My 1st rd mock with pick analysis

Moderator: studcrackers

righterwriter
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,536

My 1st rd mock with pick analysis 

Post#1 » by righterwriter » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:13 am

Would love to hear your comments. I'm sure that you as fans can tell me where it went wrong or right for your team or perhaps another team.

1. Cleveland Browns- Sam Darnold --- Safe, sturdy pick at #1 to rebuild the franchise.
2. New York Giants- Bradley Chubb-- Team seems to love him, they go back to their strengths of a strong D-Line. Makes sense with the JPP trade.
3. NY Jets- Josh Rosen --- QB of the future, and maybe the present (after a few games).
4. Cleveland Browns- Saquon Barkley --- Offense of the future ready to go with him and Darnold.
5. Denver Broncos- Quenton Nelson --- Back to controlling the line of scrimmage with this bulldozer
6. Indianapolis Colts - Tremaine Edmunds-- Go for a big swing on this young talented linebacker
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Derwin James --- Brings physicality and leadership to the secondary
8. Chicago Bears- Minkah Fitzpatrick-- Blue chip defensive back with a nose for big plays.
9. Buffalo Bills - Josh Allen (trade with 49ers-- Pick 12 and 21 for #9) -- Bills don't let the Dolphins or Cardinals jump up to get Allen. Trade up to get the guy who can push the ball through Buffalo winter weather.
10. Oakland Raiders - Vita Vea --- Badly need help on the D-Line, especially with the running game.
11. Miami Dolphins - Baker Mayfield-- reports are that Mayfield and the Dolphins love each other
12. San Francisco 49ers (via BUF) - Josh Jackson --- Ideal big CB in their system. Can learn from the all-pro Sherman.
13. Washington Redskins - Roquan Smith --- Tough, tackling machine they need to shore up their terrible run defense.
14. Green Bay Packers - Denzel Ward --- Lucky to get perhaps the premier CB in the draft here.
15. Arizona Cardinals - Lamar Jackson-- The QB they need to pick for the future.
16. Baltimore Ravens - Calvin Ridley --- Will provide immediate and much needed help for Flacco
17. Los Angeles Chargers - Connor Williams --- Need talent at the RT position to help Rivers and Gordon
18. Seattle Seahawks - Marcus Davenport --- Physical freak will help replace Michael Bennett
19. Dallas Cowboys - Courtland Sutton --- Seems tailor made for the Cowboys without Dez
20. Detroit Lions - Will Hernandez --- Seriously need help with pass protection and the running game
21. San Francisco 49ers (via BUF)- Harold Landry --- Gotta get to the QB to beat the Rams
22. Cincinnati Bengals - Rashaan Evans -- Tackle machine and team leader at WLB
23. New England Patriots - Mike McGlinchey --- Gotta protect Tom, particularly with Solder gone in FA
24. Carolina Panthers - Christian Kirk --- Super desperate for a quality WR, Kirk could be a Golden Tate type
25. Tennessee Titans- Daron Payne --- Need a space eater and tough lineman to provide pressure
26. Atlanta Falcons- Tavon Bryan --- Also in need of QB pressure and run defense, Bryan is a beast
27. New Orleans Saints - Mike Gesicki --- Hoping for Jimmy Graham Pt.II with this excellent receiving TE
28. Pittsburgh Steelers - Leighton Vander Esch -- Will help plug that hole Shazier has left at LB
29. Jacksonville Jaguars - Kolton Miller --- More protection needed
30. Minnesota Vikings - Orlando Brown --- Could be an amazing value pick at RT for the Vikes here
31. New England Patriots - Jaire Alexander --- Malcolm Butler replacement
32. Philadelphia Eagles - Maurice Hurst --- Lost some good players on the DL, adding one here with huge upside
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,711

Re: My 1st rd mock with pick analysis 

Post#2 » by Pacers_Freak » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:28 pm

righterwriter wrote:Would love to hear your comments. I'm sure that you as fans can tell me where it went wrong or right for your team or perhaps another team.

1. Cleveland Browns- Sam Darnold --- Safe, sturdy pick at #1 to rebuild the franchise.
2. New York Giants- Bradley Chubb-- Team seems to love him, they go back to their strengths of a strong D-Line. Makes sense with the JPP trade.
3. NY Jets- Josh Rosen --- QB of the future, and maybe the present (after a few games).
4. Cleveland Browns- Saquon Barkley --- Offense of the future ready to go with him and Darnold.
5. Denver Broncos- Quenton Nelson --- Back to controlling the line of scrimmage with this bulldozer
6. Indianapolis Colts - Tremaine Edmunds-- Go for a big swing on this young talented linebacker
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Derwin James --- Brings physicality and leadership to the secondary
8. Chicago Bears- Minkah Fitzpatrick-- Blue chip defensive back with a nose for big plays.
9. Buffalo Bills - Josh Allen (trade with 49ers-- Pick 12 and 21 for #9) -- Bills don't let the Dolphins or Cardinals jump up to get Allen. Trade up to get the guy who can push the ball through Buffalo winter weather.
10. Oakland Raiders - Vita Vea --- Badly need help on the D-Line, especially with the running game.
11. Miami Dolphins - Baker Mayfield-- reports are that Mayfield and the Dolphins love each other
12. San Francisco 49ers (via BUF) - Josh Jackson --- Ideal big CB in their system. Can learn from the all-pro Sherman.
13. Washington Redskins - Roquan Smith --- Tough, tackling machine they need to shore up their terrible run defense.
14. Green Bay Packers - Denzel Ward --- Lucky to get perhaps the premier CB in the draft here.
15. Arizona Cardinals - Lamar Jackson-- The QB they need to pick for the future.
16. Baltimore Ravens - Calvin Ridley --- Will provide immediate and much needed help for Flacco
17. Los Angeles Chargers - Connor Williams --- Need talent at the RT position to help Rivers and Gordon
18. Seattle Seahawks - Marcus Davenport --- Physical freak will help replace Michael Bennett
19. Dallas Cowboys - Courtland Sutton --- Seems tailor made for the Cowboys without Dez
20. Detroit Lions - Will Hernandez --- Seriously need help with pass protection and the running game
21. San Francisco 49ers (via BUF)- Harold Landry --- Gotta get to the QB to beat the Rams
22. Cincinnati Bengals - Rashaan Evans -- Tackle machine and team leader at WLB
23. New England Patriots - Mike McGlinchey --- Gotta protect Tom, particularly with Solder gone in FA
24. Carolina Panthers - Christian Kirk --- Super desperate for a quality WR, Kirk could be a Golden Tate type
25. Tennessee Titans- Daron Payne --- Need a space eater and tough lineman to provide pressure
26. Atlanta Falcons- Tavon Bryan --- Also in need of QB pressure and run defense, Bryan is a beast
27. New Orleans Saints - Mike Gesicki --- Hoping for Jimmy Graham Pt.II with this excellent receiving TE
28. Pittsburgh Steelers - Leighton Vander Esch -- Will help plug that hole Shazier has left at LB
29. Jacksonville Jaguars - Kolton Miller --- More protection needed
30. Minnesota Vikings - Orlando Brown --- Could be an amazing value pick at RT for the Vikes here
31. New England Patriots - Jaire Alexander --- Malcolm Butler replacement
32. Philadelphia Eagles - Maurice Hurst --- Lost some good players on the DL, adding one here with huge upside

Great write up. I think Gesicki with the Saints would be pretty sick. 2 players I love in this draft are Fitzpatrick and Kirk. Cam would love someone like Kirk that can stretch the field. Again, well done man.
righterwriter
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,536

Post#3 » by righterwriter » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:47 pm

Well that didn't go very well :)
IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Post#4 » by IrishRainbow » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:07 pm

Well, you have Davenport to SEA at #18. The pick that GB ended up using...but Davenport did in fact go #14 to NO the pick that GB originally held.

You had it...just a glitch in the matrix jumbled it up a little. Check your coding and revisit yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using RealGM mobile app

Return to NFL Draft