COLLEGE FOOTBALL WEEK 7 DISCUSSION

Moderator: studcrackers

bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

COLLEGE FOOTBALL WEEK 7 DISCUSSION 

Post#1 » by bleu » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:33 pm

Sorry to get this up so late, been a crazy week. Already a bunch of good games going on, I'll probably stay locked on this WV - Texas Tech game, see if they break 100.

What are you guys watching today?
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,165

Re: COLLEGE FOOTBALL WEEK 7 DISCUSSION 

Post#2 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:42 pm

bleu wrote:Sorry to get this up so late, been a crazy week. Already a bunch of good games going on, I'll probably stay locked on this WV - Texas Tech game, see if they break 100.

Texas vs OU!

Well, that and the Astros.

Hey, OT but did you know the Yankees have a player named Aaron Judge and he plays for the Yankees?

Yankees.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#3 » by bleu » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:54 pm

RaoulDuke79 wrote:
bleu wrote:Sorry to get this up so late, been a crazy week. Already a bunch of good games going on, I'll probably stay locked on this WV - Texas Tech game, see if they break 100.

Texas vs OU!

Hey, OT but did you know the Yankees have a player named Aaron Judge and he plays for the Yankees?

Yankees.

Yeah, I'll probably be doing a bunch of flipping between baseball and college football today. I think Texas actually keeps things pretty close with OU, should be a fun one to watch.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,277

Post#4 » by Bulltalk » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:29 pm

Of course the Washington Huskies vs. the Arizona State Sun Devils is the game of the week tonight. Huskies need to get to 7-0 and the bye week.

But I do have some interest in games like Oklahoma vs. Texas, Alabama vs, Arkansas (until AL begins blowing them out), Ohio State vs. Nebraska, Oregon vs. Stanford, and Utah vs. USC.
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,477

Post#5 » by bwgood77 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:48 pm

bleu wrote:
RaoulDuke79 wrote:

Texas vs OU!

Yankees.

Yeah, I'll probably be doing a bunch of flipping between baseball and college football today. I think Texas actually keeps things pretty close with OU, should be a fun one to watch.

There is a huge high school football rivalry in Austin and they often play for the state championship between Westlake and Lake Travis. Sam Ehlinger (as well as Brees and Foles) went to Westlake, but Ehlinger could never beat Lake Travis. They would finish with one loss every year. Baker Mayfield went to Lake Travis, and came out this week and said "Ehlinger still could never beat Lake Travis."
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Bulltalk » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:53 pm

Of course, as you can probably tell, I'm a Washington Husky homer. It's a little hard to keep it in my pants about them now because we've finally returned to relevancy on the national college football stage after crawling out of the dark ages of Washington football. I think the Huskies are going to remain relevant on the national college football stage for some years now for these reasons:

1) Chris Petersen. Chris Petersen. Chris Petersen. The true heir to Don James has finally arrived at Montlake. He's top 5 college coaches in the country, IMO.

2) We have a quality AD that works well with Petersen, and a motivated alumni donor class that's been pouring money back into the program in recent years.

3) We have newly renovated football facilities from top to bottom, and perhaps the best setting for a college football stadium in the country.

4) The school is in a thriving major metropolitan area, the city of Seattle.

5) It's a great educational institution trailing only Stanford in this way in the Pac 12, and on a par with the likes of Cal and USC.

6) For these reasons and the return to excellence as a football program, recruits upon visiting find little to not like about the school and the football program.

Anyway...

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,477

Post#7 » by bwgood77 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:59 pm

Bulltalk wrote:Of course, as you can probably tell, I'm a Washington Husky homer. It's a little hard to keep it in my pants about them now because we've finally returned to relevancy on the national college football stage after crawling out of the dark ages of Washington football. I think the Huskies are going to remain relevant on the national college football stage for some years now for these reasons:

1) Chris Petersen. Chris Petersen. Chris Petersen. The true heir to Don James has finally arrived at Montlake. He's top 5 college coaches in the country, IMO.

2) We have a quality AD that works well with Petersen, and a motivated alumni donor class that's been pouring money back into the program in recent years.

3) We have newly renovated football facilities from top to bottom, and perhaps the best setting for a college football stadium in the country.

5) It's a great educational institution trailing only Stanford in this way in the Pac 12, and on a par with the likes of Cal and USC.

6) For these reasons and the return to excellence as a football program, recruits upon visiting find little to not like about the school and the football program.

Anyway...

I'll probably pull for Washington or Wazzou to win it all simply because I am a big PAC12 fan but like to see some of the PAC12 teams who haven't had the big success over the last decade plus like Oregon, USC and to a lesser extent Stanford and others. I'd pull for Oregon over the LA schools but probably the Washington schools over anyone outside of AZ.

Just SO tired of Bama.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Bulltalk » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:05 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Bulltalk wrote:Of course, as you can probably tell, I'm a Washington Husky homer. It's a little hard to keep it in my pants about them now because we've finally returned to relevancy on the national college football stage after crawling out of the dark ages of Washington football. I think the Huskies are going to remain relevant on the national college football stage for some years now for these reasons:

Anyway...

I'll probably pull for Washington or Wazzou to win it all simply because I am a big PAC12 fan but like to see some of the PAC12 teams who haven't had the big success over the last decade plus like Oregon, USC and to a lesser extent Stanford and others. I'd pull for Oregon over the LA schools but probably the Washington schools over anyone outside of AZ.

Just SO tired of Bama.

With you on Alabama (and the SEC, for that matter). I have to say this about Bama and Nick Saban, though. They're always ready to play, and rarely if ever "gaff" a game.

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#9 » by studcrackers » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:34 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
bleu wrote:
RaoulDuke79 wrote:
Texas vs OU!

Yankees.

There is a huge high school football rivalry in Austin and they often play for the state championship between Westlake and Lake Travis. Sam Ehlinger (as well as Brees and Foles) went to Westlake, but Ehlinger could never beat Lake Travis. They would finish with one loss every year. Baker Mayfield went to Lake Travis, and came out this week and said "Ehlinger still could never beat Lake Travis."

That's awesome. Which is the one Todd Dodge is at?
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Bulltalk » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:55 pm

I wonder what teams/college football programs people would say are the most underachieving based upon fan interest, money spent on their football programs, and the talent level of high school recruits they get?

The first school that comes to mind for me is Tennessee. Other schools that come to mind are LSU, Texas, Michigan (pre-Harbaugh), maybe Georgia. I don't know...just a passing thought.

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#11 » by studcrackers » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:27 pm

In terms of talent I'd probably say LSU. If Saban stayed there I'd bet they'd have like 6 titles by now

In terms of the money put in the program and boosters, Texas
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Bulltalk » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:37 pm

studcrackers wrote:In terms of talent I'd probably say LSU. If Saban stayed there I'd bet they'd have like 6 titles by now

In terms of the money put in the program and boosters, Texas

I give you Texas. No doubt, for the reasons you mentioned and more. I can't figure out why they can't get the best head coach money can buy, and then just roll? I mean, their local recruiting base, facilities, fan interest, great college town, donor base, etc...are out of this world. You could hardly ask for more.

Maybe their new coach can turn it around. He did a great job at Houston.

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Post#13 » by hermes » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:23 pm

you guys....rutgers won a conference game

rutgers!

it was illinois but its something, and on the road!
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#14 » by studcrackers » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:25 pm

Well Mack brown left Charlie Strong with nothing. Really Mack should thank Colt McCoy since that bought him like 5 extra years.

When Charlie got there half the boosters didn't want him there (I'll let you figure out why) and was never given a fair shot though part of it was his own fault.

I've always thought it was kind of an overrated job and can't imagine what a pain in the ass it is to deal with their boosters (something Mack was great at)

They were really close to prying Saban away from Bama but couldn't get their sh*t together
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,453

Post#15 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:26 pm

Anyway...

When did you graduate, Bull?

I took classes at the UW Bothell Campus.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#16 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:50 pm

TX/OK is shaping into a heck of a game here.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Bulltalk » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:56 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

Anyway...

I'm a UW fan by geography and love of college football, not because I went there or am an alum. My college didn't have a major college football program.

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#18 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:12 pm

Bulltalk wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Anyway...

I'm a UW fan by geography and love of college football, not because I went there or am an alum. My college didn't have a major college football program.

Where'd you go to school?
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Bulltalk » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:14 pm

I got my undergrad and Master's degree at The Evergreen State College.

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by Bulltalk » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:35 pm

Alabama game is already on its way to becoming boring...

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)

Return to NCAA Football