Palace Auburn Hills, Detroit, MI

ImageImageImageImageImage
Stuckey/Iverson/Prince/Johnson/Wallace

ImageImageImageImageImage
Alston/Wafer/Battier/Scola/Yao

INJURY REPORT
No injuries to report.

Image Luther Head Late Jan - Foot.
Image Ron Artest Out Indefinitely - Ankle.
Image Tracy McGrady Late Jan - Knee.

TEAM LEADERS
Image Allen Iverson
Image Antonio McDyess
Image Rasheed Wallace

Image Yao Ming
Image Rafer Alston
Image Ron Artest
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#2 » by ajaX82 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:33 pm

Well these games are never easy...
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,762

Post#3 » by theBigLip » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:48 pm

Looking forward to another game. After a quality win, I'm always psyched for the next one. These guys already had their upset this week - we should win, although it may be hard fought since it is on the road.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#4 » by theBigLip » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:50 pm

Was Adam Morrison a bust of a pick or what? If I'm a GM, I think I just make it a rule not to draft white guys (and I am one). He looked like a bust from day one.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,772

Post#5 » by Snakebites » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:45 pm

Feels like it could be a trap. Coming off a real solid win against the Spurs and playing a team that has given us fits in the past (though not really this season).

I still think this one's a win.

And Morrison was a TRAINWRECK of a pick. He was always one dimensional in college, which is why I wondered why everyone was so high on the guy. Trouble with him is, that that one dimension, his shooting touch, never translated to this level, rendering him entirely useless (though I never thought of him as much more than a potential role player anyway). Factor in the injuries and you have the worst non-Darko top 3 pick in recent years (with Darko getting the edge since there was so much more talent behind him in the draft order).

Of course, my perspective is a bit scewed since my Bruins were the ones who made him cry in his last college game. :lol:

That was a rare moment of vindictive pleasure for me.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#6 » by theBigLip » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:55 pm

Pistons#1 wrote:And Morrison was a TRAINWRECK of a pick. He was always one dimensional in college, which is why I wondered why everyone was so high on the guy. Trouble with him is, that that one dimension, his shooting touch, never translated to this level, rendering him entirely useless (though I never thought of him as much more than a potential role player anyway). Factor in the injuries and you have the worst non-Darko top 3 pick in recent years (with Darko getting the edge since there was so much more talent behind him in the draft order).

Of course, my perspective is a bit scewed since my Bruins were the ones who made him cry in his last college game. :lol:

That was a rare moment of vindictive pleasure for me.

You're a sick man :lol:

So they follow that pick up with Sean May? Bad GM...
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#7 » by Liqourish » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:48 pm

I actually really like the Richardson pick up for them, but the injuries and new coach have dampened their season. They were my fringe team for the playoffs in the preseason.

They are still only 3.5 games out of the playoffs; but their road record is atrocious. They need more mental toughness from their young guys to learn how to play well no matter where they are and they'd be a better team.

I expect them to play better the second half of the season but I don't know if it's enough to over take Indiana, Atlanta, Chicago and move into that 8th seed.
Dtown84
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#8 » by Dtown84 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 am

Bobcats giving people trouble lately, best not to take them lightly.
Train Wreck
Bench Warmer
And1: 40

Post#9 » by Train Wreck » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:03 am

That's a lot of hurt knee's on that team...
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,163

Post#10 » by ElectricMayhem » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:14 am

They should be spent having just gone into Double OT with the Cavs. Richardson, Wallace, and Felton all played 50-56 minutes.

Pistons should take it to them.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
srt4b
Head Coach
And1: 93

Post#11 » by srt4b » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:41 am

Nazr will go for 40/20/10/5/5
nasty daddy
RealGM
And1: 6

Post#12 » by nasty daddy » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:48 am

The Bobcats, on the road against the Cavaliers on Friday, are in the midst of a seven-game, 12-night stretch.
Hunter
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#13 » by Hunter » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:57 am

I'm sure the guys took note of them knocking off the Celts the other day, I doubt we sleep on them.

What I'd be worried about is Charlotte having the sort of players that can really take it to us on the offensive glass. We'll have to make a concerted effort not to give up a boatload of 2nd & 3rd chance pts. If we can do that, and limit them in transition we'll be fine. No easy pts for them.
JES12 wrote:Bass just barley turned 23 and is a starting PF on any team without a 8 time all-NBA PF in front of him!
nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#14 » by nasty daddy » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:36 am

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/ ... scori.html

The love will be flowing early tonight, considering this will be the first time former Piston Nazr Mohammed will face his former team since he was traded to Charlotte for Primoz Brezec and Walter Herrmann last month.

A number of Pistons have spoken with Mohammed since the trade."Nazr, he's a true professional," Pistons guard Lindsey Hunter said."He understands how this business works. We miss him, but at the same time, he's in a better situation as far as playing time is concerned."We all know that's something he really wanted."

In the 13 games Mohammed has played with Charlotte, he has averaged 10.9 points and 8.2 rebounds in 24.7 minutes per game. He had appeared in 21 games for Detroit, averaging 3.3 points and 3.5 rebounds while playing 10.9 minutes per game. Like Mohammed, Brezec has also kept in contact with his former teammates. After Charlotte's win against Boston, Brezec said he sent text messages to some of the Charlotte players that he's still close to."I know they work so hard," Brezec said. "I wish them well. I'm still friends with those guys. I can only say good things about those guys."

nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#15 » by nasty daddy » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:15 am

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti ... 20357/1051

Brezec was thrilled when he and forward Walter Herrmann landed in Detroit in last month's trade, even saying in his introductory news conference that he hopes to retire a Piston. After a month of playing spot minutes, his feelings haven't changed. He said he's still happy with the Pistons.

"Obviously, I want to play, but I'm patient," Brezec said. "I'm going to wait for my chance, and when it comes, I'll take advantage."

Brezec has played in 10 games for the Pistons, averaging six minutes. As for tonight, he said he looks at his return to Charlotte as nothing out of the ordinary. "I'm professional," Brezec said. "I take every game serious." But coach Flip Saunders joked he was worried Brezec -- who runs on the energetic side as it is -- might be a little too jazzed. "I might have to ban all the caffeine from the locker room," Saunders said.

Low-Ki
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#16 » by Low-Ki » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:56 pm

Let's showcase the hell out of Amir so maybe we could use him and Tay to acquire Crash...
Rip Hamilton is a stain on the Pistons franchise.
nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#17 » by nasty daddy » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:08 pm

http://www.nba.com/pistons/news/DETCHA_ ... eview.html

The skinny: Charlotte had lost seven of eight coming into the week before unlikely back-to-back Tuesday and Wednesday wins against two very hot teams. First the Bobcats ripped New Jersey, winners of five straight and seven of eight, at home. Then they really opened eyes, going to Boston
Low-Ki
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#18 » by Low-Ki » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:17 pm

I'll be surprised if Brezec is a Piston after the trade deadline and gobsmacked if he is a Piston come next season.
Rip Hamilton is a stain on the Pistons franchise.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,715

Post#19 » by zeebneeb » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:54 pm

lETS RIP SOME BOBACAT ASS, i GOT MY HUNTING KNIFE!

BREZEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#20 » by Liqourish » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:23 pm

^ :rofl:

Return to Detroit Pistons