ImageImageImage

Amir Johnson Proposal

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Drwho17
Sixth Man
And1: 332

Post#61 » by Drwho17 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:20 pm

princeofthepalace, reread your own thread on the trade board.

I see, Kenny Thomas/John Salmons/Charlie Villanueva/Mickael Pietrus/Matt Barnes/Drew Gooden and mutliple 1st rounders for him. Only garbage deals are offered by Shrink and some other out of his mind character, wanting the Pistons to take absolute garbage from the worst team in the NBA for Amir Johnson.
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

Post#62 » by roc » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:29 pm

Drwho17 wrote:I see, Kenny Thomas/John Salmons/Charlie Villanueva/Mickael Pietrus/Matt Barnes/Drew Gooden and mutliple 1st rounders for him. Only garbage deals are offered by Shrink and some other out of his mind character, wanting the Pistons to take absolute garbage from the worst team in the NBA for Amir Johnson.

Crap offers, all of them with the LA Mihm and 2 1sts being by far the best.

KT/Salmons = 2nd worse ($12 mil in crap contracts = puke) behind only the Minny one that also had us tossing in Stuckey. Sure Salmons may be able play the backup 3 a bit better than Hayes but Thomas would rot on the pine. That makes Salmons arleady overpriced backup ass even more costly. Joe D is not gonna even contemplate garbage like that.
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#63 » by Liqourish » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:40 pm

I propose we keep the young guys and groom them for 3 yrs down the road when our core is done. :nod:

Stuckey
Afflalo
Prince/Hayes?/Herrmann?
Maxiell/Amir
draft pick?/Samb?
SportsFan215
Assistant Coach
And1: 60

Post#64 » by SportsFan215 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:13 pm

I proposed a Radmanovic/Mihm for Diop/Hassell to the Mavs a little while ago.

Now how about:

Lakers Get: Amir/Hassell
Lakers Give: Radmanovic/Mihm

Mavs Get: Radmanovic/Mihm
Mavs Give: Diop/Hassell

Pistons Get: Diop
Pistons Give: Amir

Amir comes homes to LA.

Mavs could use a sharp shooter like Radmanovic and Mihm replaces Diop for insurance.

How about the Diop for Amir swap?

Seems like he would fit what the Pistons are looking for.

Thoughts?
Hunter
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#65 » by Hunter » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:17 pm

SportsFan215 wrote:I proposed a Radmanovic/Mihm for Diop/Hassell to the Mavs a little while ago.

Now how about:

Lakers Get: Amir/Hassell
Lakers Give: Radmanovic/Mihm

Mavs Get: Radmanovic/Mihm
Mavs Give: Diop/Hassell

Pistons Get: Diop
Pistons Give: Amir

Amir comes homes to LA.

Mavs could use a sharp shooter like Radmanovic and Mihm replaces Diop for insurance.

How about the Diop for Amir swap?

Seems like he would fit what the Pistons are looking for.

Thoughts?
My thought is that is complete crap for any team not named the Lakers. Vlad has negative value - no chance he and Mihm land you a young prospect like Amir. Heck, I don't even think you could get Hassell alone for that package.
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#66 » by princeofpalace » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:18 pm

^
No thanks

Diop is not a good player at all and Amir has considerable upside. Detroit holds onto him. '

All the trades including Amir have been terrible thus far DrWho, yeah the Mihm + 2 first offer is the best one so far but those other players you have mentioned are terrible.

Also can you imagine how good Amir would be after learning from Kareem, the Johnson/Bynum front court would be insane in a few years.
JustinSane
Bench Warmer
And1: 62

Post#67 » by JustinSane » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:50 pm

I'd think about that one a little bit.. I think Diop could be quite helpful and is a legit upgrade over Brezec. Still, don't think we'd do it.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#68 » by ajaX82 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:37 am

I would actually certainly consider that deal. Diop rebounds and blocks shots with the absolute best, and he is a legit 7 footer. Hes still pretty young too iirc.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,762

Post#69 » by theBigLip » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:58 am

I'd consider Diop for Amir. It does give us a young big for the future (and now).

Stuckey
Affalo
Prince
Max
Diop

Not a bad future core...
Hunter
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#70 » by Hunter » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:50 am

The thing with Diop is he really doesn't have an upside. He pretty much is what he is; a 15-20 mpg backup who can block a few shots & hit the glass, but who overall isn't a particularly strong defender and with no offensive game. It's true he's relatively young (25) but it's also true he's virtually the same player he was 3 years ago.

He'd be a nice guy to have off the bench as the 8th or 9th man, but if you are projecting him as some sort of future cornerstone then you are reaching.
JES12 wrote:Bass just barley turned 23 and is a starting PF on any team without a 8 time all-NBA PF in front of him!

Return to Detroit Pistons