Sideline Scouting Newest Seven Round Mock

Moderator: studcrackers

iansportsdude7
Junior
And1: 6

Sideline Scouting Newest Seven Round Mock 

Post#1 » by iansportsdude7 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:28 am

At Sideline Scouting we released a seven round mock draft today with explanations for every first round pick. We’ll be doing one more the night before the draft, but otherwise this is one of our final mocks with the draft coming up in a week. Scroll over the tab “mock draft results” to see specific results for your favorite team. Tabs towards the top of each page to scroll through each round.

http://www.sidelinescouting.com/mock/

What do you guys think of the picks we gave your team?

A few surprise picks, I know. But the NFL Draft is always a surprise. Overall thoughts?
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Re: Sideline Scouting Newest Seven Round Mock 

Post#2 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:23 pm

Thank you for taking the time to build an aesthetically pleasing web-page. Nice layout, and its not cluttered with all kinds of crap.

As a Chicago fan I like the mock - though I think its more likely they take a WR in the second round than an OT - especially with Quick, Givens, and Jenkins still on the board.

I love the idea of Coples and Brockers still being on the board at 19 - and the Bears having the choice of one.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
LoboGuerrero
Pro Prospect
And1: 54

Post#3 » by LoboGuerrero » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:41 pm

As a Lions fan, I think I'd rather have Peter Konz or Cordy Glenn than Jonathan Martin, but maybe that's just me. Then I'd take a tackle and a corner in the second and third round. I'd look at guys like Jeff Allen, Bobby Massie, Jayron Hosley, and Alfonzo Dennard. After that I'm not much use. I'd guess they take a RB in the middle rounds somewhere, and possibly a QB in the 6th or 7th.

But if it were to play out the way you mock, I'd be pretty satisfied.
ohara
Head Coach
And1: 167

Post#4 » by ohara » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:45 pm

If Carolina stays at #9, I hope they would take Kuechly over Cox. They can sure use Kuechly considering that Davis and Beason are both coming off injuries that held them out of almost the entire 2011 season. Kuechly is going to be good. And Cox has a lot of Boom or Bust to him. Just not sure Hurney will take that chance. He says he wants someone who can make an immediate impact from the beginning. I think Cox has a bit much to learn before he can be an impact player. Kuechly is already there for the most part. Word out of Charlotte is that they are very high on Kuechly also.
Bucksfans1and2
Banned User
And1: 189

Post#5 » by Bucksfans1and2 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:16 pm

McClellin and Crick again.

'ahsdgha sdpsas hdga dsgiiasoh[g uasdhgqashdglsa ghga'hsdfha'sdjbg;s
TSE
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#6 » by TSE » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:15 am

Detroit here...we're pretty loaded with numbers at DE and S that taking those positions with 7th round picks is a waste. We would only take a S or DE if we were going to take one high to upgrade a position, but we have a plethora of non-descript guys for those positions.

I also think that the dorky looking white boy TE going to SF who has Vernon Davis is about the most unlikely pick of any player in the 1st round that I have seen in any mock this year. Doesn't inspire me to want to check out the rest of what looks a lot of time that went into putting that site together. Sorry but you bombed out on the opportunity to capture me as a fan and I'm looking for a good draft site to make my new home. Just waiting for somebody to do a really good job and offer something new or high level and I was really excited at first glance until I saw those 2 areas of content that scared me away. Better luck next year and try again!
skorff26
Analyst
And1: 17

Post#7 » by skorff26 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:24 pm

From the Vikings perspective, I like it.

I'd prefer trading down, but if they stay I wouldn't fault them for grabbing Kalil.

I like Jenkins in the 2nd round. Though I actually don't think the Vikings would grab him because of his past and already having a troubled CB in Cook on their team.

Sanu and McNutt would be awesome pickups there.

Allen, I'm not as sold on but I wouldn't be upset with the pick.

Grabbing Rainey would be a nice change of pace back so I like that pick

Lindley would be a practice squad QB not a bad pick that late

Acho/Robinson, not bad pickups, I'd rather maybe see them pick only 1 LB and grab a DL or another CB instead.

Brooks, don't know too much about him but can't complain since it's in the 7th round, at that point you grab anyone you think could make the team
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#8 » by Dr Positivity » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:57 pm

I'm happy with any draft that addresses the O Line for the Bills
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,883

Post#9 » by RiotPunch » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:07 pm

McClellin and Crick in rounds 1 and 2, and I'm on suicide watch. Seriously, awful stuff right there for the Packers.

Just give me Devon Still or Jerel Worthy and Ronnell Lewis.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
TSE
Banned User

Post#10 » by TSE » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:57 pm

Here's a new side item regarding Coby Fleener just to further add salt to the wound that was opened with the 49ers making that Fleener pick which really hit a nerve with me when I saw the pick. From Rotoworld:

One NFL scout suggested that Stanford TE Coby Fleener "might be the most overrated guy in the draft" because he doesn't block and is more of a buildup-speed threat as a pass catcher.
"He wasn't even the best tight end on their team," the scout said. "No. 11 (sophomore Levine Toilolo), that's the real deal. (Fleener) might be the most overrated guy in the draft. He's awful as a blocker. Despite his workout numbers he's really not a quick-twitch, dynamic-moving guy. He's a straight-line, build-up player." The scout may be being overly critical of Fleener, but his first-round buzz seems to have died down in recent weeks.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,736

Post#11 » by gswhoops » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:38 pm

As a Niner fan, I wouldn't be too unhappy with Fleener. Harbaugh's seen more of Fleener then any other coach, GM, or scout in the NFL - if he thinks Fleener would be our best option at #30, I trust his judgement.

If these were the options presented, I'd probably take Silatolu or Fleener and use our 2nd rounder to pick up a WR (Randle, Sanu, Jeffery)
TSE
Banned User

Post#12 » by TSE » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:17 pm

What if he drafts a woman with the first round pick, you still trust his judgment? If you automatically trust his judgment then it doesn't matter what he does as he can do no wrong. So that's not saying much. He will obviously have his reasons no matter who the pick is, but that's not what we are talking about here, we are talking about rationalizing the pick before we know what the future holds. The object is to disqualify or qualify the logic behind your GM making such a hypothetical pick and my contention is that it would unconscionable for him to consider that player, therefore you could never be in the position to accept the pick because you trust him because I'm saying it's flat out impossible except on a technical level since nothing's truly impossible. This is as close as it gets.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by gswhoops » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:45 am

TSE wrote:What if he drafts a woman with the first round pick, you still trust his judgment? If you automatically trust his judgment then it doesn't matter what he does as he can do no wrong.

I didn't say that I trust his judgment no matter what. All I said was that he's seen more of Fleener then anyone else in this debate, so he probably has seen enough of him to get a better feel then others. That's why I trust his opinion on Fleener.

To put it more simply, Harbaugh has inside info on Fleener that other front offices don't.
TSE
Banned User

Post#14 » by TSE » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:42 pm

Indeed he does. If he did pick him I would think he would be making a bad choice because of some kind of bias just because I believe it's such an obviously bad pick. But that's a legit reason to defend the pick in the hypothetical scenario that he did pick him.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by gswhoops » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:01 pm

TSE wrote:Indeed he does. If he did pick him I would think he would be making a bad choice because of some kind of bias just because I believe it's such an obviously bad pick. But that's a legit reason to defend the pick in the hypothetical scenario that he did pick him.

Yeah, fair enough. The inside info/bias arguments are two sides of the "previously coached" coin.

My first choice though would be to grab an offensive lineman at 30 and then pick up a WR in the second.
Triple M
General Manager
And1: 2,793

Post#16 » by Triple M » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:39 am

From a Titans fans perspective I wouldn't mind going CB but I think we have bigger holes on the D-line despite our FA acquisitions and departures. Yea losing Cortland hurt but people forget that he played a lot of nickle in our schemes while Verner/McCourty did a really solid job on the out side. On the other hand they added Wembley to the D-line but there is still room for improvement for a D-line that was one of the leagues worst at getting to the QB last year. Now if they do want to fix some of their secondary issues than Safety and not CB should be the focus, as Michael Griffin has been the definition of inconsistency the last few season. While Babineaux was a pleasant surprise for the Titans he can easily revert to the player that got cut by the Seahawks the season prior.

Return to NFL Draft