ImageImageImage

Game 38: Detroit @ Knicks // Sun. 7pm on FSN Detroit

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#141 » by Liqourish » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:28 pm

No, the team as a whole played horrid (besides Dice and Amir).

Stuckey was driving to the lane, but he was dishing it out to the open Rip (1-7) in the corner who couldn't hit to save his life.

Tayshaun was 0-10 but his backup Jarvis was 0-5. :nonono: I find it no coincidence that since Saunders came out and said Herrmann was basically a PF and would be played as such, Jarvis went back to Arvis. :wavefinger:

Flip watched as the 11 pt deficit to start the third turned into a 25 pt deficit in 8 and a half minutes before he made a substitution. During that 8 minute stretch Dice grabbed 6 of the teams 13 rebounds, while 3 of those remaining rebounds were awarded to the team. Meaning the other starters not only shot poorly (3-12 for 25%), but could only grab 4 rebounds during that time and yet stayed in the game.

In the first 8 minutes of the fourth (Stuckey/Afflalo/Herrmann/Amir/Primoz), Afflalo makes a driving layup, Herrmann defensive board, Afflalo off. reb, Amir Def. reb., Herrmann makes 2pt shot, Brezec makes 14 ft jumper, Stuckey def. reb., Stuckey makes driving layup, Afflalo def. reb., Afflalo 2 free throws, Stuckey def. reb., Amir makes layup and1 (stuckey assists), Walter o-reb., Brezec def. reb., Stuckey 2 fts, Amir def. reb., Primoz o-reb, Primoz 2 fts. (5-7 shooting for 71%) (6-7 from the line)
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,787

Post#142 » by Snakebites » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:11 pm

A sign of how much I care about basketball compared to other sports:

My football team (the Chargers) just dethroned the defending Superbowl Champs in one of the biggest wins in franchise history, earning the right to play for a shot at the Superbowl, and because of this regular season loss I still havent decided if yesterday was a good day or a bad day.

I need help. :(
Dirtgrain
Sixth Man
And1: 61

Post#143 » by Dirtgrain » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:18 pm

Thanks Liqourish. That's depressing. I picked a good game to miss. Blech. Let it be the last game like that.
"Have you ever noticed how anyone driving faster than you is an [jerk] and anyone driving slower than you is a moron?" - George Carlin
Hyperbole is not a virtue.
Kyrama
RealGM
And1: 649

Post#144 » by Kyrama » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:08 pm

Pistons#1 wrote:A sign of how much I care about basketball compared to other sports:

My football team (the Chargers) just dethroned the defending Superbowl Champs in one of the biggest wins in franchise history, earning the right to play for a shot at the Superbowl, and because of this regular season loss I still havent decided if yesterday was a good day or a bad day.

I need help. :(

I know what you mean. My team upsets the Cowboys AND makes TO cry yet I'm still not happy.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,787

Post#145 » by Snakebites » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:30 pm

Kyrama wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I know what you mean. My team upsets the Cowboys AND makes TO cry yet I'm still not happy.

Chin up. I like your odds against the Packers better than ours against the Patties, especially with half of our offense hobbled, the best half no less. :(
nasty daddy
RealGM
And1: 6

Post#146 » by nasty daddy » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:56 pm

http://www.nba.com/pistons/news/langloi ... 80114.html

No attempt will be made here to mask the horror of the Pistons
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,977

Post#147 » by tmorgan » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:58 pm

Jeez, what kind of NBA wire story uses "peripatetic"? 99 people out of 100, including me, had to look that shiz up.
nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#148 » by nasty daddy » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:22 am

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime ... ime-080114

The cheers that filled Madison Square Garden were louder than they have been all season.

The reason? No, they weren't for the Knicks -- not even on a night when had their most unlikely and lopsided victory of the season, an 89-65 drubbing of the road-weary Detroit Pistons.

The cheers were so loud, in fact, that Nate Robinson actually motioned with his arms for the fans to quiet down so they would not distract Eddy Curry as he tried to avoid missing his fourth consecutive free throw. The gesture didn't work and Curry missed the free throw, but it mattered not one iota on a night when the anxiety and tension surrounding the Knicks evaporated when it quickly became apparent the Pistons were playing as lifelessly as attendees at a corpse convention.

nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#149 » by nasty daddy » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:26 am

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime ... ime-080114

Sunday's Worst Tayshaun Prince, Pistons forward:Accepting on behalf of the Pistons, it's Prince, who missed all 10 of his shots. He started this last five-game stretch with a 4-for-19 (21 percent) combined shooting effort in losses to Boston and Dallas, then warmed up to 18-for-33 (54.5 percent) in wins over San Antonio and Charlotte.

Return to Detroit Pistons