Les Miles FIRED

Moderator: studcrackers

bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Les Miles FIRED 

Post#1 » by bleu » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:01 pm

Whoa. This is a real bombshell, I can't imagine too many people were expecting this. After a 2-2 start, LSU has fired Les Miles. OC Cam Cameron is fired as well. I'm very interested to see where he winds up, IMO he's one of the top coaches in the game.

Read on Twitter
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Les Miles fired! 

Post#2 » by bleu » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:03 pm

Read on Twitter
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Les Miles fired! 

Post#3 » by bleu » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:03 pm

Read on Twitter
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,958

Re: Les Miles FIRED 

Post#4 » by goober » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:08 pm

will be interesting to see how orgeron does, he was awesome as interim of the Trojans.

Les Miles will certainly have a job after this though, I could see USC going after him.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by bleu » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:16 pm

Goober wrote:will be interesting to see how orgeron does, he was awesome as interim of the Trojans.

Les Miles will certainly have a job after this though, I could see USC going after him.

If I had to bet, I think that LSU will be just fine under Orgeron. But I also believe that Les Miles is going to land (and be successful) somewhere else, and 2 or 3 years down the road LSU will wish they hadn't fired him.
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,866

Post#6 » by Goudelock » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:10 pm

Do you think that Art Briles is a candidate for the LSU job, or is he too toxic right now?
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Post#7 » by Latrell » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:22 pm

LSU has underachieved big time the last few years under him.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by bleu » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:13 am

PockyCandy wrote:Do you think that Art Briles is a candidate for the LSU job, or is he too toxic right now?

I've actually seen a few different tweets (who knows how credible they are), mentioning that they have already reached out and spoken to Briles, as well as Tom Herman. My guess is they just go with an interim coach the rest of the season, then see what they can get in the offseason.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,437

Post#9 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:21 am

Wow. Just saw the headline.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,866

Post#10 » by Goudelock » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:25 am

bleu wrote:
PockyCandy wrote:Do you think that Art Briles is a candidate for the LSU job, or is he too toxic right now?

I've actually seen a few different tweets (who knows how credible they are), mentioning that they have already reached out and spoken to Briles, as well as Tom Herman. My guess is they just go with an interim coach the rest of the season, then see what they can get in the offseason.

I hope that Herman doesn't leave Houston. It would be nice if CFB had a new team become a powerhouse a la Miami in the 80's.

Anyways, I'd like to see Kiffin go to LSU. My Tennessee buddies at school hate him with a passion, but even they have to admit that he can coach an offense and recruit.

As for Briles, why would any team actually want him, now that I've thought about it? He's basically Joe Paterno minus the tons of goodwill that he built by not being a terrible person outside of that one HUGE incident. Briles just sounds like a bad guy.
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by bleu » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:34 am

PockyCandy wrote:
bleu wrote:

I hope that Herman doesn't leave Houston. It would be nice if CFB had a new team become a powerhouse a la Miami in the 80's.

Anyways, I'd like to see Kiffin go to LSU. My Tennessee buddies at school hate him with a passion, but even they have to admit that he can coach an offense and recruit.

As for Briles, why would any team actually want him, now that I've thought about it? He's basically Joe Paterno minus the tons of goodwill that he built by not being a terrible person outside of that one HUGE incident. Briles just sounds like a bad guy.

I agree with all of this, but I couldn't see LSU hiring Kiffin. My guess is they try hard to get Herman (although I really hope they don't), but I mean, he's gotta be their top guy, right? If they can't get him, I could see them going hard for Jimbo Fisher or Bob Stoops, or maybe (and this is my dark horse guy) Kyle Whittingham from Utah.
kdawg32086
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 929

Post#12 » by kdawg32086 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:36 am

Just thinking about the coaches and schools mentioned already in this thread, I think LSU goes after Herman, with USC going after Les Miles. As far as Briles goes, I could see him winding up at Auburn if they fire Malzahn.
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#13 » by bondom34 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:34 am

I'm having a tough time seeing Briles back that soon, and figure LSU goes for Herman. Don't know (and don't want him to) leave, I'd rather guys stay at the non power schools.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#14 » by El Turco » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:30 am

bleu wrote:Whoa. This is a real bombshell, I can't imagine too many people were expecting this. After a 2-2 start, LSU has fired Les Miles. OC Cam Cameron is fired as well. I'm very interested to see where he winds up, IMO he's one of the top coaches in the game.

Read on Twitter

writing was on the wall, he barely kept his job last year and was underachieving this year yet again.

briles' style is opposite of how lsu teams are built traditionally, but maybe systematic change is what they need. lsu should have lot of interests in the job though, they control one of the most fertile recruiting regions in the country.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Zion Wembanyama
RealGM
And1: 3,304

Post#15 » by Zion Wembanyama » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:23 am

Southern Cal needs Les Miles.
NBA - Pelicans,Hornets
NFL - Panthers
MLB - Braves
NHL - Ducks, Hurricanes
NCAAB - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
NCAAF - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
Soccer - PSG, CLT FC, USMNT, FRA, SCO
Golf - Tiger Woods
Tennis - Rafael Nadal
NASCAR - Joey Lagano
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,564

Post#16 » by hermes » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:47 pm

this seems really crazy to me (as a fan of a school that just gave a lifetime contract to kirk ferentz), miles has been really good. guess expectations are really high at lsu. going to be really tough for whoever replaces him
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,564

Post#17 » by hermes » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:49 pm

herman has to be the top guy on the list, so they'll make a huge push i imagine. who knows if he'll go (might not be the gig he wants, and he has the luxury to choose)

lot of miles to usc, but i wonder if he doesn't hang it up and get a studio job or something
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#18 » by studcrackers » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:46 am

PockyCandy wrote:
bleu wrote:

i would laugh so hard if kiffin went to lsu
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,958

Post#19 » by goober » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:35 am

hermes wrote:herman has to be the top guy on the list, so they'll make a huge push i imagine. who knows if he'll go (might not be the gig he wants, and he has the luxury to choose)

lot of miles to usc, but i wonder if he doesn't hang it up and get a studio job or something

Miles says he wants to coach next season

Return to NCAA Football