Kellen Winslow vs. Vernon Davis

MAGICian619
Rookie
Posts: 1,091
And1: 633
Joined: Jul 16, 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
         

 

Post#21 » by MAGICian619 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:52 pm

I'd take Vernon cuz he is a freakkk athlete.
sixer4ever
Junior
Posts: 364
And1: 0
Joined: Mar 28, 2006
Location: Searcy, Arkansas

 

Post#22 » by sixer4ever » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:58 pm

Basketball Jesus wrote:Both are nothing more than oversized receivers. Neither can block worth a damn (though Winslow, at times, looks like he understands the concept of blocking) and neither is worth anything in the running game. Davis has the better receiver skill set but Winslow is better running pure TE routes. I'd go with Winslow, maybe.

You are a complete idiot for that statment. Davis is a great blocking tight end. The 49ers coaching staff is always raving about his blocking skills as do many nfl analysts. Make sure you do some research about a player before you criticize them so harshly next time
2011 NBA Champions: Philadelphia 76ers
User avatar
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 36,665
And1: 7,789
Joined: Jul 19, 2005
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

 

Post#23 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:55 am

sixer4ever wrote:-= original quote snipped =-


You are a complete idiot for that statment. Davis is a great blocking tight end. The 49ers coaching staff is always raving about his blocking skills as do many nfl analysts. Make sure you do some research about a player before you criticize them so harshly next time


No, he's not really a "great" blocking TE, he's average blocking TE with lots of potential as a great blocker.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
Posts: 19,810
And1: 5
Joined: Jul 20, 2005

 

Post#24 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:29 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:-= original quote snipped =-



No, he's not really a "great" blocking TE, he's average blocking TE with lots of potential as a great blocker.


BBJ did underrate davis's blocking skills..
User avatar
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 31,180
And1: 6
Joined: Sep 04, 2003
Location: P-nuts + hair doos

 

Post#25 » by Basketball Jesus » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:31 am

I cheerfully rescind my comments...partially. I guess my opinion of his blocking is mostly from his ability coming out of college and the smattering of games I saw last season.

I've seen a little bit more of his blocking since and while I still don't think he's one of the better-blocking tight ends in the league he's definitely better than I gave him credit for.
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
Posts: 19,810
And1: 5
Joined: Jul 20, 2005

 

Post#26 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:49 am

^ who is the best blocking TE in the league?
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 10,689
And1: 22
Joined: Jan 12, 2003
Location: Washington D.C.

 

Post#27 » by J.Kim » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:57 am

Monkeyfeng06 wrote:^ who is the best blocking TE in the league?


IMO, Jason Dunn...
User avatar
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 31,180
And1: 6
Joined: Sep 04, 2003
Location: P-nuts + hair doos

 

Post#28 » by Basketball Jesus » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:58 am

Kyle Brady or Jason Dunn
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.

Return to Player Comparisons