Vince Young v Tim Tebow (College)

Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Vince Young v Tim Tebow (College) 

Post#1 » by Baller 24 » Sun Dec 7, 2008 12:20 am

Who do you pick to be your favorite college teams starting QB?

or

dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark
CJ_18
Assistant Coach
And1: 35

Re: Vince Young v Tim Tebow (College) 

Post#2 » by CJ_18 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:00 am

Vince Young.

Even if Tebow breaks Young's mark of 467 total yards in the the National Championship, it will still be Young because OU's defense isn't as good as '05 USC's
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#3 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:38 am

Vince just felt like a more dominant player.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
A.J.
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#4 » by A.J. » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:56 am

I'll take Vince Young. He is more dominant and he is a proven winner.
shawngoat23
Lead Assistant
And1: 286

Post#5 » by shawngoat23 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:48 pm

I hate Vince, but he was the better college player quite easily.
penbeast0 wrote:Yes, he did. And as a mod, I can't even put him on ignore . . . sigh.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#6 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:37 am

no brainer. vince young. this guy singlehandedly took over games. he personally won the title. while they have to take tebow out and run percy harvin to score key touchdowns for florida. near the goal line, believe this, vince young aint comin out of the game on a 4th down goaline play.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
jarrettjackfan
Junior
And1: 0

Post#7 » by jarrettjackfan » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:55 am

I agree with the majority here, it's Vince Young, why is that?

Well first of all, while Tebow has been amazing, Young was even more amazing. He rushed for more yardage if I'm not mistaken, while passing for just about the same. He was always dependable, and was the type of guy that even if he was hurt, you never noticed.

I really don't like the Longhorns that much, but when he was their QB, I loved them and loved watching them every Saturday.
http://realsportszone.com/forum/index.php
Check out this all sports fan site. I'm The Lone Granger there.

WELCOME TO INDIANA DARREN COLLISON!
Illyria-United
Ballboy

Post#8 » by Illyria-United » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:14 pm

A.J. wrote:I'll take Vince Young. He is more dominant and he is a proven winner.

WHAT!! and Tim Tebow isn't he won two National Championships for god's sake where is the love for this guy! Why does everyone doubt him on everything. He has had a great career at Florida and he will be back for another tittle next season.

What is the difference between Young and Tebow?
Although they are basically the same sort of player, Young is mentally weak. He was given QB job of the Titans and he blew it!

I am moving this from NCAA to NFL because in the end thats what really matters. Tim Tebow will prove his critics wrong when he comes out and has a better start at the pros at the QB position.
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,658

Post#9 » by Roger Murdock » Wed Sep 9, 2009 2:19 am

In a hypothetical situation where I needed to pick one player in college history to win me a game im taking Vince Young. They guy just wowed me with his ability. Tebow is great but hes never made my jaw hit the floor like Young did every single week.
teamusa4gold
Banned User

Post#10 » by teamusa4gold » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:14 am

If Young came back for his senior year he ends up 44-2 with 2 NC's and goes out on a 34 game win streak. It's Young as his speed/elusiveness is clearly the difference here.
CLEsports
Ballboy

Post#11 » by CLEsports » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:14 am

Vince Young
Sandlot
Junior

Post#12 » by Sandlot » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:45 pm

Tebow. The guy won 2 national championships and has a heisman trophy. Texas barely got by USC. I realize that it was a miracle run by Young that won it. If USC and specifically Reggie Bush hadn't choked then this wouldn't even be a conversation. (Bush gave up the ball on an attempted pitch that made no sense) The SEC is filled with great defenses and Tebow owned them all. He was a better leader and about the same talent as VY. I'm not taking anything away from Young but the guy was only the 2nd best player in the nation in his best year.

Return to Player Comparisons