Tony Romo vs Jason Campbell

User avatar
straightguji
Inactive user
Inactive user
Posts: 712
And1: 0
Joined: Apr 02, 2007
Location: Toronto

Tony Romo vs Jason Campbell 

Post#1 » by straightguji » Mon Apr 9, 2007 4:50 am

Which QB would you choose?
Image
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
Posts: 19,810
And1: 5
Joined: Jul 20, 2005

 

Post#2 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Mon Apr 9, 2007 4:58 am

last year was definitely tony romo but jason campbell is still an intriguing player. i see good numbers from him next season.
User avatar
sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 19,619
And1: 131
Joined: Apr 10, 2001

 

Post#3 » by sunshinekids99 » Mon Apr 9, 2007 10:21 am

I'll take Campbell, I really don't think Romo is anything special.
Image
Icness
NFL Analyst
Posts: 16,964
And1: 129
Joined: Apr 30, 2001
Location: Back in the 616
Contact:
   

 

Post#4 » by Icness » Mon Apr 9, 2007 4:59 pm

I really liked what I saw of Campbell, and I didn't feel that way when he came out of Auburn. He's got a very good arm, good vision, nice feel for the pocket, decent mobility and toughness. He's got a chance to be a pretty good starter for a long time.

Romo = Bubby Brister; amiable small-school guy and career backup who shined briefly when presented a chance, then flamed out spectacularly once defenses adjusted to him and he couldn't do anything about it. I still see him as a capable backup QB and nothing more. How he handles blowing their playoffs and the pressure of being "The Man" from day one for the NFL's marquee franchise will say a lot. My humble prediction is that he's yanked by Week 10 and desperately wishes those Carrie Underwood rumors were really true.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
Posts: 19,810
And1: 5
Joined: Jul 20, 2005

 

Post#5 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Mon Apr 9, 2007 6:09 pm

Icness wrote:Romo = Bubby Brister; amiable small-school guy and career backup who shined briefly when presented a chance, then flamed out spectacularly once defenses adjusted to him and he couldn't do anything about it. I still see him as a capable backup QB and nothing more. How he handles blowing their playoffs and the pressure of being "The Man" from day one for the NFL's marquee franchise will say a lot. My humble prediction is that he's yanked by Week 10 and desperately wishes those Carrie Underwood rumors were really true.


:eek2: wow, i wish someday i can diss like iceness.
Icness
NFL Analyst
Posts: 16,964
And1: 129
Joined: Apr 30, 2001
Location: Back in the 616
Contact:
   

 

Post#6 » by Icness » Mon Apr 9, 2007 6:25 pm

Monkeyfeng06 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



:eek2: wow, i wish someday i can diss like iceness.


I only aspire to be like my hero, BBJ...
User avatar
Philly KDub
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,787
And1: 71
Joined: Mar 06, 2005
Location: Miami, FL via Philly
       

 

Post#7 » by Philly KDub » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:15 pm

i like what i see in campbell. he's a big guy. he got a good arm strength and he will only get better. he needs a better supporting cast around him IMO. i always thought romo is overrated. espn and the media made a big deal out of him last year. you have to know how to adjust to the defense if you want to be a good QB in the nfl. romo didnt do that. thats why the defense was able to adjust to him. i dont think romo has it in him. i think campbell will be a pretty good starter for years to come. if he can work really hard, maybe he will be a top 5 QB one day.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 52,215
And1: 6,090
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Location: Getting hit in the head
         

 

Post#8 » by studcrackers » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:04 am

Icness wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



I only aspire to be like my hero, BBJ...


you dont like the cowboys do you?
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
User avatar
Bow2Yao11
Veteran
Posts: 2,839
And1: 0
Joined: Nov 25, 2006

 

Post#9 » by Bow2Yao11 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:24 pm

I will take Romo easily.
John Wall>>>>>>>>>Ricky Rubio
thierry
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,614
And1: 583
Joined: Jul 09, 2006

 

Post#10 » by thierry » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:35 am

Are you guys serious??
User avatar
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 36,649
And1: 7,758
Joined: Jul 19, 2005
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

 

Post#11 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:58 pm

Icness wrote:I really liked what I saw of Campbell, and I didn't feel that way when he came out of Auburn. He's got a very good arm, good vision, nice feel for the pocket, decent mobility and toughness. He's got a chance to be a pretty good starter for a long time.

Romo = Bubby Brister; amiable small-school guy and career backup who shined briefly when presented a chance, then flamed out spectacularly once defenses adjusted to him and he couldn't do anything about it. I still see him as a capable backup QB and nothing more. How he handles blowing their playoffs and the pressure of being "The Man" from day one for the NFL's marquee franchise will say a lot. My humble prediction is that he's yanked by Week 10 and desperately wishes those Carrie Underwood rumors were really true.


Good post, I thought Campbell was selected way high also, but he showed me something this year.

Romo looked horrible in the Saint's game, and our defense was nothing to write home about, and after that game he was very meh.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
Posts: 19,810
And1: 5
Joined: Jul 20, 2005

 

Post#12 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:07 pm

thierry wrote:Are you guys serious??



hehehe.... cowboys fans are here.
User avatar
nycballer718
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,849
And1: 0
Joined: Dec 06, 2006
Location: new york city

 

Post#13 » by nycballer718 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:26 am

campbell
thierry
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,614
And1: 583
Joined: Jul 09, 2006

 

Post#14 » by thierry » Mon Oct 1, 2007 7:47 am

Funny. Nice call again Icness.
User avatar
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 36,649
And1: 7,758
Joined: Jul 19, 2005
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

 

Post#15 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Oct 1, 2007 7:58 am

Dude, at least wait until he does it for a season before you start rubbing it in peoples faces.

Romo could still have a catastrophic meltdown, ala last season, and you will feel quite stupid.....
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
Posts: 19,810
And1: 5
Joined: Jul 20, 2005

 

Post#16 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Mon Oct 1, 2007 8:03 am

plus, this is campbell's first season as a starting QB. calm down.
User avatar
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
Posts: 43,040
And1: 8,335
Joined: Apr 22, 2002
Location: Harder to find than a remote after smoking marijuana
   

 

Post#17 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Mon Oct 1, 2007 7:40 pm

Monkeyfeng06 wrote:plus, this is campbell's first season as a starting QB. calm down.


?

He started 7 games last year (Romo Started 10).
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
Posts: 19,810
And1: 5
Joined: Jul 20, 2005

 

Post#18 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Mon Oct 1, 2007 10:56 pm

Kohl Is A Mome wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



?

He started 7 games last year (Romo Started 10).


first full year.
User avatar
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
Posts: 43,040
And1: 8,335
Joined: Apr 22, 2002
Location: Harder to find than a remote after smoking marijuana
   

 

Post#19 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Mon Oct 1, 2007 11:06 pm

Monkeyfeng06 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



first full year.


I realize that but you said it like it should get him more slack than Romo. When they actually are both in that same situation.
thierry
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,614
And1: 583
Joined: Jul 09, 2006

 

Post#20 » by thierry » Mon Oct 1, 2007 11:24 pm

Kohl Is A Mome wrote:I realize that but you said it like it should get him more slack than Romo. When they actually are both in that same situation.


Anyone who thinks Jason Campbell has a chance to ever be as good as Romo is out of their mind. I'm tired of all the Romo haters, he is clearly a top 5 QB in the NFL and an MVP candidate.

Return to Player Comparisons