Discussion of random lower-round prospects

Moderator: studcrackers

PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Discussion of random lower-round prospects 

Post#1 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:57 am

We need a thread like this for all those guys (say, Thomas Brown of Georgia, Jacob Hester of LSU, Danny Woodhead of Chadron State) that you'd like to give props to/get information on/attempt to project. Remember: The draft matters. Go deep.

Three guys I like that I want to hear some opinions on:

Haruki Nakamura, FS/KR, Cincinnati (6th-7th round): This guy has always stood out to me every time I watch the Bearcats (I've seen about a half-dozen games over the last couple years). He's always in the right position, he seemingly never gets beat deep, and he's a good return man as well.

Joey Haynos, TE, Maryland (5th-6th round): I hadn't seen Maryland until the Emerald Bowl, but I was impressed by Haynos. He's f**king huge (6-8, 240) and looks to be solid catching the ball. He doesn't have great acceleration and his blocking may need a little work, but it'd be like having a third OT on the line with Haynos.

Geoff Schwartz, OT, Oregon (5th-6th round): Because I'm a homer and I say so. Schwartz, for the first nine weeks of the season, was Oregon's most consistent offensive lineman and he went up against some true talent in the form of Pac-10 DEs. He didn't play well late in the season and he needs to slim down, but I think he has a future as someone's backup RT.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#2 » by Icness » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:31 pm

Nakamura is from a city real close to my hometown and he's probably the only person of Asian descent anywhere near there. If he were bigger he'd be considered one of the better safeties in this draft, but he's very undersized and probably is a 4.55-4.6 guy. I think 6th-7th is accurate for him, and he's got a good chance to stick because he's intelligent and an excellent special teams guy.
Da Schwab
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,619

Post#3 » by Da Schwab » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:12 pm

I was watching the Shrine game off and on last night, and I must say, Josh Johnson (QB from San Diego) may make a team very happy in the 2nd day. He looked like Mike Vick with tremendous accuracy.

Return to NFL Draft