ImageImageImage

Amir Johnson Proposal

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

STChaser
Starter
And1: 0

Amir Johnson Proposal 

Post#1 » by STChaser » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:14 pm

Seems like Amir is stuck behind McDyes, Brezec, and Maxiell. Ironically, he would most likely start for the Sixers. Out of curiosity, I'm wondering what Detroit would want from us seeing how it is that Flip refuses to use the kid and that you've got a plethora of decent 4's already on your roster. I'm guessing everyone except Iguodala, Louis Williams, Miller, Sam, and Thaddeus would be up for auction. We have some interesting young pieces like Willie Green, a Detroit native who's a very nice defender and can create his own shot, Rodney Carney, who has potential but isn't getting minutes here behind Iguodala, Green, and Thaddeus, Jason Smith, who at 7' is a nice prospect at PF, and a superb rebounder but offensively limited Reggie Evans.

I wonder if Flip would be interested in any of these pieces or potentially our 2009 1st round pick we got from Utah in the Korver trade?

STChaser
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

Re: Amir Johnson Proposal 

Post#2 » by roc » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:26 pm

STChaser wrote:I'm guessing everyone except Iguodala, Louis Williams, Miller, Sam, and Thaddeus would be up for auction.

I'm guessing Philly is just SOL then. Seriously, WTF do we want with Willie Green or anyone else not named Iggy or Thad, and to a lesser extent Daly and L Will?

Are ya trying to force Cow out of retirement with this weak proposal? :o
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#3 » by ajaX82 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:34 pm

Well Jason Smith is alright, but again hes a 4, so were back to square one with him not getting minutes here. so no thanx
jab
Starter
And1: 3
Location: Detroit: Where only the strong survive cause the weak are eaten alive!

Post#4 » by jab » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:50 pm

r0cd0gg wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm guessing Philly is just SOL then. Seriously, WTF do we want with Willie Green or anyone else not named Iggy or Thad, and to a lesser extent Daly and L Will?

Are ya trying to force Cow out of retirement with this weak proposal? :o

:rofl:
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#5 » by Liqourish » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:57 pm

I actually really like Jason Smith. But I don't know if Dumars would trade Amir at this point. If Amir is traded, he'll be included in a bigger deal than a straight up swap. But a Jason Smtih type player would be a good piece to get back in a trade.
leevii
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#6 » by leevii » Mon Jan 7, 2008 10:21 pm

STChaser wrote:I'm guessing everyone except Iguodala, Louis Williams, Miller, Sam, and Thaddeus would be up for auction.

Pretty funny right there. It's usually good to not go on some other team's message board and practically say: "I want your team's player who would start on our team but don't want to give up quite literally anything of value".
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,019

Post#7 » by bstein14 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 10:36 pm

Let's not overvalue Amir's trade value here.

Any team that wanted to take a chance on him by giving him the MLE for 3 years could have possibly gotten him.

Amir hasn't shown a whole lot, lately, and perhaps could be that young piece we could move for a rotation player to put us over the top this season.

That said, I'm not sure anyone from Philly really does that for us.
nasty daddy
RealGM
And1: 6

Post#8 » by nasty daddy » Mon Jan 7, 2008 10:42 pm

I read in the Pistons mail bag, that Seattle was after a trade some time ago involving Maxiell and Amir for Seattles Chris Wilcox.
jab
Starter
Location: Detroit: Where only the strong survive cause the weak are eaten alive!

Post#9 » by jab » Mon Jan 7, 2008 10:57 pm

bstein14 wrote:Let's not overvalue Amir's trade value here.

Any team that wanted to take a chance on him by giving him the MLE for 3 years could have possibly gotten him.

Amir hasn't shown a whole lot, lately, and perhaps could be that young piece we could move for a rotation player to put us over the top this season.

That said, I'm not sure anyone from Philly really does that for us.

Oh wait, I've got it now It's 2008

Amir has moved into Mad Max's old spot of being the person whom we entertain offers of trading him for a rotation player who makes less than 4 million a year that's going to put us over the top.

I can't wait until 2009 Aaron A will be discussed for scraps......
srt4b
Head Coach
And1: 93

Post#10 » by srt4b » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:14 am

We really have no need to trade any of our young guys. We aren't going to get a starter for any of them that will improve our chances at winning the title this year.

Might as well keep the big 4 1/2 & keep the young guys earning time.

Aaron & Max had earn theirs and they have been great. Amir will get his chance late this year and early next.
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,148

Post#11 » by ElectricMayhem » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:18 am

There's no way Amir gets traded unless it is part of a deal that we feel will put us over the top for a championship this year. It would be more likely that Joe trades Brezec's expiring somewhere to force Flip to play the youngsters yet again.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,928

Post#12 » by Uncle Mxy » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:34 am

I have a zany madcap alternate proposal -- LET'S PLAY HIM!

<sigh>
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

Post#13 » by roc » Tue Jan 8, 2008 2:13 am

Uncle Mxy wrote:I have a zany madcap alternate proposal -- LET'S PLAY HIM!

<sigh>

QFMFT from the 5th dimension.
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
mattyj
Veteran
And1: 247

Post#14 » by mattyj » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:02 am

Jason Smith being offered? The man we passed on in the draft just gone?

I like Carney as a player but not for Amir
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 3,981

Post#15 » by BDM22 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 7:19 am

Thaddeus is the only guy on the sixers roster (aside from Iggy) that is all that intriguing. No one in a conract within Amir's range would crack the Pistons rotation, so their potential would have to be very close to Amir, and they would have to fill a future need. Thaddeus is the only guy close to that. Though it's questionable if Joe would pull the trigger on that.
BDM22
RealGM

Post#16 » by BDM22 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 7:24 am

bstein14 wrote:Let's not overvalue Amir's trade value here.

Not exactly. Joe made it well known he would match any offer. Teams didn't want to have their MLE held hostage while the Pistons wait to match.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,019

Post#17 » by bstein14 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:02 am

BDM22 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Not exactly. Joe made it well known he would match any offer. Teams didn't want to have their MLE held hostage while the Pistons wait to match.

Wow Amir must be pretty **** pissed off about the millions of dollars Joe cost him.
BDM22
RealGM

Post#18 » by BDM22 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 10:04 am

bstein14 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Wow Amir must be pretty **** pissed off about the millions of dollars Joe cost him.

Well, that's just how these things work. It's not Joe's fault, it's how the CBA is setup.
Hunter
Sixth Man

Post#19 » by Hunter » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:11 am

We can't provide Amir w/ the minutes he needs and that isn't likely to change. Eventually we'll probably need to move either Maxiell or Amir for a C.

But IF his value is really this low then we're better off hanging onto him and hoping he eventually cracks the rotation.
STChaser
Starter
And1: 0

Post#20 » by STChaser » Tue Jan 8, 2008 2:14 pm

Thaddeus is the only guy close to that. Though it's questionable if Joe would pull the trigger on that.

No way are the Sixers going to give up Thaddeus for Amir. Thaddeus is only 19 and already showing signs of being a very good player. He's part of our long term plan. He's also on the verge of getting real minutes with this team. On the other hand, you guys are so stockpiled at PF that Amir will be lucky if he ever sees decent minutes. That being the case, I see no point in having him rotting away on your bench when he could be producing for another team. And truth be told, Jason Smith (if Stefanski would part with him) looks to be a decent player and has legit 7' height. I think Jason and perhaps Green or Carney for Amir would be more than fair.

STChaser

Return to Detroit Pistons