IQ ready for the NBA than I thought... my original thought he was coming in as a super young incredible athlete.... but he has a better feel for the game at 18 than Drummond really ever had for us. It's part of the reason the Wiseman trade was so perplexing after we already also had Bagley on board.... we shouldn't be doing anything that takes away from developing Duren into the best player he can be.... he is easily top three from last year's draft class as far a upside potential because he is so young and he does have such great physical tools.... but also because you can see he has the right mindset in what he's doing. He pretty quickly became the player I was most excited about watching play last season.

Return to Detroit Pistons