Bush, Maroney, MJD, DWill

who ya got

Total votes: 0

Milkdud
RealGM
And1: 137

Post#21 » by Milkdud » Thu Apr 5, 2007 4:42 am

Damn I went for Bush... but now as far as Best RB i wished I had voted for Drew...
Danielite
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#22 » by Danielite » Thu Apr 5, 2007 7:30 am

Bush, that move on Urlacher and the Bears was plain nasty.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#23 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Thu Apr 5, 2007 1:43 pm

likwitdesi wrote:I am going to go with MJD. That man just exploded for huge games last year. I believe he was picked in the 5th round--this is the reason backs drop in the draft (ie Steven Jackson). Bush is a bit overrated (look at his ypc...midseason, he was averaging less than 3 ypc). He needs to put on some muscle and run with more power next year. I haven't seen Maroney and Williams play enough so I can't make a very good decision on either one.

Steven Jackson was 24th overall because he had a small injury to his leg.....

Ill take MoJo he is a pinball the package.
JaxMagic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 325

Post#24 » by JaxMagic » Sat Apr 7, 2007 2:23 am

likwitdesi wrote:I am going to go with MJD. That man just exploded for huge games last year. I believe he was picked in the 5th round--this is the reason backs drop in the draft (ie Steven Jackson). Bush is a bit overrated (look at his ypc...midseason, he was averaging less than 3 ypc). He needs to put on some muscle and run with more power next year. I haven't seen Maroney and Williams play enough so I can't make a very good decision on either one.

Ummmm MJD went in the 2nd round. I think Maurice Drew will be the best, he's very explosive and is built like a power back. He will eventually be the face of the Jags and I'm very excited about that thought.
tkb
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 198

Post#25 » by tkb » Sat Apr 7, 2007 11:13 pm

What are your thoughts on Bush vs Addai?
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,175
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#26 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Apr 7, 2007 11:37 pm

I watched plenty of Joe Addai at LSU, and I really like him, but he doesn't have near the upside of Bush.

I would still be a bit worried about him getting injured, he was injured a lot at LSU, and I don't think it is a stretch to think it could happen again.

With that said, he was a terrific pick that late, and he has great all around skills.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,085

Post#27 » by High 5 » Sun Apr 8, 2007 8:32 pm

You put Bush in there but not Norwood? I'll say:

(assuming they stay healthy next season)

1) MJD
2) Maroney
3) Norwood
4) Addai
5) Bush
6) Williams

It's too early for me to say for career, they haven't all been given an equal chance yet.
captain_cheapseats
Starter

Post#28 » by captain_cheapseats » Sun Apr 8, 2007 11:56 pm

I think MJD is the best right now, Maroney has the most potential, and Bush is the best mix of current skill and potential.

MJD, at the end of last season, was playing at a very high level. However I just don't see him getting any better than he is now. However given how good he already is, that's not really a knock.

Maroney, at the start of the year, played better than any of these guys did at any point and flashed a scary amount of upside. However he stunk at the end of the year (though now it's come out he was playing with a serious shoulder injury at the time, along with a minor rib injury), so it's hard to say how good he is moving forward and if he can stay healthy.

Bush is a balance of the two. At times he showed impressive flashes, but he also showed why small backs, no matter how fast, can struggle. However I think his receiving from the backfield is a plus factor that can't be overlooked, and increases his value somewhat.
captain_cheapseats
Starter

Post#29 » by captain_cheapseats » Sun Apr 8, 2007 11:58 pm

Oh, as for Williams, I didn't get to see him enough last season to really have much of an opinion on him one way or the other.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Apr 9, 2007 12:14 am

You obviously didn't see Reggie in the last 8 games either.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
captain_cheapseats
Starter

Post#31 » by captain_cheapseats » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:26 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:You obviously didn't see Reggie in the last 8 games either.

:roll:
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:50 am

Ok here is my lists:

Potential:

Bush
Maroney
Addai
Drew
Williams
(almost the order they got drafted in....)

Here is next seasons production:

Maroney
Drew
Bush
Addai
Williams

I think Reggie's overall production depends on how Mcallister plays and how many touches they give Reggie, because he was phenomenal in the last 8 games, and his effect on games is huge already, just add touches.
Pierce 4 3
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#33 » by Pierce 4 3 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:56 pm

I like Maroney. Now that Dillon is gone, Maroney will get most of the handoffs so he'll have a monster upcoming season
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#34 » by SpeedyG » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:31 pm

MJD for me (yes, call it a bias pick, although I was REALLY high on Maroney and was hoping he'd fall to the Jags last year).

The guy is cat quick, explodes through holes, lightning fast, can catch out of the backfield, uses his size to hide between the OL, and take AND deliver hits. And he can pass block too.

Only question for him is if he can sustain this through a full season as a feature back, but talent alone, I'd take him over any of these guys.
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,464

Post#35 » by CBS7 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:58 pm

People were really this down on Addai in the preseason?

MJD is terrible right now.
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#36 » by J.Kim » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:48 pm

_CBS7_ wrote:People were really this down on Addai in the preseason?

MJD is terrible right now.

We're only 1/8th into the season right now.
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,625

Post#37 » by Next Coming » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:48 pm

MoJo was drafted in the 2nd round and I'd go with him over Bush at this point in their careers.

Laurence Maroney is a beast and Joseph Addai has a chance to be a future MVP candidate.

Return to Player Comparisons