ImageImageImage

Halliberton,Mitchell & Booker all were drafed later.(Hire Me)

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,549

Re: Halliberton,Mitchell & Booker all were drafed later.(Hire Me) 

Post#21 » by ComboGuardCity » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:48 am

At least we scouted all those guys. I’m pretty sure we never worked out Ellenson and Sekou because we thought they’d be gone.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#22 » by chrbal » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:57 am

Obviously any of those 3 would’ve been great for us. But Haliburton being so obvious (to me in retrospect), and then him saying how much he wanted to be here, is the one that bothers me the most.

Meanwhile Killian still doesn’t have a two way offer. And when you google him, it’s just random reporters speculating about why he’d be a good pickup for whatever team.

I remember posting something like “Hayes or Haliburton, either one will be fine”. Boy was I wrong
Rip32
Rookie
And1: 184

Post#23 » by Rip32 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:33 pm

Canadafan wrote:Lord. Just move on, I can't stand when people talk about woulda coulda shoulda. Negative nancies. Not just directed at OP.

The problem is the Pistons continue to make the same mistake over and over again. Drafting Cade over Mobley is another terrible decision by the front office.

:nod: DETROIT VS EVERYBODY :nod:

I have no love for rogue moderators who abuse their authority
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,188

Post#24 » by Laimbeer » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:57 pm

2020 #7 Hayes
2021 #1 Cunningham
2022 #5 Ivey
2023 #5 Thompson

Any of those guys ever going to be an all-star? Cade, maybe, but he was #1 overall and we still aren't sure. Weaver has been awful with high picks, and those are the heartbeat of any tank/rebuild process.

In fairness, some of his trades and free agent signings have been good. But they just aren't nearly as impactful.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,831

Post#25 » by theBigLip » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:19 pm

Rip32 wrote:
Canadafan wrote:Lord. Just move on, I can't stand when people talk about woulda coulda shoulda. Negative nancies. Not just directed at OP.

The problem is the Pistons continue to make the same mistake over and over again. Drafting Cade over Mobley is another terrible decision by the front office.

That DECISION certainly wasn’t “terrible”. Debatable? Sure. No one knew Cade would be out w injuries for so long, which slowed his and our team’s development. And Mobley seems to have plateaued a bit after his sensational rookie year.

And DECISION is different than the RUSULT. One can make a good decision and the result might be not so good. Cade was considered a unanimous pick for #1.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,379

Post#26 » by buzzkilloton » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:27 am

If your GM isnt doing a well above average job he should be replaced. This is a coveted job that makes millions of dollars per year. You dont hold them to the standard of sportsnation writer or RealGM fan thats absurd.

Every season you have a average or worse GM is a season where you could miss out on hiring someone that can take you to greatness. Even the Lions eventually found a great GM we can to. When you find the right guy it wont be some argument about if hes worth keeping around year 4 of a rebuild where you had a historically long losing streak thats for sure.

If you let a GM on the hot seat make decisions about the future of your franchise that they wont be here for it makes your job less attractive for any good GMs that hit the market.
Rip32
Rookie
And1: 184

Post#27 » by Rip32 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:02 pm

theBigLip wrote:
Rip32 wrote:

That DECISION certainly wasn’t “terrible”. Debatable? Sure. No one knew Cade would be out w injuries for so long, which slowed his and our team’s development. And Mobley seems to have plateaued a bit after his sensational rookie year.

And DECISION is different than the RUSULT. One can make a good decision and the result might be not so good. Cade was considered a unanimous pick for #1.

Unanimous pick by who? Scouts and gms are paid to lie. If Weaver actually scouted both players, it was an easy decision to make. Not only did Mobley have the physical traits but he had the heart as well

:nod: DETROIT VS EVERYBODY :nod:

I have no love for rogue moderators who abuse their authority
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,831

Post#28 » by theBigLip » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:10 am

Rip32 wrote:
theBigLip wrote:
Rip32 wrote:The problem is the Pistons continue to make the same mistake over and over again. Drafting Cade over Mobley is another terrible decision by the front office.

Unanimous pick by who? Scouts and gms are paid to lie. If Weaver actually scouted both players, it was an easy decision to make. Not only did Mobley have the physical traits but he had the heart as well

Now this is getting silly. Look up any reporting on that draft. Anyone with any credibility said that Cade was #1. Afterward, when Mobley had a good rookie season, there was more discussion about what the right pick was, but not during the draft.

Scouts are not paid to lie. GMs do though. Although they can be honest after the fact when it doesn't matter anymore.
joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,086

Post#29 » by joedumars1 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:47 pm

theBigLip wrote:
Rip32 wrote:
theBigLip wrote:

Now this is getting silly. Look up any reporting on that draft. Anyone with any credibility said that Cade was #1. Afterward, when Mobley had a good rookie season, there was more discussion about what the right pick was, but not during the draft.

Scouts are not paid to lie. GMs do though. Although they can be honest after the fact when it doesn't matter anymore.
yeah cade/mobley were my #1 and #2, but the consensus was cade, so I watched cade and I was like **** yeah I can see why this guy is #1 consensus prospect. He’s shown it in the nba also, but last year was lost, this year can’t take much positive from anyone. Like no consistency at all, so many different problems, injuries, Monty being a terrible coach. I’m not sure Mobley has even taken that huge leap from him the year one he had. Cade was consensu #1 by far. Green was consensus 2 if my serves me right.

Return to Detroit Pistons