Conference Championship Week Game Thread

Moderators: studcrackers, bleu

OsuCavsfan103
Analyst
Posts: 3,738
And1: 3,504
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
Location: Ohio
       

Re: Conference Championship Week Game Thread 

Post#81 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 7:57 am

bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Weird for a team who's lost so many big games. But 24-21. Hey, enjoy the L.


PSU wouldn't know, they don't make big games anymore, at least not since the invention of the internet :wink:

Wow, I didn't know Ohio just got internet in 2010.

Image


You consider the Outback bowl in 2010 a big game? lol Heck, PSU hasn't won a meaningful bowl game since 2005.
Cleeeeveland this is for you!
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 44,540
And1: 26,535
Joined: Mar 01, 2013
       

Re: Conference Championship Week Game Thread 

Post#82 » by bondom34 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 7:59 am

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
PSU wouldn't know, they don't make big games anymore, at least not since the invention of the internet :wink:

Wow, I didn't know Ohio just got internet in 2010.

Image


You consider the Outback bowl in 2010 a big game? lol Heck, PSU hasn't won a meaningful bowl game since 2005.

OK 2009 then.

Outback is to me, Rose definitely is. But keep living in the past if it makes you feel like this year's team is better, because they were worse than Penn State. Same thing happened w/ TCU a few yrs back, and a conference champ jumped a team well ahead because they won the conference.....just saying. It won't this year, but enjoy your bowl.
Dion Waiters wrote: What’s the analytics on that?

E: Pacers for Reggie
W: Thunder for Russ
OsuCavsfan103
Analyst
Posts: 3,738
And1: 3,504
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
Location: Ohio
       

Re: Conference Championship Week Game Thread 

Post#83 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 8:02 am

bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Wow, I didn't know Ohio just got internet in 2010.

Image


You consider the Outback bowl in 2010 a big game? lol Heck, PSU hasn't won a meaningful bowl game since 2005.

OK 2009 then.

Outback is to me, Rose definitely is. But keep living in the past if it makes you feel like this year's team is better, because they were worse than Penn State.


Haha stop it. Nobody cares about the Capital One Bowl, Heck nobody even really cares about non-playoff BCS bowls anymore. Top programs play for titles.

I don't need to live in the past, I've most likely got this year in the playoffs, again. Does PSU? :D
Cleeeeveland this is for you!
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 44,540
And1: 26,535
Joined: Mar 01, 2013
       

Re: Conference Championship Week Game Thread 

Post#84 » by bondom34 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 8:04 am

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
You consider the Outback bowl in 2010 a big game? lol Heck, PSU hasn't won a meaningful bowl game since 2005.

OK 2009 then.

Outback is to me, Rose definitely is. But keep living in the past if it makes you feel like this year's team is better, because they were worse than Penn State.


Haha stop it. Nobody cares about the Capital One Bowl, Heck nobody even really cares about non-playoff BCS bowls anymore. Top programs play for titles.

I don't need to live in the past, I've most likely got this year in the playoffs, again. Does PSU? :D

They have a conference title. They don't need a committee to call them winners, they decide it on the field. Unfortunately for you, tOSU couldn't handle that big a task.
Dion Waiters wrote: What’s the analytics on that?

E: Pacers for Reggie
W: Thunder for Russ
OsuCavsfan103
Analyst
Posts: 3,738
And1: 3,504
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
Location: Ohio
       

Re: Conference Championship Week Game Thread 

Post#85 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 8:08 am

bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:OK 2009 then.

Outback is to me, Rose definitely is. But keep living in the past if it makes you feel like this year's team is better, because they were worse than Penn State.


Haha stop it. Nobody cares about the Capital One Bowl, Heck nobody even really cares about non-playoff BCS bowls anymore. Top programs play for titles.

I don't need to live in the past, I've most likely got this year in the playoffs, again. Does PSU? :D

They have a conference title. They don't need a committee to call them winners, they decide it on the field. Unfortunately for you, tOSU couldn't handle that big a task.


Haha ok, well you enjoy that B10 title by beating the #4 team in the B10 tonight. Enjoy your bowl, good luck to PSU to whoever they play. I know for one, no matter what I hope to see the B10 do well in all the bowls... because I love watching the SEC knocked down a beg and have to listen to everyone agreeing the B10 is the best conference.
Cleeeeveland this is for you!
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 44,540
And1: 26,535
Joined: Mar 01, 2013
       

Re: Conference Championship Week Game Thread 

Post#86 » by bondom34 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 8:09 am

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
Haha stop it. Nobody cares about the Capital One Bowl, Heck nobody even really cares about non-playoff BCS bowls anymore. Top programs play for titles.

I don't need to live in the past, I've most likely got this year in the playoffs, again. Does PSU? :D

They have a conference title. They don't need a committee to call them winners, they decide it on the field. Unfortunately for you, tOSU couldn't handle that big a task.


Haha ok, well you enjoy that B10 title by beating the #4 team in the B10. Enjoy your bowl, good luck to PSU to whoever they play. I know for one, no matter what I hope to see the B10 do well in all the bowls... because I love watching the SEC knocked down a beg and have to listen to everyone agreeing the B10 is the best conference.

Wow, you admit you're the number 4 team in the B1G.
Dion Waiters wrote: What’s the analytics on that?

E: Pacers for Reggie
W: Thunder for Russ
OsuCavsfan103
Analyst
Posts: 3,738
And1: 3,504
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
Location: Ohio
       

Re: Conference Championship Week Game Thread 

Post#87 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 8:10 am

bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:They have a conference title. They don't need a committee to call them winners, they decide it on the field. Unfortunately for you, tOSU couldn't handle that big a task.


Haha ok, well you enjoy that B10 title by beating the #4 team in the B10. Enjoy your bowl, good luck to PSU to whoever they play. I know for one, no matter what I hope to see the B10 do well in all the bowls... because I love watching the SEC knocked down a beg and have to listen to everyone agreeing the B10 is the best conference.

Wow, you admit you're the number 4 team in the B1G.


Nah, figured you'd say that, I already edited it.
Cleeeeveland this is for you!
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 44,540
And1: 26,535
Joined: Mar 01, 2013
       

Re: Conference Championship Week Game Thread 

Post#88 » by bondom34 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 8:11 am

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
Haha ok, well you enjoy that B10 title by beating the #4 team in the B10. Enjoy your bowl, good luck to PSU to whoever they play. I know for one, no matter what I hope to see the B10 do well in all the bowls... because I love watching the SEC knocked down a beg and have to listen to everyone agreeing the B10 is the best conference.

Wow, you admit you're the number 4 team in the B1G.


Nah, figured you'd say that, I already edited it.

Well that speaks poorly of OSU
Dion Waiters wrote: What’s the analytics on that?

E: Pacers for Reggie
W: Thunder for Russ
OsuCavsfan103
Analyst
Posts: 3,738
And1: 3,504
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
Location: Ohio
       

Re: Conference Championship Week Game Thread 

Post#89 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 8:16 am

bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Wow, you admit you're the number 4 team in the B1G.


Nah, figured you'd say that, I already edited it.

Well that speaks poorly of OSU


Seriously, you are better than trying to resort to twisting my words when you clearly knew what I was talking about.

Although I get it, it's tough when you won the conference and people still don't take you seriously. Most people dont' even think you're the 2nd best B10 team let alone the first.
Cleeeeveland this is for you!
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 44,540
And1: 26,535
Joined: Mar 01, 2013
       

Re: Conference Championship Week Game Thread 

Post#90 » by bondom34 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 8:20 am

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
Nah, figured you'd say that, I already edited it.

Well that speaks poorly of OSU


Seriously, you are better than trying to resort to twisting my words when you clearly knew what I was talking about.

Although I get it, it's tough when you won the conference and people still don't take you seriously. Most people dont' even think you're the 2nd best B10 team let alone the first.

Oh, yet plenty have them in (even over OSU). But really, I don't care what others think. That's what the trophy is for.

Alright, gotta go to bed for real now. Good luck in the playoff, I'm not expecting it and never was, but the system's broke.
Dion Waiters wrote: What’s the analytics on that?

E: Pacers for Reggie
W: Thunder for Russ
OsuCavsfan103
Analyst
Posts: 3,738
And1: 3,504
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
Location: Ohio
       

Re: Conference Championship Week Game Thread 

Post#91 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 8:40 am

bondom34 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Well that speaks poorly of OSU


Seriously, you are better than trying to resort to twisting my words when you clearly knew what I was talking about.

Although I get it, it's tough when you won the conference and people still don't take you seriously. Most people dont' even think you're the 2nd best B10 team let alone the first.

Oh, yet plenty have them in (even over OSU). But really, I don't care what others think. That's what the trophy is for.

Alright, gotta go to bed for real now. Good luck in the playoff, I'm not expecting it and never was, but the system's broke.


Tell that to Bama in 2011. Lost the SEC title, went on to win the NC trophy anyhow. Who knows, maybe OSU does the same? Crazy things happen. Good luck to PSU, represent the B10 well regardless.
Cleeeeveland this is for you!
User avatar
Otis Driftwood
Analyst
Posts: 3,499
And1: 1,038
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
       

Re: Conference Championship Week Game Thread 

Post#92 » by Otis Driftwood » Sun Dec 4, 2016 1:38 pm

13th data point.

That is all.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 33,913
And1: 3,686
Joined: Jun 25, 2002
Location: Seattle Area
       

Re: Conference Championship Week Game Thread 

Post#93 » by Bulltalk » Mon Dec 5, 2016 7:30 pm

The committee got it right except for one thing. Washington should have been ranked the #2 seed, or the #3 seed at the very least. Ohio State should have been the #4 seed, as a bow to the fact that they didn't win their conference even though they played a strong schedule, had only one loss, and were clearly one of the four best teams.

Penn State fans and Big Ten fans can quit their whining. Penn State is fortunate to being playing in the Rose Bowl, the oldest, most illustrious bowl of them all. It is there that they will get squashed by USC and end any lingering doubts that they should have been in the playoff.
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
User avatar
Cactus Jack
General Manager
Posts: 9,720
And1: 4,533
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Location: Seattle
   

Re: Conference Championship Week Game Thread 

Post#94 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Dec 5, 2016 8:00 pm

Bulltalk wrote:The committee got it right except for one thing. Washington should have been ranked the #2 seed, or the #3 seed at the very least. Ohio State should have been the #4 seed, as a bow to the fact that they didn't win their conference even though they played a strong schedule, had only one loss, and were clearly one of the four best teams.

Penn State fans and Big Ten fans can quit their whining. Penn State is fortunate to being playing in the Rose Bowl, the oldest, most illustrious bowl of them all. It is there that they will get squashed by USC and end any lingering doubts that they should have been in the playoff.

1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. UW
4. OSU

I was hoping the committee would follow this thinking. At the same time, I do feel for Penn State & their fans. All 5 major conference champs should automatically qualify. Include 8 teams. Its that simple.

Go Dawgs!
Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 33,913
And1: 3,686
Joined: Jun 25, 2002
Location: Seattle Area
       

Re: Conference Championship Week Game Thread 

Post#95 » by Bulltalk » Mon Dec 5, 2016 10:02 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Bulltalk wrote:The committee got it right except for one thing. Washington should have been ranked the #2 seed, or the #3 seed at the very least. Ohio State should have been the #4 seed, as a bow to the fact that they didn't win their conference even though they played a strong schedule, had only one loss, and were clearly one of the four best teams.

Penn State fans and Big Ten fans can quit their whining. Penn State is fortunate to being playing in the Rose Bowl, the oldest, most illustrious bowl of them all. It is there that they will get squashed by USC and end any lingering doubts that they should have been in the playoff.

1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. UW
4. OSU

I was hoping the committee would follow this thinking. At the same time, I do feel for Penn State & their fans. All 5 major conference champs should automatically qualify. Include 8 teams. Its that simple.

Go Dawgs!


I think most fans in the know think the winner of each power 5 conference should automatically get in, and then 3 wild card teams. That way any team that doesn't make it from a power 5 conference as a wild card team knows that they could have made it if they had won their conference. No whining. Also gives a chance for one of the lesser conferences to put in a Cinderella team. What's more, it makes each regular season game, especially each conference game, just a little more meaningful.

But 8 should be the limit. 8 teams already would be taxing these college players, and possibly even be threatening a big pay day for some if they get injured. Maybe schools should have to take out insurance policies for their star players for this reason. Makes sense to me.

But I hear that this isn't going to happen for awhile. Has something to do with the Rose Bowl.

Anyway...Go Dawgs!
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 33,913
And1: 3,686
Joined: Jun 25, 2002
Location: Seattle Area
       

Re: Conference Championship Week Game Thread 

Post#96 » by Bulltalk » Mon Dec 5, 2016 10:15 pm

Maybe they should just have a playoff for the lesser 5 conferences as well. Use some of the lesser bowls as their playoff games, like the Holiday Bowl and the Cactus Bowl. This might make such lesser bowl games more meaningful in this way. Just a thought.
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 33,913
And1: 3,686
Joined: Jun 25, 2002
Location: Seattle Area
       

Re: Conference Championship Week Game Thread 

Post#97 » by Bulltalk » Mon Dec 5, 2016 10:24 pm

To me there was a lot of false drama going into playoff weekend. The CFP committee had a ranking before the conference playoff games. They basically set it up by their own reasoning that if Washington won somewhat convincingly against their own 8th ranked team Colorado, there was no logical reason to catapult a lesser ranked team in either Penn State or Wisconsin or Michigan or Oklahoma above them. Once Washington won big over Colorado, there was really no opportunity for a team to leapfrog them. If such a team did, it would have gone against their own ranking system the week before, and made them look bad.
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
User avatar
Arda K
RealGM
Posts: 48,077
And1: 18,778
Joined: Apr 11, 2007
Location: Frisco
     

Re: Conference Championship Week Game Thread 

Post#98 » by Arda K » Mon Dec 5, 2016 10:35 pm

conference championship argument is dumb and always will be until there is a way to even out the conferences, especially with the way sec and big ten divisions set up. i agree with psu not getting in but for example michigan proved they are as good as the 3rd best team in the country and absolutely ripped apart the big ten champion and pac 12 finalist yet they are not in because washington won a conference that resembles mountain west. idea is to get the best teams in, not to give participation awards to teams from west coast.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!


Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 33,913
And1: 3,686
Joined: Jun 25, 2002
Location: Seattle Area
       

Re: Conference Championship Week Game Thread 

Post#99 » by Bulltalk » Tue Dec 6, 2016 12:29 am

Arda K wrote:conference championship argument is dumb and always will be until there is a way to even out the conferences, especially with the way sec and big ten divisions set up. i agree with psu not getting in but for example michigan proved they are as good as the 3rd best team in the country and absolutely ripped apart the big ten champion and pac 12 finalist yet they are not in because washington won a conference that resembles mountain west. idea is to get the best teams in, not to give participation awards to teams from west coast.


Participation awards for the west coast teams? LOL Since 2000, Pac-12 teams have a winning record over Big Ten teams in head-to-head competition.
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
OsuCavsfan103
Analyst
Posts: 3,738
And1: 3,504
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
Location: Ohio
       

Re: Conference Championship Week Game Thread 

Post#100 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 1:13 am

Arda K wrote:conference championship argument is dumb and always will be until there is a way to even out the conferences, especially with the way sec and big ten divisions set up. i agree with psu not getting in but for example michigan proved they are as good as the 3rd best team in the country and absolutely ripped apart the big ten champion and pac 12 finalist yet they are not in because washington won a conference that resembles mountain west. idea is to get the best teams in, not to give participation awards to teams from west coast.


Why would you say that? You know conference titles mean everything. I mean come on VaTech and UF got to play in them for god sakes. That is prestigious right there!
Cleeeeveland this is for you!

Return to NCAA Football