Page 1 of 1

Tom Brady will never pass Joe Montana

Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:44 am
by splashbrothers
Montana did it the right way by not needing a "system" or a coach who likes to cheat.

Montana 4 Superbowl wins and 0 losses

Cant beat that

Re: Tom Brady will never pass Joe Montana

Posted: Mon Feb 2, 2015 4:50 pm
by Worm Guts
splashbrothers wrote:Montana did it the right way by not needing a "system" or a coach who likes to cheat.

Montana 4 Superbowl wins and 0 losses

Cant beat that


Montana might be better than Brady, but he was definitely part of a system. The West Coast offense is a pretty famous system actually. And I think making it to 6 Super Bowls and winning 4 is better than only making it to 4.

Re: Tom Brady will never pass Joe Montana

Posted: Tue Feb 3, 2015 6:20 am
by splashbrothers
Brady is a beast no doubt... He is the closest IMO to Montana. I still have him second best all time. I would like to see how Brady performs on another team where there is no Bellichek

Re: Tom Brady will never pass Joe Montana

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:04 am
by andrewww
Brady is already the GOAT imho.

Statistically when you look at qb rating, tds, td/int ratio, yards, mvps, super bowl mvps..and considering he is doing this in the salary cap era where the turnover he's had at WR is much greater when compared to Montana, it makes what Brady is doing now even MORE impressive. I would say Montana's had the deadlier offenses sans the 2007 Patriots at their peak, but given the circumstances it's even more impressive for Brady.

6 SB appearances > 4 SB appearances. Since when was making the SB a negative? If it wasn't for the Asante Samuel drop/Tyree fluke catch in 2007 and then the Welker drop/Manningham great catch in 2011...we're looking at Brady being 6-0 in the SB! Having said that if he wins #5 next year it will leave no argument as to who the GOAT qb is.

Also the cheating knocks are getting old. Spygate? Even Bill Cowher and numerous coaches have come out and said that everyone does that, the Pats happened to make the mistake of taping in the wrong area. Like BB said, they did it in front of 80K ppl in plain view. The great Cowboys teams coached by Jimmy Johnson were known for stealing signals (led by Howard Mudd who would later go on to help those Indianapolis Colts), yet no one ever says anything about that?

Deflategate? The biggest witch hunt I've ever seen in professional sports. So much jealousy from players past and present Jerry RIce? He admitted to cheating himself where he would actually gain an advantage from an adhesive on his gloves (something tangible that is actually a COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE for all you dummies), does that taint all the Niners' super bowls too?! So many idiots out there...Aikman/Bettis/Hayley/etc. Do we talk about the Browns and text-gate, the Falcons pumping in fake crowd noise, etc? EVERYONE tries to gain an advantage and NOTHING the Pats have done in the BB/Brady era have suggested otherwise beyond the fact that people have the iq of goldfishes with respect to spygate and deflategate.

The Patriots will be known as the greatest dynasty of all time (if they arent already), and BB/Brady as the UNDISPUTED greatest coach/qb of all time before its all said and done haters.

Re: Tom Brady will never pass Joe Montana

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:11 pm
by afox
I feel the same about deflategate....The media should be ashamed of the way they ran with this....It's always the players whose legacy is in direct competition with Brady's and the Pat's. Or so it seems...I can't help but remember how Tom had to handle all these attacks on his character a week before the biggest game of his life...smh...he ended up being under the weather too...the stress taking its toll? Thankfully they won....unless this investigation turns up something I don't suspect, it would have been a real travesty...the way he was hunted....He's the greatest..this last game topped it like no other...starting rb hurt(used rb picked up with 6 weeks to go)...Def captain and leading tackler out...Hernandez was huge part of the way this O was designed...never really replaced him...3 WR's that are probably number 3's on any other team...no real running game...threw the ball 50 times against a D that thrives in that situation...actually went up and down the field on 'em at will....and had to have back to back td drives to overcome a 10 pt lead in the 4th...Legion of what??? Please...Unbelievable

Re: Tom Brady will never pass Joe Montana

Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:05 am
by jackwindham
Why is the word "system" in double quotes?

Re: Tom Brady will never pass Joe Montana

Posted: Mon Mar 9, 2015 10:00 pm
by PockyCandy
This argument is like Jordan VS Lebron in basketball. Totally pointless. The old guys support the old guy, and the new generation support the new guy. I'll go with Brady, but that probably is because one of my parents is a Pats fan, and thinks that the media has some sort of vendetta against the pats.

Re: Tom Brady will never pass Joe Montana

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:56 am
by agetro23
Brady has a case for GOAT qb, in my opinion. Can't stand the guy, but in this last SB against arguably one of the greatest defenses ever, dude proved without a shadow of a doubt he is one of the toughest mfers in the game. Accurate as hell too.

Re: Tom Brady will never pass Joe Montana

Posted: Tue May 5, 2015 2:48 am
by RavenMad31
splashbrothers wrote:Montana did it the right way by not needing a "system" or a coach who likes to cheat.

Montana 4 Superbowl wins and 0 losses

Cant beat that

I will go as far as to say that if not for the West Coast offense, you would have never heard of a weakish armed, undersized QB like Montana other than being that QB from Notre Dame.
I never understood that 4-0 vs. 4-2 thing. So somehow NOT making it to two more Super Bowls in addition to the four you have won is somehow better than making it to the Super Bowl? Making it to the Super Bowl requires more winning than not making it to the Super Bowl.
Brady got one good year out of Randy Moss. Montana had a huge chunk of his career with Jerry Rice. Even though I consider Belichick to be the greatest coach of all time, Montana is nothing without Walsh. I think Brady could have still been pretty good under any other NFL system...except for the Browns because they are just a joke.

Re: Tom Brady will never pass Joe Montana

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:30 am
by celticsfan34
andrewww wrote:Brady is already the GOAT imho.

Statistically when you look at qb rating, tds, td/int ratio, yards, mvps, super bowl mvps..and considering he is doing this in the salary cap era where the turnover he's had at WR is much greater when compared to Montana, it makes what Brady is doing now even MORE impressive. I would say Montana's had the deadlier offenses sans the 2007 Patriots at their peak, but given the circumstances it's even more impressive for Brady.

6 SB appearances > 4 SB appearances. Since when was making the SB a negative? If it wasn't for the Asante Samuel drop/Tyree fluke catch in 2007 and then the Welker drop/Manningham great catch in 2011...we're looking at Brady being 6-0 in the SB! Having said that if he wins #5 next year it will leave no argument as to who the GOAT qb is.

Also the cheating knocks are getting old. Spygate? Even Bill Cowher and numerous coaches have come out and said that everyone does that, the Pats happened to make the mistake of taping in the wrong area. Like BB said, they did it in front of 80K ppl in plain view. The great Cowboys teams coached by Jimmy Johnson were known for stealing signals (led by Howard Mudd who would later go on to help those Indianapolis Colts), yet no one ever says anything about that?

Deflategate? The biggest witch hunt I've ever seen in professional sports. So much jealousy from players past and present Jerry RIce? He admitted to cheating himself where he would actually gain an advantage from an adhesive on his gloves (something tangible that is actually a COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE for all you dummies), does that taint all the Niners' super bowls too?! So many idiots out there...Aikman/Bettis/Hayley/etc. Do we talk about the Browns and text-gate, the Falcons pumping in fake crowd noise, etc? EVERYONE tries to gain an advantage and NOTHING the Pats have done in the BB/Brady era have suggested otherwise beyond the fact that people have the iq of goldfishes with respect to spygate and deflategate.

The Patriots will be known as the greatest dynasty of all time (if they arent already), and BB/Brady as the UNDISPUTED greatest coach/qb of all time before its all said and done haters.


This hits the nail right on the head! The Pats aren't my favorite team by any means, but you gotta recognize greatness. Anyone who accuses the Pats of cheating is just jealous that their team doesn't have the same success. Deflategate lol....any time you destroy a team in the playoffs by more than 30 points, there's no way a deflated ball in one half makes any difference. They could have played with a frisbee and won by the same amount. It was a witch hunt.

Re: Tom Brady will never pass Joe Montana

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:17 pm
by Froob

Re: Tom Brady will never pass Joe Montana

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:21 am
by Based Mike Ross
deflategate lol its not like the patriots weren't winning on the road too

Re: Tom Brady will never pass Joe Montana

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:12 am
by Froob
Based Mike Ross wrote:deflategate lol its not like the patriots weren't winning on the road too

Brady's QB rating is actually better on the road.

Re: Tom Brady will never pass Joe Montana

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:09 pm
by therealbig3
There's more evidence that Montana cheated than Brady did.

Re: Tom Brady will never pass Joe Montana

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:45 pm
by Mew
therealbig3 wrote:There's more evidence that Montana cheated than Brady did.

His best WR also admitted to using stick em on his hands/gloves.

Re: Tom Brady will never pass Joe Montana

Posted: Sat Nov 5, 2016 11:39 am
by orlandomanic
Image


I'm a fan of both Brady and Montana.

Some people blame Brady for not having more championships. Some people say Montana is over-hyped because of Jerry Rice.

I don't see either of that. The real advantage of Montana over Brady was not Jerry Rice (although that did help, think what Brady could do if he had prime Moss for 15 years), the real advantage was having a stable unit of Lott, Hicks, Wright, and Williamson. People forget how truly great this unit was, they were the first Legion of Boom before Sherman and Chancellor.

Brady use to have a steady defensive unit of Seymour, Ty Law, Bruschi, but that went away for a while now, and the problem with the Pats has not been Brady or the lack of elite WR, but just the inconsistency and high turn over of their defensive players.

Re: Tom Brady will never pass Joe Montana

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:47 am
by euroleague
PockyCandy wrote:This argument is like Jordan VS Lebron in basketball. Totally pointless. The old guys support the old guy, and the new generation support the new guy. I'll go with Brady, but that probably is because one of my parents is a Pats fan, and thinks that the media has some sort of vendetta against the pats.

I disagree - I think this argument is very different

Aaron Rodgers has been, without much argument, the best QB of the last decade when healthy. He just hasn’t been on teams with defenses like Brady, or offenses for that matter. Tom Brady just has more team success.