The Official Heisman Watch Discussion Thread

Moderator: studcrackers

Da Schwab
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,619

Post#41 » by Da Schwab » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:51 pm

mizzoupacers wrote:And he'll be back next year, because the NFL thinks he's too short. :rockon:

Who knew it could feel so good to be a Mizzou fan?

Staying another year will make him grow? What do they feed those kids at Mizzou?
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12

Post#42 » by mizzoupacers » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:31 pm

gunnabdaschwab09 wrote:What do they feed those kids at Mizzou?

Raw jayhawk. :wink:
Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,625

Post#43 » by Next Coming » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:22 am

Icness wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Think Drew Brees at Purdue, only with a little better foot speed. Uncanny accuracy in throwing lots of quick-hit, short routes from a base spread; throws to everyone on the field; can zip the ball into tight spots if he has to but doesn't have the big-time arm down the field. His leadership and decision making have been critical for Mizzou's success, but they do have some pretty good players all around him too, i.e. their #3 WR is far better than any opposing #3 CB, both their TEs are NFL talents, Tony Temple is a savvy RB, Maclin is Percy Harvin with better hands and toughness. Daniel is the ringleader that makes it all happen for them.

Daniel was pre-season All Big 12 second team and made the initial list for the Unitas Award, so he wasn't completely unknown but rather very under the radar. It's not like Mizzou has much of a national football profile or is ever on TV. I remembered him lighting up Ohio U. last year and have kinda followed him since then, but he's greatly exceeded anything I expected.

Drew Brees was the first player I thought of. Probably because of his stature.

Return to NCAA Football