#11 Texas at California, Saturday 9/17, 10:30 PM ET, ESPN 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:37 pm

bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Re: #11 Texas at California, Saturday 9/17, 10:30 PM ET, ESPN 

Post#2 » by bleu » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:46 am

Haven't really watched much yet, anybody have this on? How does Cal look so far?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,461

Post#3 » by bwgood77 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:50 am

bleu wrote:Haven't really watched much yet, anybody have this on? How does Cal look so far?

I have it on. Cal's usually pretty tough but they were down last year a bit. I am just surprised at how good Texas is suddenly. They have disappointed big time the last couple of years after bringing Charlie Strong in. But finally I guess HIS recruits are starting to play more.

He was under a lot of fire here....and as good as the phrase "Smart and Strong" is after hiring him and Shaka Smart for basketball, they severely needed results.

If they beat Cal, ND and Cal are two pretty nice non conference wins before you start conference play. If they were to run the Big 12 after that, or even just lose one, they would have a good case to get in to the playoff. The Big 12 voters and probably the NCAA overall would probably love Texas to make it because they are such a huge program.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by bleu » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:21 am

bwgood77 wrote:
bleu wrote:Haven't really watched much yet, anybody have this on? How does Cal look so far?

I have it on. Cal's usually pretty tough but they were down last year a bit. I am just surprised at how good Texas is suddenly. They have disappointed big time the last couple of years after bringing Charlie Strong in. But finally I guess HIS recruits are starting to play more.

He was under a lot of fire here....and as good as the phrase "Smart and Strong" is after hiring him and Shaka Smart for basketball, they severely needed results.

If they beat Cal, ND and Cal are two pretty nice non conference wins before you start conference play. If they were to run the Big 12 after that, or even just lose one, they would have a good case to get in to the playoff. The Big 12 voters and probably the NCAA overall would probably love Texas to make it because they are such a huge program.

Just took a peak at the score, looks like it's a really nice game! I'd love to see Cal pull out an upset, the world is just better when Texas football isn't good. Flipping between this and the BYU-UCLA game right now.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,461

Post#5 » by bwgood77 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:40 am

bleu wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Just took a peak at the score, looks like it's a really nice game! I'd love to see Cal pull out an upset, the world is just better when Texas football isn't good. Flipping between this and the BYU-UCLA game right now.

Definitely is a great game. Normally I pull for all PAC 12 teams to win out of conference to help rankings, but Oregon already messed that up today, and Austin would be a much happier place with a win so I don't really care either way. A good game is nice though.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by bleu » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:05 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Definitely is a great game. Normally I pull for all PAC 12 teams to win out of conference to help rankings, but Oregon already messed that up today, and Austin would be a much happier place with a win so I don't really care either way. A good game is nice though.

Understandable, I may feel differently if I lived down there as well. I just much prefer to see the Pac 12 lovable underdog Cal win than the 200 million dollar budget Texas.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by bleu » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:26 am

I don't really understand Cal's strategy there to try to hurry up the offense in the red zone and leave 4 minutes on the clock for Texas to score. I mean they got in, but I think I would have tried to melt a little more clock off in the process.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by bleu » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:37 am

ARE YOU **** KIDDING ME CAL?!?!

How hard is it to carry the damn football all the way across the goal line?? Please, somebody tell me. I never played football, but I just have to imagine that if you can break through an entire defensive line and run the ball for 60 yards, that you could find the strength somewhere within you to carry that ball for even one second longer while you cross the goal line. How does this happen?!
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#9 » by bondom34 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:12 am

bleu wrote:ARE YOU **** KIDDING ME CAL?!?!

How hard is it to carry the damn football all the way across the goal line?? Please, somebody tell me. I never played football, but I just have to imagine that if you can break through an entire defensive line and run the ball for 60 yards, that you could find the strength somewhere within you to carry that ball for even one second longer while you cross the goal line. How does this happen?!

Some dummy did it a few weeks ago too, I swear some day people will realize it. Not a hard freakin concept.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO

Return to NCAA Football