'Nasty News - Traversing Time & Space' Vol: 28

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

nasty daddy
RealGM
And1: 6

Re: 'Nasty News - Traversing Time & Space' Vol: 28 

Post#1121 » by nasty daddy » Fri Mar 6, 2009 9:59 pm

http://postingup.2dogs.com/member/blogt ... q=1&page=0

thank you AI for this statement.i thought you would put the DETROIT PISTONS first in their endeavour to win the gold.true professionalism.GO-PISTONS-GO

nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#1122 » by nasty daddy » Fri Mar 6, 2009 10:04 pm

We're talkin' about defending
As anyone who has been watching Pistons basketball this season, especially these games they've played with Iverson out with a back injury, the Pistons play better without Iverson. Is it because AI is out? Is it because they've finally realized that they need to get over the fact that Billups is gone and stop moping around and play like they used to? Is it because the 3 teams that they beat without AI all had missing key players [Jameer, KG, Carmelo]? Okay - The Pistons lose 8 in a row without Iverson, and eeeeveryone is saying it's because he didn't play any of those games, and Rip was back in the starting lineup. Did everyone forget about the 7 game winning streak where Rip was out and Iverson was still a starter? Is it Iverson's fault for the Pistons struggles this season? I'll say it again: No. AI is clearly having the worst season of his career in Detroit, which is what I didn't expect AT ALL when the trade happened. I thought it'd be the complete opposite. And, while I knew his stats would drop because he's playing with such a talented team, I didn't think our season would look like this. And I didn't think that my fellow Pistons fans would turn their backs. I really and truly believe that the Pistons have been misusing him ever since he became part of the team. Also, people are saying he's faking his injury because he's bitter about Curry's decision to have him come off the bench. You can put those rumors to rest.

He didn't speak with reporters directly, but issued a statement through the team that said he had "no problem with returning as a reserve." and said the same thing he said at that press conference when he was introduced as a Detroit Piston: “My goal is to help this team win a championship, and I’ve said that from the first day I arrived here in Detroit. I’m going to do whatever it takes to help us achieve our goals as a team, regardless if I’m starting or coming off the bench.” And as for faking his injury, If you know AI, you know that when he's injured, he's injured. He's always played through injuries, always played despite what doctors say. He's said recently that he doesn’t think he’s going to have to be out the entire two weeks, and attended practice on Thursday. “He wants to get out there as soon as possible." Michael Curry said. "So, hopefully with the treatment and the rest, he’ll feel better and we can get him out there as soon as possible. We need him out there. We need him healthy, out there healthy playing so we can be the team we envision ourselves being.” I don't know. I sometimes find my gut telling me that Joe Dumars is using him simply for cap space [If Joe lets both AI and Sheed go this summer, Detroit will be about $22 million under the cap] and not his talent. Not what he could bring to the table if they knew how to "use" him correctly.... And then I think back to the summer of 2000 when the Pistons made a move to get Iverson in a crazy 14-player deal. But at the time, Iverson was in his prime back then, and months away from becoming the NBA MVP.

I try not to think about what goes on behind closed doors, but I do have an immense love for the Detroit Pistons and Allen Iverson, and I do have a mind - and it wanders. 1 part of me is still happy that I have my favorite player on my home - and favorite - team. And then there's a second part of me that just wishes this trade never happened. I shouldn't care as much as I do, but I do. I find myself defending AI and the pistons numerous amounts of times every day. I know hater's are gunna hate [3LW, anybody?!], and that means I'm going to continue to talk, but I take it personally and get really upset, as crazy as that may sound. I still believe, just like The Answer himself, that he does have his best chance at getting a ring on this team, and heck yes he deserves it more that LeBron, more than Kobe, and more than the Big 3.And whether or not I question what is going on, I am, as you all know, rooting for my team, as I always have and have been since the start of this season. And I am rooting for AI, as I have since I started watching him back in the Sixers days and quickly fell in love with him and his game, and he became my favorite player ever since. Until the next game [because you know I will have something to say!], I'll leave you with a thought:When his contract is up and he is a free agent and goes to another team, which the way things are looking, he will ... there is yet another part of me that would love to see him back in Philly where the glorious days of The Answer all started: 1st round draft pick, Rookie of the Year, All-Star Rookie Game MVP, League MVP, 2x All-Star MVP, Olympian, leading scorer in the league for 4 years ['99, '01, '02, '05], a billion goosebumps every time he played, and so, so much more

nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#1123 » by nasty daddy » Fri Mar 6, 2009 10:05 pm

AND THROW UP BOTH MY HANDS!!!!! Yeah i don't doubt AI got a lot of fans from back in the day and present. But i live in the present so i will deal with the present, U HURT? GO GET U SOME SOUP! SOME WARM MILK, AND A THERMOMETER. YOU INJURED, GO SEE ARNIE KANDER HE'LL FIX U RIGHT UP. GOT FOULED AND NO CALL WAS MADE? WRITE THE COMMISSIONER OF NBA. YOU A WARRIOR? DEN BANDAGE DAT BOO BOO I FALL DOWN UP AND LET'S GO TO WORK. ANYBODY REMEMBER A GUY NAMED " ISAIHA THOMAS " TRUE WARRIOR, BAD ANKLE AND ALL, DID NOT ASK 4 THE TRAINER, OR A TIMEOUT, BUT RAINED BOMB AFTER BOMB ON THE LAKER'S. CAN ANYBODY HEAR ME OUT THERE? YOU FEELIN DIZZY? CALL A DOCTOR, YOU NEED SOME TLC? CALL HOME, BUT YOU READY TO WORK, FOLLOW THE TROOPE'S INTO BATTLE, JOE D REMEMBER'S AND THAT'S WHY I WON'T LET HIM OR ANY OTHER STUDENT OF THE GAME TELL ME ABOUT FIGHTING THRU, WE BOUT TO TURN THE FIRE UP WIT OR WTHOUT AI. SO IF YOU DOWN, LOCK AND LOAD. OR RUN, EITHER WAY, WHEN THAT BALL GET'S TIPPED WE BLAZIN. SO BRING A LUNCH.HOLLA IF U HEAR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#1124 » by nasty daddy » Fri Mar 6, 2009 10:08 pm

http://www.hoopsworld.com/TheWireStory.asp?id=17363

Pacers F Dunleavy out for season
Indiana Pacers forward Mike Dunleavy will miss the remainder of the season after undergoing right knee surgery, the team announced Friday.

Dunleavy underwent a procedure in Vail, Colorado to have a bone spur removed and the patellar tendon to be repaired. No timetable has been set for Dunleavy's recovery, although the team said he will not be back this season.

Dunleavy played in just 18 games this season, averaging 15.1 points.

nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#1125 » by nasty daddy » Fri Mar 6, 2009 10:10 pm

Optimistic?
What's up fam!!! I just want to know is anyone else optimistic about the way the rest of this season will go? I think with the latest move of starting Dice and switching A.I. and Rip in the starting lineup will prove to be great moves that should have been implemented much earlier. I was one of the original suggestors for this move way back in like December or something. I just think that even though A.I. is a superstar and future hall of famer, he would get the most production on THIS team by playing most of his minutes with guys that will feed off of him and not need the ball in their hands that much to be effective. Basicly THE BENCH PLAYERS. And this is not by any means knocking his game, it's just simple match-ups. Our first unit players are already familiar with playing with each other so they already know how to play off each other.

nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#1126 » by nasty daddy » Fri Mar 6, 2009 10:12 pm

USING HIM WRONG? U FRONT PAGE NEWS KELLZ
You and flame must like tempting me with yall's AI comment's really, but i won't give a crippled crab a crutch in a lumber yard if he don't perform when given the opportunity, and i sure ain't gone sit here and play blind like i don't see yall die hard AI fanatic's coming up wit some of the most untrue rubbish i've ever read. As i recall he was (AI) given more than a chance to be used properly, the equation is still being tested. WOW!! we all like AI but, i ain't willin to go that far and say that even maybe we are'nt using him right, maybe he ain't playing right, you see it has been proven kellz that the ball when passed travel's much faster than you can run and dribbling to much unless setting up your team mates with accuracy in passing and sound decision's, cause's stagnation for everyone else involved. So let me illuminate the terraine in which we currently find ourselve's. MOVE THE BALL LIKE WE ONCE DID OR CONTINUE PLAYING LIKE WE JUST GOT OUT OF HIGHSCHOOL. We sat down a proven all-star not cuz we won 7 straight with AI, but becuz we had a blind coach who maybe was too much of a AI fan. I'll continue like U to blog and be sarcastic at time's as long as U continue to even attempt to say " we may have used him wrong " U and flame really need to stop bouncin off those walls yall runnin into. I will defend the legacy of the piston's and true transaction's but don't tempt me with unfair statement's like that. We cool! but slow ya roll. We all on the same team right?

nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#1127 » by nasty daddy » Fri Mar 6, 2009 10:16 pm

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=182

tom in detroit: If A.I. accepts his bench role and follows through with it, can you Detroit beating Boston or Cleveland in the Playoffs?? Whah if A.I become a 15ppg player in only 20mpg?

Travis Heath: Nope. I don't think the Pistons have the right pieces to challenge the Cavs or the C's even with A.I. accepting his role. I suppose A.I. could score 15 points in 20 minutes off the bench, but I don't see it happening in Detroit. Their offense is just too deliberate. Detroit won't be a contender again until they hit the free agent market this summer.

nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#1128 » by nasty daddy » Fri Mar 6, 2009 10:22 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerranking

1: Cleveland Cavaliers
2: Boston Celtics
3: Los Angeles Lakers
4: San Antonio Spurs
5: Orlando Magic
6: Utah Jazz
7: Portland Trailblazers
8: Houston Rockets
9: Phoenix Suns
10: Denver Nuggets
16: Detroit Pistons
nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#1129 » by nasty daddy » Fri Mar 6, 2009 10:31 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3958704

DUI sentence reduced
Former NBA great Charles Barkley will serve only three days in jail for DUI after a judge reduced his original 10-day sentence.

Scottsdale city spokesman Mike Phillips said on Friday that a judge reviewed the case and decided that seven days should be suspended if the TNT basketball analyst completes an alcohol treatment program. The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office says Barkley is scheduled to report to jail on Saturday morning.

The 45-year-old Barkley pleaded guilty last month to two misdemeanor DUI charges.He was stopped by police Dec. 31 shortly after leaving a Scottsdale nightclub and was arrested after failing a field sobriety test. Barkley's attorney could not immediately be reached for comment Friday.

nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#1130 » by nasty daddy » Fri Mar 6, 2009 10:34 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/preview?gameId=290306008

Warriors-Pistons Preview
Detroit has won three straight games against top teams, all of which were missing key players. The Pistons have done it without a premiere contributor of their own, Allen Iverson. Looking much more cohesive without their All-Star guard, the Pistons try to win consecutive games at home for the first time in two months when they face the lowly Golden State Warriors on Friday night. Detroit (30-29) has beaten Orlando, Boston and Denver since Iverson aggravated a back injury in a loss to New Orleans on Feb. 25. The Pistons opened the season 4-0 before Iverson joined them in a trade with the Nuggets, but are 22-28 with him in starting lineup and had lost seven in a row prior to this three-game win streak. Iverson is expected to miss at least two weeks. Detroit has appeared in three straight Eastern Conference finals, but has been unable to find that form this season since trading Chauncey Billups for Iverson on Nov. 3. "It's just sad to see we're 30-29," the Pistons' Richard Hamilton said.

As disappointing as Detroit has been, it became the first team in the NBA to beat all of the division leaders with Sunday's 105-95 victory over the Celtics. The Pistons, though, didn't have to deal with Boston's Kevin Garnett, who missed the game with a strained knee. Two days earlier, Detroit won 93-85 against a Magic team that's without starting point guard Jameer Nelson (shoulder), and there was no Carmelo Anthony (suspension) in the post to contend with in a 100-95 victory over the Nuggets on Tuesday night. Still, they were quality wins for a Pistons team that hasn't won two in a row at The Palace since a five-game run from Dec. 23-Jan. 2. Detroit had lost 10 of 12 there before beating Denver. The Pistons relied on a balanced attack against the Nuggets, as Tayshaun Prince had 23 points to lead five Pistons who scored at least 16. Detroit had five players reach double figures in scoring in a 107-102 win over Golden State on Nov. 13, the teams' first meeting of the season. Hamilton led the Pistons with 24 points in that matchup. The veteran swingman had 21 versus Denver, and is averaging 25.3 in his last four games. Hamilton, though, has been held to a combined 19 points in his last two home games against Golden State (21-40). He'll likely be matched up at times with Stephen Jackson, who leads the Warriors with 21.1 points and 6.4 assists a contest.

Jackson had 15 points, nine assists and five rebounds in this season's first matchup with Detroit. He had 18 points in Golden State's 110-88 loss to Chicago on Wednesday night after averaging 26.9 in his previous 11 games. Warriors guard Jamal Crawford had 11 points for the second straight game, shooting 26.1 percent (6-for-23) during that span. He had topped 20 points in three of his previous four contests. With Monta Ellis out (ankle), 2007 first-round pick Marco Belinelli has started alongside Crawford in the backcourt the past five games. Belinelli scored a combined 11 points in the first three games, but averaged 11.5 while going 5-for-9 from 3-point range over his last two contests.

nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#1131 » by nasty daddy » Fri Mar 6, 2009 11:12 pm

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/03/06/bark ... index.html

Barkley's DUI sentence reduced to 3 days in jail
Former NBA great Charles Barkley will serve only three days in jail for DUI after a judge reduced his original 10-day sentence.

nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#1132 » by nasty daddy » Fri Mar 6, 2009 11:13 pm

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/03/06/daly ... index.html

Pistons coach Chuck Daly diagnosed with cancer
Former Detroit Pistons coach Chuck Daly has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

The team said Friday that Daly "is being treated for the cancer and his family is requesting privacy." Daly coached the Pistons to NBA championships in 1989 and 1990. He also was the coach of the 1992 gold medal-winning US Olympic squad dubbed the "Dream Team." He was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1994.

Family spokesman Matt Dobek says in the release that as a coach Daly was "known as the Prince of Pessimism, right now Chuck Daly is the King of Optimism."

nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#1133 » by nasty daddy » Fri Mar 6, 2009 11:15 pm

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... 1127/rss13

Ex-Pistons coach Daly battling pancreatic cancer
The Pistons announced Friday that former coach and Hall of Famer Chuck Daly is fighting pancreatic cancer. "Chuck is being treated for the cancer and the family is requesting privacy," said Matt Dobek, speaking on behalf of the Daly family. "When he was coaching, Chuck was always known as the Prince of Pessimism; right now Chuck Daly is the King of Optimism."

Daly, 78, led the Pistons to championship in 1989 and 1990. He also led the original Dream Team to Olympic gold in 1992. He was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 1994.

The No. 2 (for those two NBA championships) was retired in his honor by the Pistons in 1997. "Chuck was one of the most accessible sports figures ever, but right now he's asking for privacy," Dobek said. "His family is hopeful that friends, fans and the media will respect those wishes at this time."

nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#1134 » by nasty daddy » Fri Mar 6, 2009 11:19 pm

http://www.nba.com/pistons/youthcamp.html

Join the Detroit Pistons Training Camp Tour
The Detroit Pistons’ Training Camp Tour is a four-day basketball experience that travels throughout the state of Michigan each summer. Its purpose is simple: to impact youth by improving their skills in basketball and the game of life. Now in its 12th season, the Training Camp Tour has hosted 22,000 campers statewide and in northeastern Ohio.

Campers (grades 1st through 11th) will be instructed in basketball fundamentals such as ball handling, defense, passing, rebounding and shooting and enjoy daily contests like Free Throws, Hot Shot, Knock-Out (Lightning) and Beat the Pro for trophies and prizes. Campers end each day with action-packed 5-on-5 games with players of a similar age and skill level. Training Camp staff members emphasize fundamentals and also life-building values like teamwork, character and leadership. On the last day of Training Camp, staff members will announce the Attitude Award, Hustle Award, Most Improved Player Award and Most Valuable Player Award.

Each camper will receive a red, white and blue Pistons basketball and an authentic navy blue Pistons Training Camp reversible jersey. Registered campers also receive Pistons merchandise and game tickets at discounted “camper-only” prices. To register or read more information about the Detroit Pistons Training Camp Tour, click on the links below.

nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#1135 » by nasty daddy » Fri Mar 6, 2009 11:22 pm

http://www.freep.com/article/20090306/S ... 1051/rss16

Former Pistons coach Chuck Daly has cancer
Hall of Fame coach Chuck Daly, 78, has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, family spokesman Matt Dobek said today. "Chuck is being treated for the cancer and the family is requesting privacy," Dobek said. "When he was coaching, Chuck was always known as the Prince of Pessimism. Right now, Chuck Daly is the King of Optimism."

Daly, who coached the Pistons to NBA championships in 1989 and 1990, was dubbed by his players as “Daddy Rich,” for his dapper wardrobe. Daly served as head coach of the Dream Team, the 1992 gold medal-winning U.S. Olympic basketball team.

He was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 1994. The No. 2 (as in titles) was retired in his honor by the Pistons in 1997. "Chuck was one of the most accessible sports figures ever, but right now, he's asking for privacy," Dobek said. “His family is hopeful that friends, fans and the media will respect those wishes at this time.”

nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#1136 » by nasty daddy » Fri Mar 6, 2009 11:26 pm

http://pistonsnationblog.com/2009/03/06 ... huck-daly/

Pray for Chuck Daly Posted
Anyone who’s lost someone to cancer hates to hear ’stage 4′. Our prayers our with you Coach.

(WXYZ) - Chuck Daly, the longtime coach of the Detroit Pistons who won two NBA championships with the organization, has been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer and is currently undergoing treatment for the disease.

The cancer has also spread to his liver. After experiencing stomach pain in January, Daly visited doctors in Florida. Tests from that visit revealed the cancer

nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#1137 » by nasty daddy » Fri Mar 6, 2009 11:27 pm

http://www.mlive.com/sportsflash/index. ... ichigannba

Cancer diagnosed for ex-Pistons coach Chuck Daly
Legendary Detroit Pistons head coach Chuck Daly has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

The team says in a statement Friday that Daly "is being treated for the cancer and his family is requesting privacy."

Family spokesman Matt Dobek says in the release that as a coach Daly was "known as the Prince of Pessimism, right now Chuck Daly is the King of Optimism."

nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#1138 » by nasty daddy » Fri Mar 6, 2009 11:31 pm

http://pistonsnationblog.com/2009/03/06 ... -warriors/

Pistons hosting Warriors
03/6/09 5:11 PM The Pistons (30-29, 15-15 home) will be hosting on the Golden State Warriors (21-40) Tip off is 8:00 pm est from the Palace of Auburn Hills and will be televised locally on Fox Sports Detroit.
Warriors’ Snapshot
Road record: 6-25
Vs. East: 9-17
Last game: 3/04 (Weds) L 88-110 @ Bulls
Last 10: 5-5
Streak: Lost 1
Against Pistons: Nov. 13th PISTONS (107) @ Warriors (102)
Injuries: Brandan Wright (Shoulder, Out Indefinitely), Kelenna Azubuike (Back, Day-to-Day), Monta Ellis (Personal, Out), Anthony Randolph (Groin, Day-to-Day)

Want a bite of how un-Pistons-like this season has been? Tonight the Pistons are looking to do something they have not in two months… that’s win consecutive games at the Palace of Auburn Hills. Once a tough place to play now gives opponents a 50-50 shot of leaving with a W at the end of 48 minutes. The Pistons are now a game above even after winning 3 consecutive games against quality opponents. If you were playing the Sesame Street “3 of these things belong together” tonight’s opponent would be the odd team out after the Pistons got quality wins over Orlando, Boston, and Denver. The Warriors are not quite as good which kind of worries me because the Pistons save their A-game for elite company. The Pistons have had a little drama with the whole Iverson-bench-injury thing but that seems like small peanuts with what’s going on with the G-State Warriors where Don Nelson is benching his best players in order to give PT to the youngsters. The move has rubbed Warriors fans and players the wrong way, least of which is Moped Ellis (13.4 ppg) who is said to have left the team in protest. The Pistons have beaten the Warriors 3 straight and 8 of the last 10 meetings. The Pistons are a 9 1/2 point favorite tonight. The Pistons currently 6th in the Eastern Conference.

ALSO OF NOTE: “It’s just sad to see we’re 30-29,” the Pistons’ Richard Hamilton said … Bob Wojnowski: Don’t give up on Pistons’ Iverson just yet … AI might return sooner than 2 weeks … The Warriors have lost both games in which Nelson has sat starters (Crawford, Jackson) … GSoM doing a little venting (and not the kind with Coors Light) in their game preview … OT: Shaq’s b-day cards from around the league … Kevin Durant’s new nickname: ‘Durantula’ … Greatest basketball prank ever …

nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#1139 » by nasty daddy » Fri Mar 6, 2009 11:37 pm

http://withleather.uproxx.com/2009/03/g ... prank-ever

GREATEST. PRANK. EVER.
Some of you caught wind of the bordering-on-immortal prank feud between Streeter and Amir, the two stewards over at College Humor, when we embedded video of the Yankee Stadium prank that Amir, the nerdy-looking guy, pulled over on Streeter that got him in trouble with his girlfriend. Well, Streeter hath struck back with a vengeance, with a scheme brilliant enough that I won’t risk ruining it for those that haven’t seen it yet. Spoilers and exhibits of this-is-fake evidence, however, are most welcome in the comments.

Clip of this in the link above^.
nasty daddy
RealGM

Post#1140 » by nasty daddy » Fri Mar 6, 2009 11:49 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3958815

Former Detroit Pistons coach Chuck Daly has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

The team says Friday that Daly "is being treated for the cancer and his family is requesting privacy." Daly coached the Pistons to NBA championships in 1989 and 1990. He also was the coach of the 1992 gold medal-winning US Olympic squad dubbed the "Dream Team." He was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1994.

Return to Detroit Pistons