Most underrated draft busts ever.

Moderator: studcrackers

Zwilliams
Ballboy
And1: 21

Most underrated draft busts ever. 

Post#1 » by Zwilliams » Fri Nov 8, 2019 6:01 pm

Basically players that go under the radar and people don’t realize that they were actually busts. There’s been busts like Ryan leaf etc, but these players need some mention as well.

Johnnie cooks. Real old timers who grew up in the 80s might remember him. He was taken #2 overall in the 1982 draft. By the then Baltimore colts. Highlights of his college career included a career high 24 tackles against auburn, he was a 1st team sec, and a 1st team ap all American, And was the mvp of the 1981. hall of fame bowl.
The only true highlight of cooks nfl career would probably be a game where he sacked jim pluckett 4 times. He never provided an impact what so ever, he did win a championship as he was a member of the 1990 New York giants before retiring due to nagging injuries, but cooks never lived up to being a #2 pick. But I guess since he played for an awful franchise he gets swept under the radar.

Ray Agnew and Chris Singleton. Both drafted by New England in 1991. New England passed on Emmett smith for 2 defensive players.

Agnew who was considered a standout linebacker at Arizona, started in 10 games just once in his nfl career,

Singleton only started in 7 games Only once during his tenure in New England. And had just 4.0 sacks over 3 seasons.

Gaines adams. I was gonna put Ron Holmes on here because he was another draft bust, but what made this worse was that Tampa took this guy over Adrian Peterson and beast mode.

Andre Ware. Okay nfl network made mention of him as a draft bust. when they did there top 10. But still this is a guy that set dozens of passing records at Houston, won the Heisman, Detroit took him at #7 but he played in only 4 seasons, and finished his career with 5 touchdowns and 8 interceptions why people don’t talk about him more as Being one of the biggest busts ever is beyond me. If leaf is considered one of the biggest busts ever then this guy should be talked about more as well.

Leonard fournette. Yes I’m going there not too early, What impact has Leonard fournette made? He’s done nothing he had a good rookie season but that’s it. So far this year he has 1 td, he’s never made a pro bowl, this was the so called best player in college right? And to think Jacksonville passed up on Patrick god damn Mahomes for this guy.

Solomon Thomas. Another recent guy.. I’ve seen some call him a bust but he’s still slept on when it comes to being a bust. This guy was the all pac-12 and won the Morris trophy In college but what he’s he done in the nfl? Absolutely nothing, the 49ers really picked this guy over Patrick Mahomes and deshaun watson. Unbelievable.

Calvin Pryor. Probably the highlight of Pryors career was when he stated he hated the patriots.
(Quote we don’t like those guys)

This is a guy who was chosen over Derek Carr and devante Adams. He needs some mention. He never did anything. He has 2 interceptions for his entire career and 131 total tackles.

Also another jet. Geno smith. Well we all know how that went no need to explain that. He just sucked period.

This will be controversial but I’m putting Reggie bush on this list as well... bush was one of the most hyped players ever but he never did much of anything in the nfl except ride the saints coattails to a title, he never even made a pro bowl he deserves to be talked about as a bust.

Jace amaro. Yet another jet damn well... once again New York had a chance to get devante Adams but instead chose Jace amaro. Amaro finished his nfl career with only 2 touchdowns.

Paxton Lynch. Yes he gets called a bust but not enough.
For his career he has 4 touchdowns and 4 interceptions absolutely pathetic and awful, he made only 4 starts in Denver playing just 2 seasons. Denver could have taken dak but they passed on him.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,707

Re: Most underrated draft busts ever. 

Post#2 » by gswhoops » Fri Apr 3, 2020 6:35 pm

AJ Jenkins count, or is he not under the radar?

He was a late first but he didn't catch a single pass for us in his entire career...

Return to NFL Draft