Whats your Top 10 look like?

Moderator: studcrackers

Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,652

Whats your Top 10 look like? 

Post#1 » by Roger Murdock » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:57 pm

Mine:

1. Andrew Luck - The total package. Probably the most cerebral player at QB to come out since Peyton Manning, combined with athleticism that compares to someone like Locker. Hes so good at passing people forget how damn good he is at running it. Hes the only QB prospect I have ever seen whos athletic ability is very understated.

2. RG3 - All the physical tools, but I worry greatly about his pocket presence and ability to avoid hits and stay healthy with his slender frame.

3. Matt Kalil - All around beast of a tackle, the best one since Joe Thomas in my opinion. He was better than Tyron Smith a year ago, and Smith is looking great in the NFL.

4. Nick Perry - I'm a sucker for him. Hes got amazing size, strength, speed, and athletic ability - hes has all the ability to excel at the 2nd most important position in the game. I could see him being a 12+ sack a year end easily.

5. Morris Claiborne - Hes an excellent corner all around. He slips a bit too much for my liking so he might give up too many big plays in the NFL. He reminds me of Haden but maybe a bit more of a playmaker, and I think he gets paired up with Haden come draft day.

6. Michael Floyd - I think his size makes him a more well rounded and prototypical #1 than anyone in the draft. I also think he wasn't in the best position to showcase his talents but still excelled in a big way regardless.

7. Justin Blackmon - I think hes neck and neck with Floyd. Hes a better short route and YAC receiver but not as good on the deeper patterns. I also worry about how he would be viewed as a prospect in a different system that made it harder on him. Still NFL teams are running things more similar to OSUs system every day.

8. Luke Kuechly - People knock on him for his upside and athletic ability all the time. His lack of speed never seemed to show in college where he was one of the fastest to the ball linebackers I have seen. He tested in the top 5 for almost every athletic event at the combine, proving hes got top level NFL talents. Hes going to be a big time playmaker, tackle machine, and leader in the NFL. Fun fact - hes 2nd all time in tackles, in only 3 years - that doesn't seem possible.

9. Dontari Poe - A guy with his size, power, and athleticism is extremely rare. When he gets coached up in the NFL he will be unstoppable.

10. Trent Richardson - The most sure thing stud in this draft besides Andrew Luck. If he didn't play the position that burns out the fastest and also the position where its easiest to find good production I would have him higher.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,965

Re: Whats your Top 10 look like? 

Post#2 » by Manhattan Project » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:08 am

1- Luck, obviously.
2- RGIII, obviously.
3- Kalil, obviously.
4- Richardson. You need to establish the run in that division, to me Richardson is one of the safest picks in this draft.
5- Claiborne, obviously.
6- Blackmon. Draft can't work out any better for the Rams.
7- Floyd. The Jags need a WR, they haven't had one since Jimmy Smith.
8- Tannehill. I don't see Peyton going there nor buy into the Flynn hype.
9- Poe. Need to beef up the middle here.
10- Reiff. Could go a bunch of ways here.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones

Return to NFL Draft