A three ways deal ? CHA/DEN/DET

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

A three ways deal ? CHA/DEN/DET 

Post#1 » by ducler » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:39 pm

What about this ?

Bobcats got Hamilton, Kleisa, Atkins, Weems and Hunter's contract.
Bobcats give Wallace, Morrison and Mohammed.
Wallace needs to go, Brown doesn't like Morrison and Bobcats have a lot of C's so let Mohammed go when Brown use more Hollins and when Ajinca is a project isn't a big problem.

New Bobcats line-up :
Okafor/Hollins/Ajinca
Diaw/May/Howard
Kleisa/Bell/Carroll
Hamilton/Bell/Carroll
Felton/Augustin/Atkins

Nuggets got Morrison and Mohammed.
Nuggets give Kleisa, Atkins, Weems and Hunter's contract.
Nuggets want a big and could trade Kleisa as well as Atkins who isn't happy in Denver anymore. I said "Hunter's contract" because I don't think he would play again.

New Nuggets line-up :
Nenê/Mohammed
Martin/Andersen
Anthony/Smith/Balkman
Jones/Smith
Billups/Carter

Pistons got Wallace.
Pistons give Hamilton.
Wallace will be better than Prince in the PF position and it stops our stupid three guard line-up.

New Pistons line-up :
Wallace/McDyess/Brown
Wallace/Maxiell/Johnson
Prince/Herrmann/Afflalo
Iverson/Afflalo/Acker
Stuckey/Iverson/Bynum

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.ph ... id=4868965
mlagoa
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Re: A three ways deal ? CHA/DEN/DET 

Post#2 » by mlagoa » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:03 pm

Just rumor or your idea?
Sorry my bad english
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Post#3 » by ducler » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:15 pm

My idea, found with the actual rumors.
mercury
Head Coach
And1: 679

Post#4 » by mercury » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:38 pm

It's not bad... a little risky with Wallaces concusion history (worse case we get a career ending exception).... better than our current situation.
I'm thinkin if we trade Rip it should be for a center.
Patrick27
Junior
And1: 107

Post#5 » by Patrick27 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:46 pm

I think Nuggets deserve a bit more for parting with Kleiza. He's a decent player.

Do we feel that Hamilton for Wallace is fair value? I'm starting to think I'd rather keep Hamilton than try to find minutes at PF for Gerald Wallace. When our DNP-CDs are all 4s and 5s, we should try to get something for them, rather than put another 35mpg player in there, soaking up the minutes.

Personally, I think Wallace is an untied shoelace away from medical retirement, based on his history.
detcity9
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#6 » by detcity9 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:53 am

Our three guard lineup is a problem and it does need to be adressed- before I get pissed and throw my controller through my tv. I cant stand watching our team get killed in defensive rotations/ help d as well as on the glass. Its such an easy problem to solve/ i would much rather see rip or AI pout on the bench..

Completely agree with Patrick 27 that the last thing we need is to trade a guard for another PF (since that is where you are inserting G Wallace into the starting lineup). Curry isnt finding any minutes for Amir and very few for Max (who are supposed to be the future pf's of this team)

G Wallace wouldnt really be an upgrade at the pf spot from tay.. Wallace is more of a slasher and he doesnt have a post game. Weight wise him and tay are about the same (tay is 215, wallace is 220) but height wise we loose 2 inches with him at PF not including tay's long arms and ability to disrupt shots. They are both good defensive players but tay's versitility and post game (the baby lefty hook) is better.

Having said that Wallace is the type of hard nosed defensive player that we need to persue via trade. I would just prefer to bring in a big man who can play defense and rebound.

Return to Detroit Pistons