Frank Gore vs Reggie Bush

Elway=GOAT
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#21 » by Elway=GOAT » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:05 am

Gore, I dont believe Bush is ever going to be an everydown back. I think he is, a very valuable change of pace back. But I dont think he is a guy who you can pound the rock 25 times a game with. He is going to be a much better and more used version of Kevin Faulk imo. Guy who you can throw to 3-5 times a game from a change of pace, and hand it off to like 8-12 times a game.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,072
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#22 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:20 am

Elway=GOAT wrote:Gore, I dont believe Bush is ever going to be an everydown back. I think he is, a very valuable change of pace back. But I dont think he is a guy who you can pound the rock 25 times a game with. He is going to be a much better and more used version of Marshall Faulk imo. Guy who you can throw to 7-10 times a game from a change of pace, and hand it off to like 15-23 times a game.

Fixed it for you :dontknow:

you do know he had 88 catches.... as a rookie? 3-5 passes per game?
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
JoeyH
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#23 » by JoeyH » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:55 pm

Most ever by a rookie RB by the way.
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 457

Post#24 » by Swift21 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:02 pm

Reggie Bush is so overrated it's not even funny. He's not half the running back Gore is.
JoeyH
Sixth Man

Post#25 » by JoeyH » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:39 am

^^aww still a wittle bit angry from when he dropped 4 TDs against your boys last year?
Swift21
General Manager

Post#26 » by Swift21 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:48 am

What he's doing this year?

Here's a hint nothing because dances better then he runs the football.

Also I'm not mad at anything. The Niners are 2-0 and improving and the Saints are a fluke.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:39 am

LOL, the niners might be improving, but they are still not that great... you fluked into some wins, and we got off to a rocky start, so I guess it's ok for you to start talking **** now :roll:

Have fun with captain tiny hands.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Swift21
General Manager

Post#28 » by Swift21 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:21 pm

I bet Tiny hands will throw all over your pathetic defense, but then again who can't considering your secondary blows.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#29 » by Wizards2Lottery » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:19 pm

The Niners offense is pathetic. If I'm correct they haven't even gone over 200 yards yet.
JoeyH
Sixth Man

Post#30 » by JoeyH » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:34 pm

Juice23 wrote:I bet Tiny hands will throw all over your pathetic defense, but then again who can't considering your secondary blows.

Just like last year eh?

Scoreboard homie.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:39 pm

Juice23 wrote:I bet Tiny hands will throw all over your pathetic defense, but then again who can't considering your secondary blows.

And your d-line, and o-line blows. Good luck with that, when the other team controls the line on every play, you aren't going to do much.

Oh and... Tiny hands blows, so, good luck with him.

Don't be angry that you guys didn't trade up for Bush, I remember all the 49ers fans praying for it.

But, I guess you didn't, you just knew Gore would be better :roll:

That mighty defense is ranked 17.....

Oh, and one of our teams is ranked 32nd in offense... and it's not us.
Swift21
General Manager

Post#32 » by Swift21 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:31 am

JoeyH wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Just like last year eh?

Scoreboard homie.

Niners 5 Super Bowl's, Saints how many?

There anyone can bring up the past. Last year the league felt sorry for the Saints because of Katrina. This year your a fluke.
Swift21
General Manager

Post#33 » by Swift21 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:43 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

And your d-line, and o-line blows. Good luck with that, when the other team controls the line on every play, you aren't going to do much.

Oh and... Tiny hands blows, so, good luck with him.

Don't be angry that you guys didn't trade up for Bush, I remember all the 49ers fans praying for it.

But, I guess you didn't, you just knew Gore would be better :roll:

That mighty defense is ranked 17.....

Oh, and one of our teams is ranked 32nd in offense... and it's not us.

Please your whole defense blows besides your defensive ends. BTW hows Jason Burnt Davis working out for the Saints?

I'm glad the Niners didn't trade up for Reggie Bush. Everyone outside of New Orleans knows he's an overrated RB that's soft and hits the hole like a girl. Reggie Bush still thinks he's at USC where he can out run and out Juke everyone and that crap doesn't fly at this level.

BTW The Niners Offense is struggling because there breaking in a New Offensive Coordinator. Whats the Saints excuse?
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#34 » by J.Kim » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:51 am

Juice23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Please your whole defense blows besides your defensive ends. BTW hows Jason Burnt Davis working out for the Saints?

I'm glad the Niners didn't trade up for Reggie Bush. Everyone outside of New Orleans knows he's an overrated RB that's soft and hits the hole like a girl. Reggie Bush still thinks he's at USC where he can out run and out Juke everyone and that crap doesn't fly at this level.

BTW The Niners Offense is struggling because there breaking in a New Offensive Coordinator. Whats the Saints excuse?

Just wondering, Have you watched a New Orleans game this year?

From what I've seen so far, Sean Payton has done no favors for Reggie at all. From watching the first week and parts of second week, all I've seen Sean Payton call for Reggie is the flat/screen play or the Draw up the middle.

He can't really do anything about it when basically everyone who's watching the game except Sean Payton and the New Orleans coaching staff KNOWS that its one of two plays thats coming.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:14 am

We struggle with cover 2 defense. Still there is a big difference with being ranked 16th and being ranked dead last :lol:

You obviously haven't watched a Saints game since Bush has been there. You might remember that one where he torched your pathetic defense though.

Yeah, the league felt sorry and let the saint's win. Grown men who are out there fighting for there jobs/money, let the saints beat them.

If that's the reason you want to believe the Saint's rolled your team, more power to you :thumbsup:

Can't really call the 49ers a fluke, it just goes to show how bad your division is when you can have the 17th ranked defense, and be dead last on offense and still b 2-0
Swift21
General Manager

Post#36 » by Swift21 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:36 am

J.Kim wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Just wondering, Have you watched a New Orleans game this year?

From what I've seen so far, Sean Payton has done no favors for Reggie at all. From watching the first week and parts of second week, all I've seen Sean Payton call for Reggie is the flat/screen play or the Draw up the middle.

He can't really do anything about it when basically everyone who's watching the game except Sean Payton and the New Orleans coaching staff KNOWS that its one of two plays thats coming.

Excuses, He's not on Frank Gore's level and if he can't execute two plays Houston made the right choice passing on him after all.
Swift21
General Manager

Post#37 » by Swift21 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:06 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

We struggle with cover 2 defense. Still there is a big difference with being ranked 16th and being ranked dead last :lol:

You obviously haven't watched a Saints game since Bush has been there. You might remember that one where he torched your pathetic defense though.

Yeah, the league felt sorry and let the saint's win. Grown men who are out there fighting for there jobs/money, let the saints beat them.

If that's the reason you want to believe the Saint's rolled your team, more power to you :thumbsup:

Can't really call the 49ers a fluke, it just goes to show how bad your division is when you can have the 17th ranked defense, and be dead last on offense and still b 2-0

Please you really don't want to bring up the past to much considering the Saints used to be the Niners doormats year in and out back when you were in the NFC West.

Now you can bring up all the stats you want. It still won't change we're 2-0 and we'll be in the playoffs later this year and your an 0-2 fluke that will miss the playoffs this year.

BTW Patrick Willis is going make Reggie Bush his bitch October 28, believe it.
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#38 » by J.Kim » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:24 am

Excuses, He's not on Frank Gore's level and if he can't execute two plays Houston made the right choice passing on him after all.

If there's a player on the field, and you knew the coach called only two plays when that player was on the field, don't you think, as the defense, that you would KNOW what was coming?

This isn't a matter of executing or not. It's a matter of repetitive and lackluster playcalling by Sean Payton, allowing defenses to KNOW where Reggie's going.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:13 am

Please you really don't want to bring up the past to much considering the Saints used to be the Niners doormats year in and out back when you were in the NFC West.

Now you can bring up all the stats you want. It still won't change we're 2-0 and we'll be in the playoffs later this year and your an 0-2 fluke that will miss the playoffs this year.

BTW Patrick Willis is going make Reggie Bush his bitch October 28, believe it.

You could possibly win 7 games and get in the playoffs in that division.

I can bring up the past, because I'm not using stats from last century when we were in the division together.

I bring up the stats, because you are dogging a guy who had 4 touchdowns against your pathetic squad less than a year ago. He sure seemed to be able to execute those 2 plays against San Fran.

Your team is young, and has some great talent, but for now, they are horrid offensively, and mediocre defensively.

If you manage to sneak into the playoffs, you will get blasted. I love guys like you, who freak out and start making predictions and acting all high and mighty after 2 games. We started 7-1 one time, and finished 9-7 missing the playoffs. You are going to feel really stupid if your team goes down the **** later, so you probably shouldn't be acting like you have a contender when you will be lucky to win 8 games.

I'm sorry that we got Cali's hero, and your team fell off the map, and we were deep in the playoffs, while you were sitting home trying to convince yourself that Bush sucks.

I do love P-Willie though, can't see him making Bush his bitch, because there hasn't been one player in the league who was assigned to cover Bush by himself, it's a group effort.
Swift21
General Manager

Post#40 » by Swift21 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:13 pm

If I'm acting all high and mighty about our record after only two games then your acting even worse about our offense after only two games also. You look at glass half empty and I look at the glass half full. If our team is winning games playing there C game on Offense, just think what we're going to do when their playing there A game on offense. Gore hasn't even had his 100 yard Rushing debut so the offense by far still hasn't played ther A game.

Calling our defense mediocre is plain Ignorant considering they've won us two games against pretty good offenses. If our defense is mediocre then the Saints defense is putrid because the Saints can't stop the run or stop the pass. In Week one the Niners held the Cardinals Wr's Fitzgerald and Boldin to a combined 42 yards. In week two they limited Steven Jackson to 60 yards on the ground while the defense racked up 7 sacks. Who has the Saints defense limited so far?

If the Saints offense struggles that bad against the Cover 2 I can promise you the Saints are in for a long year. Defenses are going to throw the Cover 2 at you on a weekly basis on third downs.

Return to Player Comparisons